Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before you get all snarky with people here perhaps you would like to point me in the direction of one of your useful contributions to this thread. Post # is fine.

Okay .... This post right now.

4-hourly pin-bar on the FTSE100 - Read it and weep it.

As you can see noobs... Once again i made **** loads of money, hopefully this helps.

pin bar.jpg

USDJPY 2 consecutive 1hr Inside bars both of less than 20 pips. Would probably look to play a break lower as this has been the general trend of the trading session

I prefer to see some decent momentum on a break of an IB so i've moved my stop to Breakeven on this as it's not really motoring down so IMO is looking more likely to reverse.

Will i now get stopped out before the gap down to 9700...probably

will i be bothered...no, there'll be other trades so i'll save my money for the ones that go as i expect.

I know this isn't what Tom/TD advocates BUT it's what i do. You can say what about R:R etc etc? but in my opinion if after falling 10-20 pips or so this then pull back above my entry then it's probably not going to go down but go return to the channel so i'd rather have a small return than a negative one.

Last edited:
The reason the charts are helpful is that in the event you missed the trade, next time a similar set up occurs you may notice it and trade it.

I don't see why you think people should put money in your pocket or mine.

and sods law states that it will ping straight back down to you SL.....:LOL:

USDJPY 2 consecutive 1hr Inside bars both of less than 20 pips. Would probably look to play a break lower as this has been the general trend of the trading session

Hi Foredog,

GBPCHF and EURGBP might interest you - both at good levels.

Cheers

KJ

Update - no longer IB's!!

Last edited:
Hi Foredog,

GBPCHF and EURGBP might interest you - both at good levels.

Cheers

KJ

Will take a look, cheers

As predicted USDJPY popped up triggered my stop and then trickled down again. Sh/t happens.

The best IB's though will have a proper thrust away from entry so when this didn't in my mind it wasn't an A grade trade so the best i could do was try and manage it to take as little loss as possible.

40 pips profit so far for any of you who have a higher loss tolerance threshold than me!!!

Last edited:
There is a weekly rejection bar on gbpchf.
Basically..... from my posts you can see i am getting short the pound..... so tread carefully - dont double up. Or you know what happens....... caught avec pantalons down.

Usdcad

Currently looking at the blue shaded area as a possible reversal point and contiuation of the downtrend

090511 - h1.gif

Yo.

I've been short since we hit 77 :cool:

77 being smack bang on a descending resistance line from way back in 1986.

Maybe we'll retest although if we do not close above 77 this week I think we will retest some decent lows...same goes for a few other currencies.

R

No Pins but Im long again AUDUSD off the 76 level.
Of course once I post it it will crash and stop me out but heyho.

Last edited:
Usd/chf... hourly candle looks good for a short of a few hundred pips over a day or two. Slightly inside bar/double top closed at minor support in prev hour.

Looks like this shorting is coming to an end though. Dollar is only up against chf so the rich folks must be bailing.

Slightly longer term I reckon a long to resistance and channel between where we're at and 112ish based on major supp and prev PA

Bit of a sh*t setup to be honest but I set myself the task of making a trade on this pair. Think I'll demo this though...

Attachments

• usdchf.jpg
    usdchf.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 144
13mins for confirmation but i like the US tech rejection of 1375
Or for more safety - take less size and short the break of the daily IB's.
Or.......... do nothing.

Edit. So scratch that setup - market said, "i need a better price to short from"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.