Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
IBs on gold 1hr, 15m and 5 min. Think the PA is getting squeezed. Could get a big move soon...

LOL, man, how do you do it??

I read your post and about 2 minutes later our Squarwk says "We're just seeing a big move in the Gold market here..."

Nice call. $20 move. 200 ticks.

You're a legend.

Posted a chart a few posts back now..
Dangerous Intraday game play though, I won't be making a habit of it!
Thanks for the comments TD, a certain element of luck and waiting I guess?

Omni, did you stick faithfully to the long? Hope so.

BSD
Thanks for the broker updates I'll check them out.
Grim

Last edited:
i have gone back into one of my favs,VED

Attachments

• ved.gif
    ved.gif
    14.8 KB · Views: 194
Hey Spurs,
Where do you get shares data in MT4? Looks interesting? I didn't know any brokers were offering shares on MT4?
Grim

Posted a chart a few posts back now..
Dangerous Intraday game play though, I won't be making a habit of it!
Thanks for the comments TD, a certain element of luck and waiting I guess?

Omni, did you stick faithfully to the long? Hope so.

BSD
Thanks for the broker updates I'll check them out.
Grim

Hey Grim,
Yup, i took gold long at 780 (when called on here) and again at 786 (when called on here again) so yup. Pretty happy with that.

My short off the weekly is obviously closed out.

Cheers Skelly and Spurs...I'll look into that!

Good to see you stuck with your guns Omni. Rest of the day off now I think. Stops euphoria trading. Always tomorrow. Off for a run!
Good trading all!
Grim

Jev
Always use a stop. If you use a mental stop you will be subject to an ill informed decision and at the whim of your emotions (Fear being the biggest!). You must rely on the info as you saw it when you were not in the trade and emotion free. Set a stop. If it hits it, move on.

You need a structred PLAN to trade. Discresionary trading only comes with vast experience. If you have no plan, again you are subject to your biggest enemy. Yourself.

Read 'Way of the Turtle' by Curtis. His mentors said that any trading plan could be revealed to Jo Public but only 20% of them would be profitable; the other 80% would not trade the plan and blow their accounts! Emotions take over.

Set other rules, like any more than 2 losses, walk away and come back tomorrow. If you can't abide by a simple rule like this then you should never trade as you will destroy your account. Reassess all the time. If you keep losing, go back to your trading diary and records and look for trends. You must make these records otherwise you have nothing to base your performance on.

Another good book well worth reading is 'Come into My Trading Room' By Dr Elder. He shows you a disciplined approach to trading that to be a consistent winner, you must have.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not there yet. I still have a lot to learn and emotions to master too. It's just it takes money and losses to find out.

Judge how good you are at trading, not on your wins, but on your losses. Keep a simple equity curve sheet and record your balance each day. If the trend is down you must re-assess your plan!

Hope this helps?
Grim

Grim,

I would add 'Trading in the zone' by Mark Douglas to that list.

That book helpped me plenty.

Cheers,

G

Glen,
Indeed a good book. I have read it and I keep the 5 fundemental truths and the 7 consistent winners' rules on the wall above my monitor. I recommend that all aspiring traders read it.

Looking at the width of the widest part of the pattern I would look for a rejection/tighten stops at 843 area. Rejection of that R is possible.

Just got back from my run. I closed my trade at 831 so I missed out on the last part. Oh well, a profit bagged is better than pips lost and handed back thru greed!

There is the mother of all levels on Soybeans Daily TF and an hourly inside bar :)

Attachments

• soy.gif
    soy.gif
    20.5 KB · Views: 263
Cheers for the heads up TD,
Can't seem to trade it with CMC so will have to pass on that one.
Grim

Good call on Gold today Grim,

I missed it, but there is now a pin on the hourly. It's almost exactly at the same level where I shorted before from the 4 hour.

Edit: I see you spotted it already!

Gold pin invalidated by breach of top (h)

Good spot too Ljr..I'm keeping my eye on this level though!

Status
Not open for further replies.