Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
This area of resistance currently being tested again in cable, may prove to be a good potential RBS zone on any retest pullback from the topside, should price break above it.

xohd0y.gif

I have been long cable since the end of last month, currently +350 pips, entered @ 1.4837 and have already taken some of my position off the table. I have a potential upside target of 1.6700

working out well so far, keeping my fingers crossed but more importantly my eyes open for the top.

good luck to all the fluctuation surfers. this is slowly grinding its way up.

Attachments

• gbp d.gif
    gbp d.gif
    22.4 KB · Views: 163
not a trade I would usually take, but it is tempting.

potentially low hanging fruit for a quick turn around

Attachments

• aud.gif
    aud.gif
    25.2 KB · Views: 203
Gbpusd

The coloured zones on the 1hr chart below show the near term most obvious imbalances of supply/demand and demand/supply, and the colours represent an objective assessment of their potential to provide resistance/rbs or support/sbr if tested again in the near future. There are also a couple of fibs from the major recent swings on this 1hr chart and a couple of trend lines.

These are the zones at which I will be looking for set-ups on the lower time frames as London starts trading on Monday but I will ammend the chart if any significant moves are made in the asian/overnight session running into the London open. I am also interested when these zones are co-existant with a zone /fib/trend line on the 4hr chart.

The pairing finished the week having bounced off the 61.8% fib of the 5055-5286 rise , the fib falling in an obvious zone where previously demand was greater than supply. 1hr closed in a minor uptrend with 4hr and Daily still in an uptrend but showing signs/patterns of weakness.

Whatever your instument (s) and trading edge(s,) G/L to all for forthcoming week.

2qsphfa.gif

Last edited:
Look out! - FTSE 1hr Pin to get back short with the daily pin from last week - just for those on the 1hr - I'm short on the daily, but should offer another entry short.

PS - Not quite my last post I know; but thought it may be too good to miss.
Back to lurking on the dailies!!

Yes, that's an interesting one. The hourly chart, though, gives the important part of that pin as an entry 50 points up, wouldn't you say? It, also, pierces my Bollinger band as overbought.

Notice, also, a buy pin on the 14th cutting the SR line supporting the price now.

Attachments

• 090515FTHourly.JPG
    090515FTHourly.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 176
Gbp/usd

Weakly chart shows a weakness with a high wave candle from last week. The candle is showing a indecision between bulls and bears and probably a retracement is coming before the move continue up.

If the down move confirms:

Plan 1
(medium) Buy at 1.5030 - 1.5040
Daily Pivot Level
Lower Lower
Possible pull back to 1.52 to confirm a Lower High and the move down.

Plan 2
(heavy) Sell at 1.52 or any good short entry near this level.
Target at 1.4950

Plan 3
(heavy) Buy at 1.4950
Fib
Trend Line
Daily Pivot
Possible resume of the move down and a new wave to take the highs of 1.5350 off.

Plan 3 (b)
Price must break the possible resistance at 1.5050 to confirme the plan 3. IF NOT sell short at 1.5050. Target 1.48.

If 1.4950 does not hold:

Plan 4
Buy at 1.48 - 1.4750
Weakly and Daily Pivot
Fib
Round Number

Attachments

• cable 180509.jpg
    cable 180509.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 164
EUR USD Short

Hi everyone! Anyone else short EUR USD? I opened near the top of the right shoulder of the large H& S formation. Any ideas where this might turn around (I'm thinking either 1.3433 (current bounce) or 1.3363? Wondering if it could turn into a short on the daily if I am in luck.

Regards, Chris

short order was entered then the trade lost 50 points as the stop was above the pin. could have had tighter stop I guess. as I said on demo, 5 points doesn't make any difference, just pointing out that not all are winners !

I hope this is a joke.

(And why not 4 points?)

took this on demo, broke by 3 points then reversed ! think I will place orders 5 points below from now on.

While it was a good looking pin at a significant level, there was an incredible amount of momentum into the level. Someone on this thread once branded an analogy on this kind of behaviour, as trying to do a u-turn on a motorway. I have found in the past, that when there is that much momentum into an SR level it is best to stand out of the way.

Hi everyone! Anyone else short EUR USD? I opened near the top of the right shoulder of the large H& S formation. Any ideas where this might turn around (I'm thinking either 1.3433 (current bounce) or 1.3363? Wondering if it could turn into a short on the daily if I am in luck.

Regards, Chris

So how did you get on with this?

I wasn't watching this earlier, but later thought this was going to turn after the doji at about 1.3471. I didn't get in, and it didn't turn.

2nd pin (after doji) may now be forming around 1.3496 (1HR). Didn't look like a pin earlier :) May not look like one later ...

Edit: p.s. I have a level drawn at 1.3526, previous support. This has not been tested yet, but it's not far from 38 Fib from swing high on the 14th, which has been, which was also a support on 15th.

Last edited:
OK, I'm fairly new to trading, and I think I've made a rookie mistake. I shorted 200 shares of ADY at $25.25 after it gapped up from $18.50 to $24 and change the other day. I expected people to sell off since 24-ish is close to the all time high historical resistance level. They didn't! So, I bought 100 long at 27.26 as upside protection as it began to race up later that morning, but when I tried to sell the long position at $28-ish, my platform informed me that I had to exit the short position first. I soon learned the hard way what a box position was. My (obvious) question is, now that it is at 30 and change, what do I do?!?! :) I humbly seek superior (non-noob) wisdom! Thanks in advance for for any help you can offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.