Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Omni,

What do you base your entry decision on? certain types of candles? or Indicators? etc. Hope you don't mind the question.

This thread is for price action entries only (as described in TraderDante's previous thread).

Depending on your views.
I can see a possible top coming in the equity market rally, fibs, levels and so on..... altho likely to fakeout the top, get the longs in.
This could be a good place to add to usdcad.
A possible breakout in eurjpy........ but be careful for fakeout.
A good short on gbpusd off a 1hr pin off previous lows.

That'll do.

CAD employment figures today. Currently we have a good weekly pin on the usdcad - that could change today obviously.....but unless we have a convincing B/out today then this level seems very hard to break for some reason?

I like this

decent long opportunity

Attachments

• Spot FX EUR_USD (13-MAR-09).png
    Spot FX EUR_USD (13-MAR-09).png
    32.5 KB · Views: 179
cable right now, fridays lows/sup - edit, check cable daily and the level where eurgbp is now

Last edited:
Eur/gbp

looks like the buying pressure is tapering off, short 0.9240 stop 0.9350,

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    136.5 KB · Views: 152
decent long opportunity

Looks like a 'hanging man' candle to me? Unless the high is taken out convincingly then it could point to lower prices. Watch for a fakey!! I think it's being driven by EurYen too. See what that pair does for direction. Looks like euryen may put in a pin at current levels too?

Just my thoughts...

I can see a head and shoulders on the 1hr. I'm looking for a short at 0.9230 with a tight(ish) stop at around 0.9255.

a quick diversion TD, if you feel you're not going to see it get to 0.9230, do you normally dive in at the point you see it tipping over, or do you let it go.. a relevant question for the thread I think, i hate to let good setups go for the sake of 10 ticks.. I was actually thinking of adding at 9220, but thought that i wouldn't see it, so left it alone. cheers

a quick diversion TD, if you feel you're not going to see it get to 0.9230, do you normally dive in at the point you see it tipping over, or do you let it go.. a relevant question for the thread I think, i hate to let good setups go for the sake of 10 ticks.. I was actually thinking of adding at 9220, but thought that i wouldn't see it, so left it alone. cheers

I know you have asked Dante but my view on this is - dont chase the market, if it didnt get to your number, your analysis was incorrect and therefore your trade entry reason is invalid.

Once you let "10ticks" go, discipline in other areas is likely to go. Best thing to do is to figure out why you were "10 ticks" out, then it might not happen on your next setup.

Normally trades do setup to "the tick" (if you get it right).

CAD right now, uploading pic soon.

All your stops belong to us.

Attachments

• usdcad - ps 50mb broadbandrules.jpg
    usdcad - ps 50mb broadbandrules.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
I know you have asked Dante but my view on this is - dont chase the market, if it didnt get to your number, your analysis was incorrect and therefore your trade entry reason is invalid.

Once you let "10ticks" go, discipline in other areas is likely to go. Best thing to do is to figure out why you were "10 ticks" out, then it might not happen on your next setup.

Normally trades do setup to "the tick" (if you get it right).

sage advice, thanks omni, and you're right I have actually seen my dicipline go out the window often because of traits like the one I mentioned, averaging into oblivion and all the other mistakes I've made over and over and over... getting killed this last ten days trying to short the loonie may have kicked the habit for me, for good this time :) eur/gbp still looking good
best thread on t2w.

usdyen at key 98.60 level. Mini double top on the H4 chart with all the MAs and the wkly pivot just below. Lower force index high potentially pointing towards less interest allthough this shows the volume of the crowd whom we need to be on the other side of to be part of the winning 20%!!
If it breaks this level could be a good long, otherwise a rejection may lead to a short.
I closed out of mt short on the opposing 4h pin off the daily 20 ema.

1hr pin on the usdcad looks interesting. At the support level (1.2760) with the 50% Fib from H4 low to high. If 1.2800 goes then I'm in!

Last edited:
No i'm saying everyone using the last pin got hit out of their trade (unfortunately). And now it looks good for a long.

However whenever I post something here there's always a 50/50 chance with me :(.

I'm going to add on a break of 12808, but long (in my opinion) is definitely the way you should be trading. At least for short term.

My long term long position started today at 6560 DOW.

Looks like I was two trading days or about 100 points early with that call. Too bad for me, and I'm not ashamed to admit that anyone using wide stops would still be in ;)

We're still flying up, like we should [given the time window], I just need to work on my timing. In the end what matters to me is that I didn't lose money on the trade, and there was still a nice opportunity to long on the break of the trendline or on the confirmation of support on Monday.

We'll talk again around summertime :)

Almost forgot it's still winter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.