Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
CAD/JPY Pin

cadjpy_26aug08.gif

Someone is defending 1.4580 on the Euro/usd cash with some massive size. Interesting to see what happens here.

Someone is defending 1.4580 on the Euro/usd cash with some massive size. Interesting to see what happens here.

Interesting aswell that its touching the top of a 4 hr trendline.
I'm looking for a reason for price to bounce back to the 8 or 21 ema. Not in a trade yet I hasten to add.

Update: Took the euro long for 30 pips. Thanks for the heads-up trader_dante!

Attachments

• eurusd.gif
    eurusd.gif
    38 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Bizzare day on gold. Looks like those who were at screens all day should have had some good pips on the way down then back up again!

As TD said, big money supporting the Euro at the moment? Big banks stepping in? Nice little pin on the H4 chart, preceded by a small H&S pattern that looks as if it could have trapped a few shorts before the pin formed?
Grim

Last edited:
Very nice Chilltrader - got in on a retrace. Free trade, now sit back and see what happens.(y)

[ps: midnight pin - u get up early!]

I was better when I was demo trading the DOW.. decided to learn Forex now.. and this baby keeps me awake all night :cheesy:

Hi boys,
Chf/jpy double bottom off s/r level (daily timeframe).

I'm not in it yet, but one 2 watch / set an alert.

Attachments

• chfjpy.JPG
    chfjpy.JPG
    274.1 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Hi boys,

I've been in this since the first daily pin bar a few days ago. Its not been fun watching it retrace all the way to nose of the pin and almost stop me out! Lets hope this double bottom sends it up...

Anyone notice the hourly pin formed on the DAX at 12pm? I set a buy limit on the break of the nose, took 10 points and then wimped out :S then it shot up another 40 pts! Note to self: trade your plan...

Hi boys,

Hi omni did you get in that ? its looking poised for 'upness' to me, as is eurjpy but ive got a level marked at 161.66ish on eurjpy.

Im short gbpjpy half got stopped out, other half still alive.

Things seem different to me the last 'while'.... so whilst pondering what in the name of george sorros's **** is going on, Im moving my stop above the 4hr gbpjpy pin from today.

Im testing entering half the risk on the full bar/pin/setup, and the other half on a tighter stop say half the pin, or lower timeframe PA, but not paying attention to the low timeframe after that. :cool:

Hi omni did you get in that ? its looking poised for 'upness' to me, as is eurjpy but ive got a level marked at 161.66ish on eurjpy.

Im short gbpjpy half got stopped out, other half still alive.

Things seem different to me the last 'while'.... so whilst pondering what in the name of george sorros's **** is going on, Im moving my stop above the 4hr gbpjpy pin from today.

Im testing entering half the risk on the full bar/pin/setup, and the other half on a tighter stop say half the pin, or lower timeframe PA, but not paying attention to the low timeframe after that. :cool:

Hi 1Pipped,
How you doing bud?
I am not in eurjpy (was short from the top) or gbpjpy but did get into chfjpy yesterday. Midway up in pin, wanted smaller risk on this one. Let's see what happens.

North Finance

Anyone else on here using NF feed? Mine seems to have got stuck on Wednesday night and is showing no data for yesterday or today. The connection status indicator is green so that's not the problem...

GBPJPY at a support level?

Hi All

I have a S/R line at this level (19985) which dates from May of this year and again as a start for a big climb back in Jan '06

On the other hand, current trend (down) is very strong & steady

Keeping an eye out for an indication that this is really a significant level, or if not how much further the down trend will run

Does anyone else watch this pair?

good trading
Paul

Attachments

• Spot FX GBP_JPY (28-AUG-08).png
    Spot FX GBP_JPY (28-AUG-08).png
    13.7 KB · Views: 178
Anyone else on here using NF feed? Mine seems to have got stuck on Wednesday night and is showing no data for yesterday or today. The connection status indicator is green so that's not the problem...

Me too, I guess the problem is at their end!

Hi All

I have a S/R line at this level (19985) which dates from May of this year and again as a start for a big climb back in Jan '06

On the other hand, current trend (down) is very strong & steady

Keeping an eye out for an indication that this is really a significant level, or if not how much further the down trend will run

Does anyone else watch this pair?

good trading
Paul

Hi Paul I have that level marked as well (199.77), was my first target for the short, marked it with a dotted line because it was only hit from one side(?). A pin has formed on the 1hr chart. Still short myself for now ..........

hi - is it a demo account?
my demo account with ODL also froze - they had issues with their servers. All i had to do was create a new account. When in MT4 just go file - new account (or something similar - not infront of it at mo)

2hr pin on gold, nose tip near 847.ish daily pivot... bit too far off maybe? sold at 840 me, even though it hasnt actually triggered.

2hr pin on gold, nose tip near 847.ish daily pivot... bit too far off maybe? sold at 840 me, even though it hasnt actually triggered.

Hi 1Pipped

What basis did you use for this (4 hour pin now completed, although not triggered), yet you got in £8 early. I don't have any lines at the 843 / 844 level which would have drawn me to monitor for action. I'd like to know what your chart looked like (before you entered the trade). Do you think it will go to £820 or even £812?

good shout anyway
Paul

Attachments

• Daily Spot Gold (28-AUG-08).png
    Daily Spot Gold (28-AUG-08).png
    15.4 KB · Views: 142

4H which just closed at 16h00 UK time looks pretty good too. Would have been better if it had got closer to the 847 area but I think I will take the break of the 4H pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.