Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I`m got at short near the highs.. My stop is just 4 pips + spread.. Just took because is a strong level..

However 4hr looks bullish and is may be setting a break out..

If it bounces I`ll be shorting at the very top.. If not I lose 4 pips..

gbpusd

0711 GMT [Dow Jones] GBP/USD's softer close Thursday reinforces the previous day's uptrend reversal signal says Commerzbank analyst Steven Merrigan. A major high is now in place at 1.6660 and he looks for a sell-off toward 1.5950 which is the barrier to a deeper 1.5515 decline says Merrigan. Now trades at 1.6060 and any rallies are likely to be capped by 1.6245. (GST)

gbpusd

Only the Weekly and Monthly macd signal lines still pointing up now as cable takes another leg down, finding support at 6017 area just above of a former minor 1hr swing hi zone and bids touted by mni at 6000-6015, now finding res (sbr) at the previous 1hr swing lo zone shown on 1hr chart below.

G/L

2dmjya.gif

Last edited:
does anyone know how come usd pairs are very not in sync. cable falling so much but the rest is not really doing much and some rising a bit, except for cad also falling very slight.
i know this sometimes happen especially on shorter time frames but to this extent, it seems quite rare.
feels damn weird, like something big.

does anyone know how come usd pairs are very not in sync. cable falling so much but the rest is not really doing much and some rising a bit, except for cad also falling very slight.
i know this sometimes happen especially on shorter time frames but to this extent, it seems quite rare.
feels damn weird, like something big.

political situation in Uk worsened last night, affecting the rate??

0736 GMT [Dow Jones] After GBP/USD dropped 3 cents at one point Thursday, anyone trading sterling needs to keep a sharp eye on the newswires Friday. Overnight Prime Minster Brown lost another cabinet minister and his Labour party is taking a drubbing in local elections. He's currently putting the final touches to a cabinet reshuffle and fate of chancellor Darling is upmost in market's mind. As for sterling it's gone from hero to villain in just 3 days with GBP/USD peaking at a 7-month high of 1.6664 Wednesday and now just above 1.60. EUR/GBP printed a 5-month high of 0.8576 Wednesday, now trades at 0.8856. (GST)

gbpusd

0747 GMT [Dow Jones] UK political woes have given the market a further excuse to book profits in GBP/USD says UniCredit. However so far this sell-off has not been enough to trigger a trend reversal below 1.60-1.59 and the bank says while this scenario holds, a retest of 1.65 is looked for. GBP/USD now at 1.6050 from the day's one-week low of 1.6018. (GST)

in this kind of situation, how do you really tell if its cable leading the others or that cable will soon recover to level with the other currencies. Who leads, who follows?

in this kind of situation, how do you really tell if its cable leading the others or that cable will soon recover to level with the other currencies. Who leads, who follows?

You don't, but if the other correllated pairings haven't followed the £ move it's fair to assume it's a uk thing at the moment, - that big move down y/day on the Brown rumour then the overnight leg down on Purnell's resignation/further unsettled political situation is £ specific. More likley that if specific to one pairing that pairing will return to historical correlation over time unless the fundamental environment continues to weigh specific and peculiar to that pairing. Actually imo it's not important, just trade what you see, not what you think should be happening.

CABLE: Picking up suggestions that the $1.6000 level holds barrier
interest. Corporate demand the only names mentioned providing support
ahead of this level so far today. Stops are noted on a break below the
figure.

G/L

Aero,

Are you trading Footsie today?

Strong resistance at 4565.. Price is trying to break it now..

NFP for what it's worth

This a forecast of Eurusd made by an outfit posting over at fxstreet forum. ADP forecast on Weds was for another negative number north of -500k. (btw ADP is an aconym for Another Distastrous Projection!)

Wayne McDonnel hosting his ubiquitous Mthly NFP Plebinar, I'm sorry I meant to say Webinar (!) over at Fxstreet later. To be fair in amongst his whooping and wailing there is some good messages about trading, and at the very least it's entertaining (well for 20mins anyway, lol)

For me, I'll trade what I see [or not] not what some-one else thinks.
--------------------------------------------
By Gary Stride
Of DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

LONDON (Dow Jones)--The dollar is mixed in light trade Friday with most players keeping to the sidelines ahead of the U.S. non-farm payrolls report at 1230 GMT.
However one place where the dollar is moving sharply higher, and for a second consecutive day, is against the pound.
After sterling's meteoric 15% rise against the dollar in just over a month, it is falling back to earth with a severe bump as U.K. Prime Minister Brown comes under increasing pressure to resign.
Overnight Works and Pensions Minister James Purnell resigned his post and called for the prime minister to do the same.
The pound dropped some 2% Thursday on false rumors of Brown resigning and shed another 1% in overnight trade.
Europe opened to news that the U.K. cabinet would be reshuffled with an announcement due sometime Friday, but it is already known that U.K. Chancellor of the Exchequer Alistair Darling will retain his post.
However the news gave sterling no fillip and it currently languishes at a one-week low against the dollar just above $1.60.
Elsewhere, the euro is clinging to the $1.42 mark, which is slightly above where it traded Thursday when European Central Bank President Jean Claude Trichet said it was very important that the U.S. authorities say a strong dollar is in their interests.
Aside from unfolding developments in U.K. politics, the markets' main focus is on the U.S. non-farm payrolls report for May.
Analysts are looking for around 520,000 job losses, slightly lower that April's 539,000 print, but Commerzbank is going for a more upbeat 500,000 decline.
The bank said the dollar has recently tended to trend down when risk appetite is on the rise and this should be the case on a better-than-expected payrolls print.
However, the connection between good U.S. data and a rise in euro/dollar seems to be slowly petering out, the bank said, and while a print of 500,000 job losses is far from rosy it would be a notable improvement on January's 741,000 reading, and it may well be that the dollar does not come under pressure this time.
At 0850 GMT, the euro was at $1.4185, unchanged from late New York levels Thursday according to EBS. The dollar is trading down at Y96.67 from Y96.95 late Thursday in New York while the pound is sharply lower at $1.6035 from $1.6160 late Thursday.

-By Gary Stride, Dow Jones Newswires; 44 20 7842 9481; [email protected]

(END) Dow Jones Newswires
June 05, 2009 05:24 ET (09:24 GMT)
-----------------------------------------------
G/L

Attachments

• d.gif
    d.gif
    21.1 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
What time BST is NFP announced?

Aaron - I'm disappointed in you - you have asked this question before. If you are serious about your trading you really must take a keen interest in keeping abreast of anything that could alter your positions and the time of the releases. Most people check this at the start of the trading day as part of their planning. I hate NFP as the MMs are out to screw you; most of the spreads widen, crap fills etc.

It's not worth the hassle - best news trades come from the bounce off SR after the event - wait for the dust to settle and see where PA has been driven too and then make a decision. Look at usdcad yesterday after the news. PA driven to SR then dropped right off - another rinse job by the market to strip money from the weak hands.

Forex Calendar @ Forex Factory

Status
Not open for further replies.