Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bravo to the mystery trader, 100k up!
Good to see that people can be trained and conquer themselves and the market to prosper. The key now is keeping it and not becoming too cocky thinking it's all too easy. I've been there and to a certain degree I still have those demons to conquer!
Good Trading.
Grim

GBP/CHF pin

It looks like a pin might be forming on GBP/CHF hourly chart. Hopefully it closes a little higher than the open. 10 minutes left

Attachments

• gbpchf.JPG
    gbpchf.JPG
    226 KB · Views: 180
GBP/JPY hourly

The last one didn't pan out. I placed my entry order to enter below this pin on GBP/JPY. It has confluence of an hourly pivot and 38.2 fib line. Lets see how it goes.

Attachments

• gbpjpy.JPG
    gbpjpy.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 188
I personally don't.

If people are realising that the pins they take don't work then you need to ask yourselves why and also look at other types of PA.

This strategy is about trading PRICE ACTION not about trading pin bars. What story is the candlestick telling you when it reaches a level? This is what you constantly need to be asking yourself.

One of you guys (and my lips are sealed as to which one but you know who you are ;)) who read my Making Money Trading thread has made over £100k starting out there with next to nothing. This person rang me recently and said to me "It's not about the pin bars at all - it's about the price".

That's why he has made so much money :)

Now i know what you're all thinking..
and i know how rumours start real quick on these forums so i just wanted to confirm
that it wasn't me. :cheesy:

But well done to whoever it was!

Soybeans anybody? Nice long pin testing previous support, but body is not within the previous bars range.

Attachments

• soybeans.gif
    soybeans.gif
    16.9 KB · Views: 173
To the usual suspects that have followed this thread and the prior....

Check out gold, silver (daily tf) and my personal favourite, palladium.
You need to go back to 2005 to find the (white line) support & resistance level we bounced off yesterday.

Regards.

Attachments

• PALL.JPG
    PALL.JPG
    231.4 KB · Views: 204
Fibbinstarchi,
Icebergs??

Found it...... kind of obvious in hindsight. But very unhelpful.

"A large single order that has been divided into smaller lots, usually by the use of an automated program, for the purpose of hiding the actual order quantity. "

Hey TD,
GBPUSD still looks like it might have potential(the bottom of the pin hasnt been broken). Would you still enter long at this point? And if so, what would you look for?

already short the AVV weekly pin,in the morning will move stop to above daily pin and add if it breaks south

Attachments

• AVEVA GRP.png
    AVEVA GRP.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 191
TD
I thought you traded using Level 2 at the prop firm, if you did you would know the relevance of iceburgs innit.

Are people realising that pins are not the be all to end all? Seen loads fail, there's more to trading than pinbars and after the fact examples. I have asked pinbar gurus to post before the move charts, got attacked for it, lol, this tells me a lot about a trader as I have been around for a while.
No before the move set ups = questionable trader. Anyone can explain a move after it is over.

Last edited:
TD
I thought you traded using Level 2 at the prop firm, if you did you would know the relevance of iceburgs innit.

Are people realising that pins are not the be all to end all? Seen loads fail, there's more to trading than pinbars and after the fact examples. I have asked pinbar gurus to post before the move charts, got attacked for it, lol, this tells me a lot about a trader as I have been around for a while.
No before the move set ups = questionable trader. Anyone can explain a move after it is over.

Fibbinstarchi,
Feel free to post your trades, post or prior to them happening.............?

ps. It is a shame you are so late in the day. Trader_Dante has posted live trades - both in his prior thread and in a head to head battle against someone just like you.

Best of luck.

TD

TD has stated that price action around KEY pivot levels is what people should be concentrating on.

To the usual suspects that have followed this thread and the prior....

Check out gold, silver (daily tf) and my personal favourite, palladium.
You need to go back to 2005 to find the (white line) support & resistance level we bounced off yesterday.

Regards.

The old school,
Gold and silver calls looking good. Palladium still to follow suit.
Best regards.

Thought this might interest some of you Noticed it yesterday but, what with actually trading, kinda had my attention elsewhere.

The Double Bottom, inside bars and 2 x Doji are IMO a sitter for quick profits. You can combine the four candles to make a Hammer... for the record, I did call this at the time, just not here. I also suggested adding to the position at 1.8600 @ the first test, but would have been shaken out by yesterdays moves :)eek:). Still, adding again on a break of the high of the red candle off the 1.86 level would have been an option.

Not really interested in hearing about how it's after the fact, it's a good example.

Attachments

• DB.JPG
    DB.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 195
Hey TD,
GBPUSD still looks like it might have potential(the bottom of the pin hasnt been broken). Would you still enter long at this point? And if so, what would you look for?

Ssangha,
I agree with you here. But now that it has been consolidating. I think the best way to play it would be to wait for a break out of the range and to buy / sell on the retest of that range.. if it doesnt happen. Then, no trade. I wouldnt be buying on the initial break up (ie. break of the pin bars). It is just gonna be a sucka.
Best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.