Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Tom,
what do you make of the bund at the level it is now? 4 and 5 pm candles have the same lows. do you think it's worth a long? I know you're very bearish on them.

Cheers,

Chris

From a risk : reward perspective it would be an incredible trade. We are right at the bottom of a massive daily range.

But I reckon it has almost zero chance of working.

I think those Bunds are going down hard on Monday.

Still, don't take my word for it. Lately, I'm getting it wrong more than I'm right.

Just holding my winners much longer than I am my losers :)

From a risk : reward perspective it would be an incredible trade. We are right at the bottom of a massive daily range.

Still, don't take my word for it. Lately, I'm getting it wrong more than I'm right.

Been keeping a close eye on this PA over the past few hours (since the Doji)... while O do think there could be a good long trigger here, I'm certainly not gonna take it after 4 on a friday night. Volumes and Liquidity are a bit of a shocker ATM, I'm gonna wait until Monday.

[I am watching the spoos though, if we fail at this resistance and break through the TL support of the wedge (or is it Joules? ;)) then I think that will signify a paradigm change in appetite for risk, queue safe haven bid]

Vix has fallen well below 38 which had been acting as a support on daily. That means equities "should" retest January mean which is 8470 on YM or 8500 on INDU cash. However, looking from the forex perspective, cable looks like it needs a breather. So, the downside for indices could be just temporary and equities may be looking alot higher in coming weeks. Let's see if I can buy the dips... ( of course I could be completely wrong but just saying what I see )

This was my "lucky" call for the decline on 11th Feb (in my thread)
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/40236-top-down-approach-indu-stocks-5.html#post657436

Attachments

• 090417 vix daily.jpg
    090417 vix daily.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
TAYLOR WIMPEY
I love these kinds of setups.. worth a go

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    79.3 KB · Views: 177
gbpusd 1hr

This week's high in cable (5066) was at the 23.6% of the 0157-3505 major swing down.

Interesting position on the close, the pairing currently in a consolidation between 2 trend lines as previous resistance became support at friday's low area (4751) the recovery halted by previous support becoming resistance.

25ew807.gif

Good luck to all for forthcoming week.

Do you guys trade Asian? Take a look at Hong Kong...

200 pips risk, What is nothing at this indice.. With a target of 850 pips minimum..

And a double top at Dax:?: -- Just 20 pips risk..

Attachments

• Hong Kong Daily.jpg
    Hong Kong Daily.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 197
  • Hong Kong 4h.jpg
    Hong Kong 4h.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 175
  • Dax Daily.jpg
    Dax Daily.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
We are getting in certain key areas in almost everything (indices), it is going to be a really nice week!

I`m shorting Hong Kong, Dax and waiting a confirmation to short dow as well.. Minimum risk in all of then and a really good potential reward...

Yeah, I think I'll sit aside on Monday and look for a sell signal. Pulled up the weekly chart today, and we're at a key level at the moment. This level has now been tested from above 7 times since November!!!

Bonds across the board are way over priced with ridiculously low yields. Once all the quantitative easing starts increasing money supply, I believe we will be facing some significant inflation, forcing the yields of bonds up and prices down, WAY down.

Attachments

• BundWeekly.gif
    BundWeekly.gif
    53.3 KB · Views: 189
Soya Beans - Daily

I'm looking at this one at the moment but am slightly lacking in conviction to trade it as the pin hasn't made it to the pivot. Not sure if I'm just being too cautious but it just doesn't look perfect enough....

Anyone have a view on it?

Soy A.jpg

Soy B.jpg

Last edited:
I'm looking at this one at the moment but am slightly lacking in conviction to trade it as the pin hasn't made it to the pivot. Not sure if I'm just being too cautious but it just doesn't look perfect enough....

View attachment 54532

View attachment 54534

Hi Kitejedi,

I'm looking at your chart and wondering why you put the fib where you did. I think I would have pulled it from the July high, it seems like the obvious place (to me at least). I've attached the same chart with the fib pulled from July high and there is confluence with previous support at 1100ish. I'd wait until it gets there before looking for price action. Remember the more obvious it is the more people are watching it!

Cheers

Rob

Attachments

• soy.gif
    soy.gif
    18.7 KB · Views: 180
It looks pretty good to me. I would view at as close enough, and a nice looking pin, with a nice build up. Maybe watch the action on Monday.

Hi Kitejedi,

I'm looking at your chart and wondering why you put the fib where you did. I think I would have pulled it from the July high, it seems like the obvious place (to me at least). I've attached the same chart with the fib pulled from July high and there is confluence with previous support at 1100ish. I'd wait until it gets there before looking for price action. Remember the more obvious it is the more people are watching it!

Cheers

Rob

Thank you all for your feedback. Rob, I can see what you mean about the fib and I had drawn that one originally but it didn't look to have much relevance to the highs / lows so I discounted it in favour of the more recent fib. We seem to have slightly different pricing though as the dip in price in September on your chart is a lot lower than the one on my chart and certainly gives your fib way more credibility than the one I had drawn. :confused:

Thank you all for your feedback. Rob, I can see what you mean about the fib and I had drawn that one originally but it didn't look to have much relevance to the highs / lows so I discounted it in favour of the more recent fib. We seem to have slightly different pricing though as the dip in price in September on your chart is a lot lower than the one on my chart and certainly gives your fib way more credibility than the one I had drawn. :confused:

What broker do you use to trade Soya beans? Thanks :)

What broker do you use to trade Soya beans? Thanks :)

I'm using Prorealtime more and more for EOD charting as it allows me to scan through markets quicker. For trading Soya Beans I'd be using Interactive Investor although I'm not 100% on the set-up so won't be trading it. Am going to short Qantas instead :)

View attachment 54532

View attachment 54534

shorting soyabeans is a dangerous play .. althou it depends how long you wanna hold and what sort of risk.. but i amlooking to long on pulbacks because it has broken amajor trendline and a triangular consolidation on upside.. Also USDA has forecasted low soya inventories .. china last month bought half of the usda soya stocks surprising markets and the rest of the world is left still buying ..not to mention poor crop in argentina.. so be carefull what you get into .. i am playing for position trading when it comes to my price

Attachments

• soya.gif
    soya.gif
    27.2 KB · Views: 166
Status
Not open for further replies.