Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Covered half here for + 75 (other half now stop at BE)
target is about 142.00

Got there in the end, lol

Covering other half here at 142.00 for 166 pips. Took last night and nearly the whole of today to get there tho!

I hope there is more to that TL than your chart shows...it looks far too steep and has been tested at only two points?!
Also, what's this about the high being tested four times...it has broken through a huge weekly level to the upside...

Oh well, I hope it goes well for you. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the input dude.
When i looked at the chart i posted on my entry it looked to me that it was trying to break up but was rejected each time, quite violently on the final attempt. Then it made a lower high, and then broke the trendline I had been watching. I know its not a pinbar trade, but its nice to have some variety I thought.

Pretty vague area. 12400 more interesting, and above at 14000.
nose on pin long and support at 1302 on daily contract held

if eye of left pin should hold looks like a good pin to me also note what it has done to the 50 & 20ema,s to day

pin must hold its current form at the end of the day to confirm the set up

Hi Tom,
Was this on account of price retracing and a 1H pin bouncing off the upwards trendline and the sbr @ 3850 from 20th March? That's why I went long but am worried I may have missed something else??
Cheers
Rob

Rob, I just realised what I wrote and I apologise profusely as I meant to say Short Ftse which was the way I went. I was trying to work out whether to call the Bund Long or the Ftse short and got them totally mixed up. I really do apologise and if this isn't a warning how no one should follow a call - then I don't know what is...

I know it looks like I'm just saying it was a mistake cos it tanked but look at the chart...you all know my setups by now :)

Once again, sorry!

Attachments

• ftse.gif
    ftse.gif
    17.8 KB · Views: 255
Rob, I just realised what I wrote and I apologise profusely as I meant to say Short Ftse which was the way I went. I was trying to work out whether to call the Bund Long or the Ftse short and got them totally mixed up. I really do apologise and if this isn't a warning how no one should follow a call - then I don't know what is...

I know it looks like I'm just saying it was a mistake cos it tanked but look at the chart...you all know my setups by now :)

Once again, sorry!

Haha - no need to apologise!! I'd gone long off that pin bar at about 1pmish but got stopped at break even. I was a bit confused when you said you'd gone long there because I couldn't see why.

I have just gone long on USDCHF @ 11175 with a stop at 11165. Not sure if this is a valid PA set-up or not but price just doesn't seem to want to break that level which is also a 50% retrace from the previous low to high.....

Rob, I just realised what I wrote and I apologise profusely as I meant to say Short Ftse which was the way I went. (CUT)
Once again, sorry!

I saw your call, was very hesitant as I don't normally trade indices except very short-term, lost a few pips with a tight stop on a long as it failed to move upwards, but then scalped quite a lot more as it went down through 3900 - so thanks for the call!

Haha - no need to apologise!! I'd gone long off that pin bar at about 1pmish but got stopped at break even. I was a bit confused when you said you'd gone long there because I couldn't see why.

I have just gone long on USDCHF @ 11175 with a stop at 11165. Not sure if this is a valid PA set-up or not but price just doesn't seem to want to break that level which is also a 50% retrace from the previous low to high.....

And here's a chart with my 'problem areas' marked if anyone's interested. Grey for intra-day 1H and red for major daily areas....

Rob

USDCHF 090325.jpg

Making Money

Well I have finally finished the Making Money Thread - all 318 pages (2543 posts including the credits!) Do I get a certificate or something? No? That's OK, the content is reward enough really.:)

I know this may not be the appropriate thread to post this, but as Making Money is closed and this is the development from it, I couldn't think of anywhere else unless I started another one, so please bear with me.

Firstly, thanks to TD (and many others) for the initial method and helpful advice offered throughout the thread.(y)

There is much that is of value to all traders but probably new and inexperienced ones in particular. It is down to each individual to find his/her own method/system and rules to follow, but even for those that decide that their path differs from the TD method, there is a lot of basic advice throughout the thread that all new traders should read before they commit any real money to trading. I am sure that many of the T2W members can recognise some or all of the warnings given such as: not chasing a trade (with reducing profit or increasing loss), having a plan and sticking to it, not over trading, not trying to 'get revenge' on the market, accepting that losses are an intrinsic element of trading and not always a mistake ... now, hands up everyone, I know I'm guilty of more than one of these!;)

It is due to this last point that I feel that the thread should perhaps have more prominence and indeed, should perhaps be recommended reading for any new T2W registrants. Surely understanding the PA is fundamental to any method or strategy and certainly a good foundation for beginners. I'm sure there is much more on this site that is also of value and I do not mean to diminish this in any way. Maybe those with more experience could select the top few and put a link to these on the home page.

Having finally reached the end, I did have a 'small' degree of disappointment which was due to the oft mentioned DOC/PDF not actually being available, unless I missed it (a lot of posts so not impossible).

I did come across a ZIP with some info in it posted by rags2riches (thanks for that), but was expecting something more. Maybe my misconception. However, that in itself wasn't the annoying part. What was annoying was that I had been compiling my own collection but then stopped when I thought that the job had already been done.:(

In hindsight, I think it may actually be beneficial not to have such a document, as this forces people to go through the whole thread. Whilst this may be timeconsuming, it also helps to enforce many of the key points as they are often repeated several times during the course of the thread. Indeed, all credit to TD for his patience in covering the same points again and again when those points have already been raised earlier by another reader.

With this thought in mind, can I politely suggest that the references to a DOC/PDF are removed from the thread and a note made at the beginning that it is recommended that the whole thread is read, and that readers should make their own notes as they go. Also, by making your own notes it is more likely that the points will 'sink in' and be remembered.

I'm sure that there is more useful and profitable information in the MM thread for 'free', than in many (if not all) of the chargeable 'courses' that are promoted to beginner traders, ranging from a few hundred to many thousand pounds. If only those unfortunate individuals that are attracted to such courses could find this site and the MM thread first, then they could use their investment (in 'course' fees) to practice with the 'basics'. The absolute worst that could happen is that they would still 'lose' all that money, but the probable education they would obtain would be far more than they would get from any seminar, and they would be no worse off in effect. And who knows, they could even make a profit!:smart:

Thanks again to all concerned.:clap:

Again, sorry to take things off the immediate topic.

webinvester

Status
Not open for further replies.