Price Action Scalping

0.7 is good. Ig markets give me 2 pip!!
1 if i do 20 trades a day, but i have a. Job so trade 2 days week

0.7 is good. Ig markets give me 2 pip!!
1 if i do 20 trades a day, but i have a. Job so trade 2 days week

You cannot scalp with 2 pips spread, above 1 your chance will be diminished, with 2 you have not chance, I will pm the broker's name.

Last edited:
Hi all

New day, just arrived at my screen, a nice push up just happened, let see.

Attachments

• 13:3.png
    13:3.png
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,004
Not any trades yet, missed a two good entries (A and B).

When the market is quite, we tend to get distracted by things that do not concern trading which develops into a lack of focus, which is essential in scalping and hopefully we will learn from it.

I am only pointing this out, to underline the importance on focusing, and at the same time I would like very much to say that there is not any gain into crying over a missing trade, but will only make us lose our focus into the next trade.

Attachments

• missed trades.png
    missed trades.png
    73.6 KB · Views: 764
First trade of the day.

Went short at the break and pull back of the bottom range, she stalled, then shook me out, just to see her go in my initial direction. I think some news realise (Japan?) has got something to do with it.

C'est la vie, this is trading.

-7 pips. -2%

Attachments

• 13:3-1.png
    13:3-1.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 2,391
What else is used? Rsi? MACD? Fib?

Addy

How much do you know about technical analysis?

I do not use indicators only the 20 ema, already said in one of my previous post. Can you see any on my chart?

This is not going to be easy. But doable if you work hard.

Below find one of my post to someone asking about scalping:

Yes, spend 8 hours a day ( your eyes will get sore) screen time on one instrument only and only one time frame (not bigger than 5m, 30 seconds is my favourite), do not trade, just watch the dance for about a month.

Make sure you have knowledge of basic TA (John Murphy will do).

Regarding Psychology Mark Douglass will help.

Then to go a step further I suggest Al brooks and Bob Volman.

Do not expect somebody to hand it to you, you need to do the dirty work.

Trading is an art form, is like making love, I can tell you what to do but if you do not immerse yourself in it, express yourself, bringing in it part of you, your passion, you will not have fun. No fun, no profits.

Last edited:
Ok second trade of the day, I am bit edgy today, I need to cut my coffee intake.
To be calm is important.

She broke major low and a "50" number, pulled back to the ema and formed an irregular M Pattern (1 and 2), in my view a bullish trap in down trend. Went short 1 pip below the middle of M. (3)

Made my 10 pips. 2%

She is making me sweat today.

Attachments

• 13:3-2.png
    13:3-2.png
    75.4 KB · Views: 755
Last edited:
Third trade and last one of the day.

Prices are in range for about 45 minutes (yellow lines). In that range can you see that the bulls are stronger than the bears? How do we know that? By the higher lows (at least 4).

Prices pokes twice above the top range line, so I draw another top range bar (white).

The ema is squeezing and slowly pushing the price out of the tops range bars and out of a round number (cyan line)

I this stage I am getting ready, as soon as prices print 1 pips above the top range bar, I am in at market.

7 pips. 2%

Attachments

• 13:3 -3.png
    13:3 -3.png
    77.1 KB · Views: 914
Addy

How much do you know about technical analysis?

I do not use indicators only the 20 ema, already said in one of my previous post. Can you see any on my chart?

This is not going to be easy. But doable if you work hard.

Below find one of my post to someone asking about scalping:

Yes, spend 8 hours a day ( your eyes will get sore) screen time on one instrument only and only one time frame (not bigger than 5m, 30 seconds is my favourite), do not trade, just watch the dance for about a month.

Make sure you have knowledge of basic TA (John Murphy will do).

Regarding Psychology Mark Douglass will help.

Then to go a step further I suggest Al brooks and Bob Volman.

Do not expect somebody to hand it to you, you need to do the dirty work.

Trading is an art form, is like making love, I can tell you what to do but if you do not immerse yourself in it, express yourself, bringing in it part of you, your passion, you will not have fun. No fun, no profits.

Hi Mike;

Thanks for your reply. I was at work when i wrote my message, so I didnt look at the chart, I apologize.

I am an Electronic Engineer from a Top UK university, so I am not stupid if that was your question. If you are trying to insult my intelligence, thats something different.

I am a Long term investor, but Now want to get to day trading, and willing to learn alot as you said. I dont pretend to be an Expert.

I have traded FX and commodities 4 years ago as well for a short period of time.So my TA needs working on.

