Price Action & Pivots ! the Way Forward!

STRTRADA

Established member
Hey guys,

Just wanted to tell some people about how price action combined with pivot points is the best form of trading that any technical trader will learn. I think every trader goes through a period where their chart is full to the brim of of indicators. I myself had about 8 indicators on one chart for a couple of months.

It took me so long to realise that PA an SR are the best way to trade.
Even though I read TD's Thread and J16's Thread on FF I still was a stubborn git and as an idiot I thought if I kept searching for indicators, constantly thinking that I would find the holy grail.
Several people were always constantly trying to tell me that indicators were the inferior to PA and Pivot Points.
(BTW thanks TD your thread has helped me more than I could ever had hoped)
It took me 8 months to realise how useless indicators are, most lag like a bitch and won't be accurate time after time. The psychology of traders and the market behavior at the moment may compliment the indicators at this point in time. Who knows how the market behavior will react to the same indicator in a years time. No-one knows.
The only thing that is a tried and tested method is that of PA and Pivot Points.
I have been trading them for 4 months Now and have been more successful than I could ever have hoped for with indicators(y)

The main thing I found was that the majority of indicators worked well in a trending movement. Now newcomers must realise this, anyone can make money when the market is trending whether you were using PA or Indicators. It took me a long time before I realised that INDICATORS PAINT THE PAST NOT THE FUTURE
I had to learn the Hard Way...I'm not afraid to admit I blew an account. This acted as a catalyst to make me improve my trading style. Believe me it's not luck, it's not Magic....IT'S PA and Pivot Points

And I BLEW MY ACCOUNT USING INDICATORS.

This is why I would like to dedicate this thread to SR and PA trades in the future.
I hope others will join me in posting trades to show Newbies the power of trading on a clean chart with Pivots.:cheesy:

Thanks,
STRTRADA

Last edited:
I agree that price action is the best way to go though you can use indicators also to trade effectively. I know as I do.

I use a short term strategy with indicators. Even though they show past data they can be useful in entries. Bullpips does just that on the M15.

Longer term positions though and I drop the indi's in favour of pure price action. In fact it's how I prefer to trade. Both can be used well though and often it's the trader at fault for losses, not the system or indicators...

Hey guys,

Just wanted to tell some people about how price action combined with pivot points is the best form of trading that any technical trader will learn. I think every trader goes through a period where their chart is full to the brim of of indicators. I myself had about 8 indicators on one chart for a couple of months.

Even though I read TD's Thread and J16's Thread on FF I still was a stubborn git and as an idiot I thought if I kept searching for indicators, constantly thinking that I would find the holy grail.
Several people were always constantly trying to tell me that indicators were the inferior to PA and Pivot Points.
It took me 8 months to realise how useless indicators are, most lag like a bitch and won't be accurate time after time. The psychology of traders and the market behavior at the moment may compliment the indicators at this point in time. Who knows how the market behavior will react to the same indicator in a years time. No-one knows.
The only thing that is a tried and tested method is that of PA and Pivot Points.
I have been trading them for 4 months Now and have been more successful than I could ever have hoped for with indicators(y)

The main thing I found was that the majority of indicators worked well in a trending movement. Now newcomers must realise this, anyone can make money when the market is trending whether you were using PA or Indicators. It took me a long time before I realised that INDICATORS PAINT THE PAST NOT THE FUTURE
I had to learn the Hard Way...I'm not afraid to admit I blew an account. This acted as a catalyst to make me improve my trading style. Believe me it's not luck, it's not Magic....IT'S PA and Pivot Points

This is why I would like to dedicate this thread to SR and PA trades in the future.
I hope others will join me in posting trades to show Newbies the power of trading on a clean chart with Pivots.:cheesy:

Thanks,
STRTRADA

Glad to hear it,its a hard learning curve thats for sure. Just curious that you pay so much importance to pivots. What pivots do you mean and how are they calculated,thanks

Hey guys,

Thanks,
STRTRADA

(y)

take your pick ......

Attachments

• pivot_audusd.gif
    pivot_audusd.gif
    35.8 KB · Views: 277
  • pivot_cable.gif
    pivot_cable.gif
    41.7 KB · Views: 293
  • pivot_gbpjpy.gif
    pivot_gbpjpy.gif
    40.3 KB · Views: 246
  • pivot_eurusd.gif
    pivot_eurusd.gif
    35.8 KB · Views: 264
  • pivot_nzdusd.gif
    pivot_nzdusd.gif
    38.3 KB · Views: 295
  • pivot_usdchf.gif
    pivot_usdchf.gif
    37 KB · Views: 254
  • pivot_usdjpy.gif
    pivot_usdjpy.gif
    39.3 KB · Views: 280
of course, it's not always plain sailing....

Attachments

• pivot_eurgbp_messy.gif
    pivot_eurgbp_messy.gif
    38.7 KB · Views: 332