Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi skelly,been looking at your chart,and although the idea was right (a breakout above your s/r,and retrace)i feel it was right up against a wall of resistance.it wasn,t at the end of a swing,more just another bar.i would like to see it get down to 1 7320ish and see if it can pick up the energy to bust that wall.lets see what happens tomorrow.there was a nice setup like that,breakout pullback on u/j tonight

edit: we have to keep quiet about pin bars,dont tell anyone haha

Attachments

• gu4hr.gif
    gu4hr.gif
    14.6 KB · Views: 185
  • uj1hr.gif
    uj1hr.gif
    15.8 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
a break lower of the 1 hr cable IB could be the start of a move down.

Supporting factors: daily pin and pivot location. potential double top.

hi skelly,been looking at your chart,and although the idea was right (a breakout above your s/r,and retrace)i feel it was right up against a wall of resistance.it wasn,t at the end of a swing,more just another bar.i would like to see it get down to 1 7320ish and see if it can pick up the energy to bust that wall.lets see what happens tomorrow.there was a nice setup like that,breakout pullback on u/j tonight

edit: we have to keep quiet about pin bars,dont tell anyone haha

So i see around the forum Spurs!!Dont mention the war or what! there's a storm a brewing!!!

Thanks for the charts-had a look there and i see i should have added much more weight to the overhead resistance....as i found out!!

Shane

I am bullish Cable right now. Looking for entries around 1.7400 if it gets that far.

I feel the market would like to break that resistance at 17600.

I'm targetting 181.00

I am bullish Cable right now. Looking for entries around 1.7400 if it gets that far.

I'm targetting 181.00

Hey Tom,

Just wondering if you could post how you played this one ,if you took it in the end, and if you have time to post it. Thanks.;)

I'm watching the USDJPY H1 at the moment. The price has rejected off the downward TL(at 101.74) but i think action around the 101.86 pivot would be more important.

Shane

Cable charts

I'm targetting 181.00

Dante,
Are you basing your trade on the hourly or Daily time frame (see charts attached).
Good luck:)

Attachments

• cable1.JPG
    cable1.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 167
  • cable2.bmp
    2.3 MB · Views: 130
Dante,
Are you basing your trade on the hourly or Daily time frame (see charts attached).
Good luck:)

No entry setup as of yet. I am basing my decision to try and take a long position on the fact that the daily TF has bounced off a weekly level and the hourly TF is now trending up.

What was your set-up TD?

This was a great example of a high probability trade.

As you can see the price broke down through a key s/r pivot and then retested it from below. At the same time, that s/r pivot was met with the neckline of a clear head and shoulders pattern.

I had my order in just a few ticks above where the market reached but unfortunately it didn't get up there...shame...

Attachments

• eur-gbp.gif
    eur-gbp.gif
    23.9 KB · Views: 249
Im opposite to you on cable TD :eek:
I didnt use the hourly pain bar for entry, there were a pair of double high lower close on the half hour that caught my attention!

Attachments

• cable.gif
    cable.gif
    21.2 KB · Views: 185
  • h1_gbpusd.gif
    h1_gbpusd.gif
    25.2 KB · Views: 212
1Pipped my setup is pretty similar to yours...

Attachments

• Cable_240.PNG
    Cable_240.PNG
    69.5 KB · Views: 172
  • Cable_60.PNG
    Cable_60.PNG
    76.9 KB · Views: 188
MrGecko, 1Pipped,

I am with you on the cable short and entered last night at 17410 so today was a bit of a rough one with it going up to over 17600. Stop was above daily Pin. I now added when it broke through 17330.

What targets do you guys have?

I'm looking to see what happens when we reach the dotted green line on my 60min chart, at about 7170

I'm looking to see what happens when we reach the dotted green line on my 60min chart, at about 7170

Thanks,

I was looking at around 17200 but it seemed to stall around 17270 so I closed 1 position to be safe for 60 pips profit.

Will pick up the short again at 17250 which is about to break as I type this.

Broken... short again

I closed the 17250 position for another 50 pips..... and it continued to fall!! I don't usually trade like this but being a bit more cautious. I feel a retracement comming. Cable has dropped 450 points since the high today with very little pause.

If 17150 area breaks will short again.

Anyhow still short from 17410 on my original position

I didn't add again but closed my other position at 17145 so I'm flat now.

A good number off pips overall. About 265 on the first trade and another 100 when I added as support was broken on the hourly.

Will look to short again as PA determines.

As I'm typing the price is retracing so looks like I got out in time. I enjoyed that and it was unexpected at this time of night

Status
Not open for further replies.