Thank you very Much for your Suggestions, I am reading and analyzing as we speak. Trust me I know what hard work is. My work took me from Panama, to the Maldives before reaching the age of 27!! so Please keep your feet on the ground, we are here to help each other. Unless one of us is George Soros.

Thanks for your understanding,

Hi Mike;

Thanks for your reply. I was at work when i wrote my message, so I didnt look at the chart, I apologize.

I am an Electronic Engineer from a Top UK university, so I am not stupid if that was your question. If you are trying to insult my intelligence, thats something different.

I am a Long term investor, but Now want to get to day trading, and willing to learn alot as you said. I dont pretend to be an Expert.

I have traded FX and commodities 4 years ago as well for a short period of time.So my TA needs working on.

Thank you very Much for your Suggestions, I am reading and analyzing as we speak. Trust me I know what hard work is. My work took me from Panama, to the Maldives before reaching the age of 27!! so Please keep your feet on the ground, we are here to help each other. Unless one of us is George Soros.

Thanks for your understanding,

Addy

Please re-read my introduction post. (1)

This is a visual thread, please post you chart with comment and motifs if you like.

I am no interested in anything else, this thread is not about me or you.

But this time only, just to make it clear:
I did not want insult your intelligence, but you asked me which indicator I use, after I posted numerous charts. Also you ask me which TF I use, where is very clearly stated in my second post.

So please read carefully all my post and if you need some help I will try to help if I can as I did before.

I have mentioned the hard work because in my view is the only way out and has nothing to do with you.

Soros? Who is he?

Hi all

Is 10.30 am Tokio time. Time to get down to the nitty gritty.

What I am look for? I am looking for pulls back and breaks set ups.

Keep in mind that set ups do not give us the underlying strength of the market, they are only the last step to enter the market.

They are only taken if they are to the way of least resistance.

How to we determine the strength of the underlying market? By looking at the overall picture. High lows, lower lows, double bottoms, triple tops, the ema, the round numbers and all the basic TA.

Does this work all the time? No way, We will play our odds and how we will deal with our losses will make the difference.

But the chart will tell us, if we look at it in an objective way, and that is the hard bit in my view, because we tend to see what we want to see and not what is there.

Why? because we are humans. Can we do something about it? yes. In one of my today's following I will post an extract from a book.

Attachments

• 14:3.png
    14:3.png
    89 KB · Views: 721
Last edited:
Being stopped twice, this is my third trade.

The overall market is up, a range barrier is formed, market makes lower lows, she breaks in a strong fashion, I am not moving, only watching, she pull back to the bottom range, I am short 1 pip below the bounce candle at market.

Before my target was reached my Sl was moved 1 pips above the latest swing high.

Attachments

• 14:3-3.png
    14:3-3.png
    85.7 KB · Views: 712
Firth trade of the day.

Long range, spotted a build up, got in ( a bit late, 3rd time today), she pulled back to the 3050, then went..

Today, 3 losses two wins. I think that's it today for me.

Ok saw an opportunity and took my 6th trade of the day.

Did not take the PB at D for long, because I wanted a touch or maybe a poke of the ema, did not take the PB at C because the double top formation of A and B.

Then she formed lower highs (1, 2, 3), by 2 I already drawn my box, not sure yet in which direction was going, I was just observing.

She had a fail break which I did not take because I wanted to see more build up pressure with the ema pushing, squeezing the price out of the box, which she did exactly that after 3 in which the bulls of the fail break also got trapped .

End of the day 6 trade, all even, did not make money, not losses either, but gained in experience and I think that is important.

Attachments

• 14:3-6.png
    14:3-6.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 698
Last edited:
Ok, lets see if we can make some money today, better not to have too much expectation though.

Attachments

• 15:3.png
    15:3.png
    78.8 KB · Views: 939
A real battle going on here.

Which side I am going to take? none, until I see some pain and they need to react to their mistakes to protect themselves.

Attachments

• real battle.png
    real battle.png
    78.1 KB · Views: 990
(Also posted on another thread)

A smart scalper does not have to be in the market all the time, but only when he feels the pain (of others that needs to cover for their mistakes).

He might wait hours for an entry and then make consecutive entries in a matter of short time, he is not anxious to get in a position, he know that to stay aside is his best position, he is always active even without a position, he does not hold concepts and does not look at scalping as a way to get a thrill, he does not want to be right, he deal with is losses the same way he deal with his profits, he also works towards for an objective and relax state of mind, he know that his ego is around the corner trying to trick him, he is aware. A smart scalper is first of all a business man.