Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be the new 1pipped?! Even half pipped, as my short on FTSE stopped out last night by 0.5 pip! has since descended south a further 100 odd pips!
Grim

Put that one in the record book grim !!

My nzd long got stopped out as well, not by 1 pip, it just seems to have taken a bit of a dive.

It's already there 1Pipped!
My USDYEN short filled nicely and was taken out this lunchtime just as I got back to the PC!
Rest of the day off trading now as that's 3 losses today.
See what the daily's have in store for tomorrow!
Grim

Pin?

Hi T_D and the others

I am new to this thread infact quite new to any posting...

I managed to find T_D's posts dating from last year on another thread...great thread...still trying to get thru it only at end of October 2007 so far...but learning alot...many thanks to you for this.

On this note I have noticed a possible pin on the hourly chart for S&P 500 daily just come up...would you say this qualifies...as it has bounced of what I believe is a major support at 1200 level?

Hi T_D and the others

I am new to this thread infact quite new to any posting...

I managed to find T_D's posts dating from last year on another thread...great thread...still trying to get thru it only at end of October 2007 so far...but learning alot...many thanks to you for this.

On this note I have noticed a possible pin on the hourly chart for S&P 500 daily just come up...would you say this qualifies...as it has bounced of what I believe is a major support at 1200 level?

It's not the best looking pin on my feed - mainly because it closed off its high however the level is excellent and I am positioned long.

It's not the best looking pin on my feed - mainly because it closed off its high however the level is excellent and I am positioned long.

Hi TD
Thanks...I am still trying to learn these basics...up until recently I have been trading fundamentals along with some daily chart readings...been doing ok..i.e managed to maintain a living doing this full time for a year now...albeit I have had some bad months...I am now looking to expand my knowledge and rely less on emotion...

One other question I don't know if you or any others have used the Sharescope charting package...currently I subscribe to their basic package but since reading you posts I feel I need to upgrade to a more real time system...would you or anyone reccommend their package called Sharescope Pro...albeit, they do not have the grains market on here.
I have just started using IG's charts but these often take along time to load on my system...any advice would be helpful...thanks.

Hi TD
Thanks...I am still trying to learn these basics...up until recently I have been trading fundamentals along with some daily chart readings...been doing ok..i.e managed to maintain a living doing this full time for a year now...albeit I have had some bad months...I am now looking to expand my knowledge and rely less on emotion...

One other question I don't know if you or any others have used the Sharescope charting package...currently I subscribe to their basic package but since reading you posts I feel I need to upgrade to a more real time system...would you or anyone reccommend their package called Sharescope Pro...albeit, they do not have the grains market on here.
I have just started using IG's charts but these often take along time to load on my system...any advice would be helpful...thanks.

Use MetaTrader. It's one of the best chart packages out there and gives you real time data on FX and most commods too if you get it from North Finance.

Hi Jev,
I would not go for Sharescope Pro at this stage. You only really need to have end of day data, so go for Gold at £15 pm rather than the £85 for Pro. The Pro version has the live feed I believe but if you go any lower than 1hr TFs you usually end up handing you account over to the market!
I use MT4 on the demo feed from NorthFinance for Forex. Welcome to the forum too!
Grim

Hey spurs,
Hard lines on the energy plays. The chart could not really have predicted the Lehmans event shaking the market I suppose!
Grim

Hi Jev,
I would not go for Sharescope Pro at this stage. You only really need to have end of day data, so go for Gold at £15 pm rather than the £85 for Pro. The Pro version has the live feed I believe but if you go any lower than 1hr TFs you usually end up handing you account over to the market!
I use MT4 on the demo feed from NorthFinance for Forex. Welcome to the forum too!
Grim

Hi Grim
I have been using Sharescope Gold for over a year now...but I find that the price updates on the commodities takes place at/or after midday of the previous days close...this does not help to get setups ready as you may already have missed a big move on the day speacially in the recent months volatility in crude/platinum etc.
Also the fx updates are even later in the day.

Have you any experience of Sharescope Plus...supposed to give intraday data delayed by 15mins...Can I get live(almost-15mins) charts on this package and view charts in hourly time frames?
Thanks
Jeev

Hi Jev,
No, I have just subscribed to Gold after doing lots of searching about. Others use ProRealTime but I just use the SB companies charts intraday should I need to.
I didn't even realise that gold had Forex or metals!! What a pro hey!! :)

Looks like oil may have formed a kinda Pin on the 4hr TF. Not the best looking one, but a nice daily one forming. Could this be the bottom we were searching for??
Grim

I am bullish gold @ 782...... 4hr entry. I see long term TL and double fib confluence.

Hi Jev,
No, I have just subscribed to Gold after doing lots of searching about. Others use ProRealTime but I just use the SB companies charts intraday should I need to.
I didn't even realise that gold had Forex or metals!! What a pro hey!! :)

Looks like oil may have formed a kinda Pin on the 4hr TF. Not the best looking one, but a nice daily one forming. Could this be the bottom we were searching for??
Grim

I have stayed away from oil since July...was on holiday for 2 weeks in Aug and didn't want to risk going to holiday either in a big loss situation for the month or even go away with too many positions open...glad AS I AM SURE THE VOLATILITY WOULD HAVE KILLED ME...hence i need to improve my charting analysis and not just rely on gut feeling.
I will have a look at MT4 tomorrow as going to the gym now...made far too much money today...if only!!
Jeev

If anyone has experience of Sharescope Plus then please advise...thanks.

TD,
What's the best way to play the IBs then? There are a few forming now on both E/USD and Cable, both in the area of Fibs and SR. Would you only take IBs at these levels and then take the break? Do you get many fake outs with IBs? Both these are forming/ winding up inside each other on the 1hr TF. Could this be a pre-cursor to an explosive move out and how far would you set your target?
Thanks in anticipation!
Grim

Omni,
I have gold squeezed between the SR at 784 and an upward TL from the weekly lows and the 50% weekly Fib! I'm gonna watch this one as I can't see to nail Gold at the moment and keep getting shaken out for some reason!
Hope you catch a winner!
Grim

Im keeping an eye on daily silver, but it has spiked right through a weekly support level, not sure about it really.

Missed the IB trades on both DJI and E/USD as I was away from the PC for 20 mins! Too late to join now I think, but 2 big moves out of the compounding IBs!

Missed the IB trades on both DJI and E/USD as I was away from the PC for 20 mins! Too late to join now I think, but 2 big moves out of the compounding IBs!

Grim I took the Euro/Usd one - I got 60 pips out of it. I'm at my GF's house now and can't stop - remind me of your question above tomorrow and I will answer it.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.