Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
A real plan seperates the consistent winners from those that crack pins at levels, win a few, lose a few - maybe make a bit of profit but don't really get anywhere and hit their objectives.

so true

Last edited:
guess who me a "dummy" who can't wait but always just wants to rush in and then guess what my plan sets up bye then i have either blown my account or can't put up a big enough s l

yes i am a t****r

I really hated the way you wrote that. Was so annoying. I feel so angry.
I just want to shout at you for your bad sentences.
:rolleyes:

Another little tip I only found out yesterday lol

If your hourly levels are showing up on your daily TF it can get a little messy, so you can:

- Double click on the hourly levels
- Right click
- Choose "horizontal line properties"
- Go to the "visualisation" tab
- Uncheck the box that says "show on all timeframes"
- Then you can put a tick in the "h1" box

Hey presto, hourly levels only show up on the hourly TF. But you can still see your daily levels on the hourly too :)

I was re-reading some pages in this thread and found this post. I'll share a few tips, too:

- menu->tools->options->Objets tab: show properties after creation - check. This will bring up properties every time you draw a new level.

- select an object (line, arrow, etc). Hold Ctrl and drag it with the left mouse button. This will create a copy of the object with exactly the same properties, including the list of timerames where it shows up. Saves time.

Good trading.
Ilya

1hr Gbpusd

Very easy 1hr trend uptrend so far in cable with every pullback to a 1hr previous swing hi resulting in RBS (some of which had fib confluence.) for an entry on the 15min t/f and below.

2vj4xzt.gif

gbpusd

Cable currently finding resistance at the confluence of

a. Previous 1hr swing lo zone
b. Weekly R1 pivot
c. Underside of breeched 4hr ascending support trend line

Mni also touted offers in the 6440-50 region. 4hr pic is shown below. Uptrend is strong however and extends to weekly chart.

G/L

23sx3sy.gif

Last edited:
Cable current;y finding resistance at the confluence of

a. previous 1hr swing lo zone
b. Weekly r1 pivot
c. Underside of breeched 4hr ascending support trend line

Mni also touted offers in the 6440-50 region. 4hr pic is shown below. Uptrend is strong however and extends to weekly chart.

G/L

23sx3sy.gif

My news feed has a 'Market Talk' story - Is that it for GBP/USD?

I guess it's time to go long cable.......

gbpusd

My news feed has a 'Market Talk' story - Is that it for GBP/USD?

I guess it's time to go long cable.......

I'm guessing this is the real target for the bulls, as shown on mthly chart, 7015-7330 area, later figure being 50% fib of the major 2.1162-1.3505 drop

2wgawz6.gif

lucky escape

*&%@*!!!!

I accidently put on a corn position 10 times bigger than intended. I am a plonker.

I was wondering why my margin requirements were so drastic. :LOL:

Now rectified.

*&%@*!!!!

I accidently put on a corn position 10 times bigger than intended. I am a plonker.

Now rectified.

You legend!!

I did that in the S&P. It's a real shock isn't it lol

Good job on the Corn. That looks like its going to go parabolic.

Wheat looks pretty good too. Daily IB, although it had much more of a pullback than Corn which just went sideways after breaking that huge level to the upside.

Soybeans is just relentless - refusing to pull back at all.

Good monthly target on that GBP/USD, bbmac. I'm going to look to short there. Not sure if that will be a turning point back into the down trend but its almost guaranteed to have a nice reaction off that area.

I've just cracked Silver long off the daily IB. But this time, I've put a position on 10 x smaller than usual hehe. I don't trade the dailies too often but its PA at a good level and has fib confluence. Can't post a chart right now as I am into the last three episodes of Prison Break but you can see it easily enough on FXPro.

Still long the S&P. Added some more at 949 as indicated in last nights post regarding it.

Looking for 958 (revised from 957. No way its going to perfectly double top there - it would have to fake it out) and then 962.

Would like to hold some for 1000 but that bag of sh*t has got more chop than Bruce Lee so I'll take my profits and run on this one :)

Last edited:
Long corn for CORNY traders

Went Long on the corn ETF today with my IG Index SB acct with real money, but only a small position (£2/p) 'coz I still have my "L" plates. Where have the CORNY traders got their stops? I have mine at 170.0 for the Corn ETC. Wondering if this is too close?

Regards, Chris

*&%@*!!!!

Now rectified.

Went Long on the corn ETF today with my IG Index SB acct with real money, but only a small position (£2/p) 'coz I still have my "L" plates. Where have the CORNY traders got their stops? I have mine at 170.0 for the Corn ETC. Wondering if this is too close?

Regards, Chris

Not sure about the ETF. Why did you crack that?

You would want your stop below 434 1/2 in Corn if you are trading it off the daily IB setup.

CORN trading

Hi Tom, I bought the Corn ETC because corn is not listed in the commodities section on my IG Index SB acct. Under "Soft Commodities" it has cocoa, coffee, livestock, other, sugar and wheat, but no corn. I have just had a look at US Corn in my GFT SB acct. The price action looks slightly different to the corn ETC that I bought. I guess the equivalent stop for my position on the US Corn graph would be just under the very last swing low at 432.25 minus 2 pips. The US Corn graph looks like it is in a symmetrical triangle on the 4hr chart, whereas the Corn ETC is in a flat-top ascending triangle. You would be looking for a break above about 449 or so and for the Corn ETC I am hoping for a break above 177.0.

Best of luck with this one.

Regards, Chris

Not sure about the ETF. Why did you crack that?

You would want your stop below 434 1/2 in Corn if you are trading it off the daily IB setup.

I have mine at 170.0 for the Corn ETC.

Sounds sensible to me. You are looking for a continuation of the uptrend and you are wrong if previous resistance does not hold as support.

I am in Corn Fut Jul 09 using VDM spread bet with a stop at 430.

I have also emailed IG Index asking them why they don't have standard commodities available such as wheat, corn, oats etc. and why their Bund/Bobl charts are so bad. If I get a good response I will post it here.

Not sure what to make of this

usdjpy

Attachments

• Spot FX USD_JPY (10-JUN-09)4hr.png
    Spot FX USD_JPY (10-JUN-09)4hr.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 175
  • Spot FX USD_JPY (10-JUN-09)1hr.png
    Spot FX USD_JPY (10-JUN-09)1hr.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 184
And still is... nice short opportunity there today, but I missed it while having dinner.
All these premarket and overnight moves lately ... :-/

yes yes the frustration of the premarket entries!
where is your next buy zone for a test of 9000?

Status
Not open for further replies.