Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Barry

That hourly pin looked good so a bit of bad luck there, especially since its going back up now. That did look like a very good level.

All I can say is be careful about taking hourly pins against the trend. These markets are crazy at the moment and rather look to the higher TF's for direction.

Hi Ljr,

Yeah it was a bit of bad luck, but i suppose if the market wants to go somewhere it doesn't matter how good the level is, it will go where it wants to go.

There's some serious battling going on. 4th bar now, still up and down! I'm holding stop at 7600 anyway. we'l see how it goes!

Are you adding to this? I've no experience of doing that, but I guess the break of the 4 hour inside bar may have been a good place?

Are you adding to this? I've no experience of doing that, but I guess the break of the 4 hour inside bar may have been a good place?

I was considering it but decided to just leave it alone. i would have added on the IB breakout, but with a 75 pip SL i was inclined to just let it as is. Its retracing now again.
By the way i'm novice so dont let anything i say upset your plan!
Shane

Hi guys,
I have been away for a week.
Eurgbp has entered new down trend.
I am looking for shorting opportunities.
That's all I see.

Hope everyone well.

Hi guys,
I have been away for a week.
Eurgbp has entered new down trend.
I am looking for shorting opportunities.
That's all I see.

Hope everyone well.

Welcome back....to HELL!!!!:LOL:

anyone long GBP/AUD - quite a run that's had today

Hi Ljr, the description of your usdcad trade sounds exactly like what I would have done. Even though I know I have to close trades at some point, I can usually find a good reason to say 'ah, Ill just let that run a bit more' !
By the way I had a short eurgbp as well, that got stopped out at b/e but mine was off the hourly chart.

Morning Eltrot. Are you still in this?having gone to plus 833pips we're now back to plus 530 pips(depending on where you entered of course. price has retraed to 50% of yesterdays bar but at the moment the is a weak pin that looks like price will go down again from here so i'm sticking in it. Dam interest rate cut in Aus!

Shane

I got stopped out of that yesterday for +500 pips. I was up around 670 at one point and i think I should have closed at that when price hit a S/R line I had on my chart 0.7000ish, but I got greedy and though it could go further. Anyway, its still my most profitable trade to date! :D

I'm in AUDJPY today, entered of an hourly pin this morning and hoping to see 70.70.

nice big 1hr cable pin at pivot area.

If the pin fails consider a stop and reverse - there have been 4 attempts to break through the resistance, so a move up should be a strong one.

the 1hr usdjpy pin seems to be the hitting 50% Fib. I am keeping a close eye on it.

Hey Rags,

that was on a pivot zone also on the one hour. Took off nicely, with daily trend so i'm aiming for 96, need to get through 98.5 first though!

Shane

:LOL: Don't you just love surprise rate cuts! That changes everything.

I hope you exited at breakeven. I am now long riding the momentum.

:LOL: Don't you just love surprise rate cuts! That changes everything.

I hope you exited at breakeven. I am now long riding the momentum.

Ya i got out for plus 1 pip!

I see it has reversed again from the top!! Did you exit long in profit?
I'm flat other than the short i still have in AudUsd.

Shane

Ya i got out for plus 1 pip!

I see it has reversed again from the top!! Did you exit long in profit?
I'm flat other than the short i still have in AudUsd.

Shane

+15 long hardly worth the effort. Currently short cable (again) and gbpchf

Just a heads up.
BP @ 400......... definitely worth watching.

Attachments

• bp.JPG
    bp.JPG
    303.4 KB · Views: 209
Anyone keeping an eye on the EURUDS?
Looks like there could be a nice breakout.

Attachments

• eurusd.gif
    eurusd.gif
    30.8 KB · Views: 196
No setups but some levels being hit by pound.

Attachments

• h4_eurgbp.gif
    h4_eurgbp.gif
    22.8 KB · Views: 144
  • m1_gbpusd.gif
    m1_gbpusd.gif
    28.2 KB · Views: 156
Status
Not open for further replies.