precision entry system no exits

trendcatcher

hello everybody
i have spent 2 years developing a system on tradestation
i have just finished the entry part of the system and i have been forward testing it for the past month on tradestation
i will describe a little about the system.
it trades a certain reversal pattern,but only if the pattern is at a support or resistence level
and it also uses candle stick patterns.
it will see the pattern on a 60 min chart and then look at a 5 and 1 minute chart for a precision entry.
it trades all 7 majors
believe it or not,it has only 20 to 30 pip stops and a half stop that will drop the stop down to 10 pips when the price moves up 20 pips from entry.
so far i have only forward tested it a month and it has made about 20 trades on all 7 pairs
its lost about 5 trades,the losers have been from 10 to 30 pips.
the 15 winning trades have runup anywhere from 50 to 250 pips.
its already hit 5 profit targets of over 200 pips on the euro,pound ,chf and a few others.
i am still in the process of developing the exit strategy so it has no exits.
also it trades 1 lot per 25k
i do not recommend trading any lower than that,i developed the system to have very low drawdown.

i know its very early in the forward testing,but since its forward testing so good i thought i would start to see if any hedge fund managers or high net worth individuals that have good experiance with exit strategys would be interested in trying the system out.
i may be willing to send the entry system protected to them for a 1 month trial or
possibly even longer,then if you like the system we could work a deal out.
i have no NFA registration so i can not raise funds right now myself,thats why i am putting
feelers out to see who is interested that has registration.
anyone interested email me at [email protected] with your email and i will immediately get back to you.
thank you
trendcatcher (Dan)

dont think anyone is gona be intrested in a system with no exits! the entry is the easy bit...

hello everybody
i have spent 2 years developing a system on tradestation
i have just finished the entry part of the system and i have been forward testing it for the past month on tradestation
i will describe a little about the system.
it trades a certain reversal pattern,but only if the pattern is at a support or resistence level
and it also uses candle stick patterns.
it will see the pattern on a 60 min chart and then look at a 5 and 1 minute chart for a precision entry.
it trades all 7 majors
believe it or not,it has only 20 to 30 pip stops and a half stop that will drop the stop down to 10 pips when the price moves up 20 pips from entry.
so far i have only forward tested it a month and it has made about 20 trades on all 7 pairs
its lost about 5 trades,the losers have been from 10 to 30 pips.
the 15 winning trades have runup anywhere from 50 to 250 pips.
its already hit 5 profit targets of over 200 pips on the euro,pound ,chf and a few others.
i am still in the process of developing the exit strategy so it has no exits.
also it trades 1 lot per 25k
i do not recommend trading any lower than that,i developed the system to have very low drawdown.

i know its very early in the forward testing,but since its forward testing so good i thought i would start to see if any hedge fund managers or high net worth individuals that have good experiance with exit strategys would be interested in trying the system out.
i may be willing to send the entry system protected to them for a 1 month trial or
possibly even longer,then if you like the system we could work a deal out.
i have no NFA registration so i can not raise funds right now myself,thats why i am putting
feelers out to see who is interested that has registration.
anyone interested email me at [email protected] with your email and i will immediately get back to you.
thank you
trendcatcher (Dan)

How are you defining losing/winning trades if you have no exits? A profit Target is an exit so you do already have one. ;)

However I agree with Genics' comments..... IMO No-one is going to be interested unless you have a complete strategy which is actually being traded and you have results which can be verified. Just my view.....

Last edited: