Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omni, I'm on top of things.

I spent half of yesterday adding more monitors to my desk.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 328
Simon,
No worries dude ;)
I would have jumped to the same conclusion.

Mr. Dante,
I really dont think it has "strengthened", we are still inside yesterdays ranges..... but yeah, it has "strengthened" a little teeny weeny bit... ;) all i know is that gbpcrosses have moved -0.6% to -1.2% while $crosses have moved only 0.2% - 0.5%..... ya get me blud?

Ps. Congrats on your thread breaking the +100 page barrier. High fives all round??

Lol, check the dollar index 'blud'.

It hasn't been this high since jan this year.

Still riding eurjpy, audjpy and took half off the others on monday at the major levels.

EURAUD (long)......... now +600
GBPAUD (long)...........now +700
AUDUSD (short)............ now +700
AUDJPY (short)...........now +600
EURNOK (short)..... i never took
EURUSD (short)............now +600
EURJPY (short)...........now +500

Anyone else out there on longer term moves hiding behind the scenes?

Omni,

I saw many of the above trades develop however i never saw and entry (trading on the Daily adn weekly timeframes). I have however dropped down to the hourly to look at the EURAUD to see where a possible entry would have been but can not. Would you care to share with myself and those less experienced how you entered this trade? A couple of charts might help.

Thanks in advance. (y)

Glen

Still riding eurjpy, audjpy and took half off the others on monday at the major levels.

EURAUD (long)......... now +600
GBPAUD (long)...........now +700
AUDUSD (short)............ now +700
AUDJPY (short)...........now +600
EURNOK (short)..... i never took
EURUSD (short)............now +600
EURJPY (short)...........now +500

Anyone else out there on longer term moves hiding behind the scenes?

Omni,

I saw many of the above trades develop however i never saw and entry (trading on the Daily adn weekly timeframes). I have however dropped down to the hourly to look at the EURAUD to see where a possible entry would have been but can not. Would you care to share with myself and those less experienced how you entered this trade? A couple of charts might help.

Thanks in advance. (y)

Glen

Hi Glen,
Have attached a euraud chart as requested.
I took notice of it as it broke the white line (also circled). Then it formed 2 4hr inside bars before breaking upwards. I took it at that point. As i often get sucked into fake breakouts.

Everyone,
Following on from the triple daily high on usdjpy. There was a triple hourly high that is now breaking lower.

Thanks

Attachments

• euraud.JPG
    euraud.JPG
    268.3 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
wow.this thread has exploded in the last few days.serves me right for spending too much time on my "real" job!

Cable bounce?

I will be looking for buying opportunities in Cable between 18500 and 186.50. Any PA that indicates a bottom in that area should be considered carefully.

Well how satisfying is that?

This is my first post, although I have been following this thread and its predecessor very closely. I wasn't sure that I was capable of joining in, as you all appear much more confident than me with your reading of the price action.

So, I was delighted to see this comment from 'the master' himself, as I wrote a note to myself at about 8am this morning: 'cable, look out @ 1.87 for potential bounce'

with in 2 cents of TD, made my day

good trading to all
Paul

Well how satisfying is that?

This is my first post, although I have been following this thread and its predecessor very closely. I wasn't sure that I was capable of joining in, as you all appear much more confident than me with your reading of the price action.

So, I was delighted to see this comment from 'the master' himself, as I wrote a note to myself at about 8am this morning: 'cable, look out @ 1.87 for potential bounce'

with in 2 cents of TD, made my day

good trading to all
Paul

Hi Paul,

Welcome aboard!!

1.8700 is not bad. The reason I am a couple of cents lower is because of this area on the charts. It's the 61 fib from the last major weekly swing AND a good s/r pivot. I really don't think we will get below here without a sharp bounce back up. Although I am wrong from time to time (hehehe) so take it with a pinch of salt.

Attachments

• gbp1.gif
    gbp1.gif
    25 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
P.S. Don't worry about who is confident and who is not. If you see a good level or an opportunity on the chart then post it or at least tell us what and where it is. You only get better in this game by trial and error.

Here is an interesting fact for you. One of the biggest traders here at my firm (£250k per week - yes I did type that right) spent the most time on sim learning while all his peers went live before him. But once he came off sim and went live he left them in the dust in a HUGE way. Just take your time. I'm working with people who have gone from zero in their account (of course they had margin to make a trade) to tens of millions in five years.

This is not a get rich quick game. It's a game where it might take you a good few years to master it and all the while you are trading small and wondering whether you are ever going to get anywhere. But once you have it down and you are consistently profitable - even if its just 10 pence a day you are making, day in and day out - all that stands in the way of your fortune is size. And upping your size is the easiest thing to do in trading.

Just learn the ropes, practice, practice, practice and refine what you do until you are as sharp as a knife. Money comes AFTER consistency. Save the big bets for once you know what you are doing. The ammunition will be there for when you are ready.

catering for spread

Hi TD/all,

Just wondering how i factor in the spread into my setup.
If for example the spread is 8 (eg Oil) if my chart shows the mid price, am i right in thinking that i add/subtract 4 to the high/low of the pin for entry and stop?
So on a positive pin bar, looking to go long with high of 11350 my entry point would be where the next bar breaks above 11354?

thanks
Simon

Hi TD/all,

Just wondering how i factor in the spread into my setup.
If for example the spread is 8 (eg Oil) if my chart shows the mid price, am i right in thinking that i add/subtract 4 to the high/low of the pin for entry and stop?
So on a positive pin bar, looking to go long with high of 11350 my entry point would be where the next bar breaks above 11354?

thanks
Simon

Well, technically it would be 11355 because you enter on the BREAK of the pin but yes, you are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.