Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
We called short on the USDCAD on the 13th (not unlucky) at 1.2725...Target 1 met 18th and target 2 is pending but only 25 pips away...profit so far of 300 pips...
My guys are happy with the USD pair!

Today we are short intraday on the AUDUSD.

Pierre

Ftse...

Watching this level...

Attachments

• ftse_1.gif
    ftse_1.gif
    22.4 KB · Views: 149
  • ftse_2.gif
    ftse_2.gif
    23.5 KB · Views: 159
  • ftse_3.gif
    ftse_3.gif
    18.8 KB · Views: 142
Heads up for usdnok.
Breakout or fakeout......... worth watching.

I just gave you your star!!

Just as an aside, I've said it before, I think a lot of people make the mistake of trading one market and not the "hot market". The easiest money is to be made in the "hot market".

Right now, that means, to me, to put everything to one side and concentrate on the US 10 Year and possibly the Bund.

Setups in these markets are going to make people a lot of money if they get them right...

Omni's succinct 'head's up' posts are ace - short and in the spirit of the thread - potential set-ups - yet no spoon feeding telling you what to do. Just a good indication of action.
Cheers fella! (y)

How much slippage exactly? - I was short AUD, had a 40 point stop, was stopped out at 110. 70 point slippage! Any suggestions as to what I can do about this?

I was slipped 16 points by IG Index, but it was a risk I was prepared to take given the potential gain had the FOMC outcome been different. Whoever your broker is I'd give them a call because that seems a bit excessive, although by not guaranteeing stops, brokers can sort of do what they want up to a point.

I too was short GBPUSD, not on TD's recommendation but on my own system, from about 4 hours before the FOMC business... I had my stop at b/e but took a small loss (<0.5% of account) courtesy of slippage.

If nothing else the subsequent USD collapse is a lesson in risk management. Trade the signals but know when to get out. I imagine a lot of people lost a lot of money on that move.

Good point dude. I was short and added more as it tried to break to the downside but when it didn't go the first time I decided to come out...you have to know why you got in and this will tell you where you should come out because you will know when you are wrong.

For me, I sold a strong level and was playing for a reaction...the lower TFs showed a break of support but after doing so, the market rapidly reversed. Therefore, when the market rejected my read, I came out.

But there is a big difference between this and say entering on a 1hr pin and sh*tting yourself when it doesn't go immediately and then bailing out from fear.

I was slipped 16 points by IG Index, but it was a risk I was prepared to take given the potential gain had the FOMC outcome been different. Whoever your broker is I'd give them a call because that seems a bit excessive, although by not guaranteeing stops, brokers can sort of do what they want up to a point.

It was IG. I'm not happy with them right now, not getting filled when price moves in my favour, and 70 point slippage on a stop in the same day.

I'm long dollars right now. Any opinions?

I think we might see gold higher and dollar weakness for the next week. Then another cycle high of the dollar in the third week of April.

Gold should run up to 1000, back down and then reach even higher highs after until April 24th.

I'll put my crystal ball away now :)

Are you using guaranteed stops?

I do...even with the added spread. Yesterday I got caught with gold going the wrong way and could have lost a 5 figure sum...luckily only only lost a low 4 figure sum in the end!

In my opinion the 'stop' idea is a sham because it gives people the perception they are actually dealing with the real trading floor of an exchange but in reality it is to make people either pay a lot for their mistakes OR to delay in getting a fill....but I am a big cynic...so....overall IG is pretty good but you have to be low risk to yourself AND pretty sharp...I am neither :)

It was IG. I'm not happy with them right now, not getting filled when price moves in my favour, and 70 point slippage on a stop in the same day.

I'm long dollars right now. Any opinions?

Are you using guaranteed stops?

I do...even with the added spread. Yesterday I got caught with gold going the wrong way and could have lost a 5 figure sum...luckily only only lost a low 4 figure sum in the end!

In my opinion the 'stop' idea is a sham because it gives people the perception they are actually dealing with the real trading floor of an exchange but in reality it is to make people either pay a lot for their mistakes OR to delay in getting a fill....but I am a big cynic...so....overall IG is pretty good but you have to be low risk to yourself AND pretty sharp...I am neither :)

No, ordinary stops. This is the first time I have had slippage, just wasn't expecting it to be so large. May well start using them now.

Hi there,
We've got another 1 hour and 15 mins before this bar closes but I'm keeping an eye on this. 4H pin bouncing off the recent up trend line, and 3800. Also a 23.6% retrace from yesterday's highs / lows I think.
Rob

FTSE 090319.jpg

Q for TD

Short Cable at 1.3996 ... ... ...

On the lower TFs it was a short and I made money off it...only 12 pips though...when I realised it wasn't going to go I came out.

Sorry to pester you, Mr Piccin, but what was your stop for this trade? And at what point did you realise it wasn't going? I've probably missed something, but I can't see we've reached 12 points lower than your entry?

V. Confused, S

???

Sorry to pester you, Mr Piccin, but what was your stop for this trade? And at what point did you realise it wasn't going? I've probably missed something, but I can't see we've reached 12 points lower than your entry?

V. Confused, S

???

The area I advised to sell in is the one marked by the arrow in Chart 1. My stop was 8 pips when I took the first position.

If you look at chart 2 I sold both areas marked by the arrow. I realised it wasn't going at the circled area and covered.

Attachments

• gbp1.gif
    gbp1.gif
    19.4 KB · Views: 201
  • gbp2.gif
    gbp2.gif
    18.4 KB · Views: 198

V. Confused, S

???

Hey Squirrel, don't think you were insinuating anything - I genuinely did make money on that trade. ;)

I'm not sure how many people believe me...FW came on earlier and showed how Cable was a bad call...and I took it but still made money...if you crack the market in the right spot, you will go onside, even if your read is wrong because the other market participants do the same thing and will bail you out...anyway it might be easy for some people to think I am chatting sh*t to save face...that's not the case at all. I got in at 140.02, sold more at 139.86 and 139.81 and covered at 81, 78 and 72.

So, I actually made 35 pips on that trade, not 12 lol

Attachments

• St.jpg
    St.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 196
Hi there,
We've got another 1 hour and 15 mins before this bar closes but I'm keeping an eye on this. 4H pin bouncing off the recent up trend line, and 3800. Also a 23.6% retrace from yesterday's highs / lows I think.
Rob

View attachment 51602

Shame I hadn't been around at 10am to see this on a 2H chart as it's playing out quite nicely at the moment. Up 30 points from the top of the pin. Anyway here's another one I'm looking at as a possbile zone for reversal - i.e. confluence of fib, trend line and S/R. Any advice on whether this looks interesting or not would be gratefully appreciated. I understand there's no set-up yet but I'm looking to see how price reacts to this area.
Rob

GBPUSD 090319.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.