Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the straw clutcher's club, here is a 1hr usdcad chart retrced upto the top of the gap (that might not even be a gap really, could be just alparis data) and the 76.4 fib (I dont think thats even a real fib number, just the 'opposite' of 23.6), things might be looking up :LOL:

On the 4hr there may be a good looking pin (3pm the bar ends) off the imaginary levels above, so if you like sitting around waiting for something to happen while losing money be sure to get in on that.

Attachments

• usdcad_h1.gif
    usdcad_h1.gif
    10.3 KB · Views: 214
  • usdcad_h4.gif
    usdcad_h4.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 217
Welcome to the straw clutcher's club, here is a 1hr usdcad chart retrced upto the top of the gap (that might not even be a gap really, could be just alparis data) and the 76.4 fib (I dont think thats even a real fib number, just the 'opposite' of 23.6), things might be looking up :LOL:

On the 4hr there may be a good looking pin (3pm the bar ends) off the imaginary levels above, so if you like sitting around waiting for something to happen while losing money be sure to get in on that.
watch out for the imaginary hidden divergence!!lol

fully fledged,paid up member of that club,im not bitter,lol

Attachments

• barc.gif
    barc.gif
    17 KB · Views: 198
I was going to get a haircut today, might as well get a target shaved on the back of head while im there, for your future reference spurs ;)

jonj tell me more about imaginary hidden divergence, it seems to be working !

1pipped,

you are the one watching eurchf arent you?
I want to get short but cant get a good entry.
what's your status?

Hi omni, no I was watching gbpchf but I lost interest when it came back up.
My status is currently dodging shurikens from superspurs direction :LOL:
Are you in the usdcad yourself ?

Yup, I am in usdcad... but it's not looking too hot. Just going to let it ride.
I like to give trades at least 5 tf's (so 5 days) to let them work.

Usdchf

2nd chance on USDCHF?

This morning the 1H Pin didn't hold. Now there is a Pin on 4H touch the otherside of an ascending trend line from the Daily chart.

Attachments

• USDCHF4H.jpg
    USDCHF4H.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 223
  • USDCHFDaily.jpg
    USDCHFDaily.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 185
I'm looking at the swissy pin too; you guys ever use 8hr timeframes? Udeful if you can run them one bar for each session (UK; US; ASIA). Anyway, my swissy chart is attached - good pin in a ranging flag pattern.

Only reason I'm in two minds is because I am also short the loonie atm (sounds like alot of people traded off the same resistance). Short the two pairs gives me a little too much exposure to the USD @ regular position sizes, which is why I'm thinking hard.

Anyway - re: the USDCAD, remember we have had alot of data recently that price has to adjust to - CAD rates unchanged yesterday (unexpectedly); strong US data today, not to mention oil (CAD is a commodity currency, remember). Anyway, I am not worried - "Plan the trade and Trade the Plan" as they say - and if we get it wrong, there would be a good breakout long anyway, which is some consolation.

Attahced is my 8hr chart on the left. Apologies for the big file, but I can't be arsed to crop the screnshot in paint etc...

Attachments

• Swissy8hr.jpg
    Swissy8hr.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 244
Hi,

first time posting on this thread but have been trying to integrate these pin bars and keep an eye out for them. I got onto that swissy one which looks ok, but was wondering what your opinions might be on this one on the daily eurgbp. It's on a rising trendline but not sure if there's enough space around it or whether body is too big. Just watching it for now.

Between this thread and the making money one, it's certainly kept me busy reading the past few days, lol. Good stuff though.

Attachments

• 4h usdchf.gif
    4h usdchf.gif
    12.9 KB · Views: 185
  • dly eurgbp.gif
    dly eurgbp.gif
    15.1 KB · Views: 214
1pipped,

you are the one watching eurchf arent you?
I want to get short but cant get a good entry.
what's your status?

mornin omni,mabye an entry on the break of this bearish rising wedge?? a liitle divergence on the RSI. and a general bearish outlook,although a little unresponsive.??
trendline seems to be holding for now,
happy hunting,might even join you(y)

Attachments

• update.gif
    update.gif
    51.2 KB · Views: 203
gbpjpy inside bars breaking out, might be a good place to sneak in?
Im long and have stop where indicated.
No watching for me today as Ill be working, but good trading on this Friday 13th everyone.

Attachments

• gbpjpy_d1.gif
    gbpjpy_d1.gif
    12.9 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
Interesting. I started a poll / thread a while back, can't remember whether was on here or TradersLab, about time based stops, who uses them, and how. Not one preson even attempted to put a hard and fast number on how long they give stuff to work. You are the first person I've seen who at least has a notion in their head of this. Not sure what that means, just interesting.

GJ

Hey GammaJammer...
My thinking works as follows..... trade entered should have about 80% chance of working and this probability diminishes as time goes by (obviously.... i would say). If the trade hasnt started working t+2, i would say chances are now, 70%, get to t+3... 60%....... and so on (not straight line, time decay style probability curve) .... until t+5, i would say, it is its last chance.

Check out price action historically.... can you find a pin that worked +5 days after event?

Other trading methods would have totally different time horizon i would say, but price action trading...... should result in.......... PRICE ACTION... haha. Anyway.

nifty........ daily timeframe.... and check out the weekly...... time to go long?

talk to me guys.

Attachments

• nifty.JPG
    nifty.JPG
    271.3 KB · Views: 226
gbpjpy inside bars breaking out, might be a good place to sneak in?
Im long and have stop where indicated.
No watching for me today as Ill be working, but good trading on this Friday 13th everyone.

1pipped.
i am with you on this one.

broke to the upside in th end omni,this is the problem with expectations!!thats why i like these patterns,play the break....end of!!didnt get this one though,having some real bad connection probs.:(

Attachments

• update.gif
    update.gif
    48.2 KB · Views: 241
Status
Not open for further replies.