Post your P&L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Tom!

You mean James16 ?:) Or some trader from your former prop shop?

Hi Ihor. It's not J16 although he was also very influential to me. I'll send you a PM.

P.S. Mont and Dion, I hope you are still going to post! I was enjoying your performances! :)

Guys,maybe wi will post our real PnL from blotter?
I try to start do it from tomorrow.

Today i'm down for -140 EUR. I trade currently german stocks intraday.

I'm not going to say whether I think he's good or bad at trading. But I think he can appreciate that one needs a fair amount of good luck to turn £40 into over a grand risking your account on every trade pretty much. That may not have been the best example you could have used for the argument.

You are right I should have used the example when TD turn £20 000 into somewhere around £140 000 in 5 Days (ETX Beat the Broker Competition) also trading very aggressively but I dont think there are any statements, I dont even think anyone knows about this. Every trader has their fair share of luck TD just has more than most traders

Turning a small sum of money into a large sum is nothing new. There is a lot more to it than just that. Too me it is that 80% chance of being right the discipline of only taking specific trades. I have been following TD for a very long time, I believe there is a lot to learn from this man.

You are right I should have used the example when TD turn £20 000 into somewhere around £140 000 in 5 Days (ETX Beat the Broker Competition) also trading very aggressively but I dont think there are any statements, I dont even think anyone knows about this. Every trader has their fair share of luck TD just has more than most traders.

That's a demo competition, which to be fair is not the same as real money trading.
I am sure there is a better real money example ...

You are right I should have used the example when TD turn £20 000 into somewhere around £140 000 in 5 Days (ETX Beat the Broker Competition) also trading very aggressively but I dont think there are any statements, I dont even think anyone knows about this. Every trader has their fair share of luck TD just has more than most traders

Turning a small sum of money into a large sum is nothing new. There is a lot more to it than just that. Too me it is that 80% chance of being right the discipline of only taking specific trades. I have been following TD for a very long time, I believe there is a lot to learn from this man.

Was the ETX competition with real money? From what i remember it wasn't, so not a good example.

This one...yeah it was a riot:LOL:...even had a re-set button so if you cr4pped out and had enough time left in the day you could still get a result !:LOL: Quality.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spread-betting/44946-beat-broker-compo.html

LOL, I still haven't got round to drinking the champagne I won on that!!

I almost had that iPod but I got pipped to the post at the last minute.

That was such good fun.

I remember calling Mills out early on but he definetly gave as good as he got.

Guys,maybe wi will post our real PnL from blotter?
I try to start do it from tomorrow.

Today i'm down for -140 EUR. I trade currently german stocks intraday.

Hey Ihor! Thanks for posting. The more the merrier.

I'm £100 up on the day. I hate Mondays!

I made £156 on the FX open last night.

I'm also running a tiny GBP/JPY short position from the early hours which is up £83 but has basically gone nowhere.

So in terms of what I've entered today I'm up £239.

But I'm in three positions which are running in a loss today. I've got a short Crude (breakeven on the day), short S&P500 (-£19) and a short Bund position (-£120 on the day) which I've been in since last week.

I'm actually well up on these last three - it's just the mark to market.

Attachments

• Acc_1.jpg
    Acc_1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
But I think he can appreciate that one needs a fair amount of good luck to turn £40 into over a grand risking your account on every trade pretty much. That may not have been the best example you could have used for the argument.

That's a demo competition, which to be fair is not the same as real money trading.
I am sure there is a better real money example ...

Just to clarify, you're both right.

But I did get into prop based exclusively on my trading record. It was pored over closely by one of the management there who questioned my carefully on it.

That's probably the better example.

Anyway, onwards and forwards...where are you Mont and Dion don't tell me you are hiding from the trolls? Don't worry, they won't start on you. It's me they want :)

What a disaster.

Spent all f*cking morning puking most of that Bund on this relentless move.

Not too bad overall as my entries were much higher and todays loss is from mark to market. Still, I didn't see this coming thats for sure.

Sold another unit of GBP/JPY but thats moving way too fast which is a shame. Didn't want that down here already.

Missed a sell limit in Crude by 13 ticks too.

Oh well, that's trading for you.

On the plus side, the S&P has pretty much sliced through this cobweb of s/r. I cut one unit just ahead of 1092 because I'm trying not to play like too much of a tw*t today.

If I can get an updated screenshot out later near the EOD I will but I'm off to watch 24. Third season, baby!

Attachments

• Acc_2.jpg
    Acc_2.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 306
What a disaster.

Spent all f*cking morning puking most of that Bund on this relentless move.

Not too bad overall as my entries were much higher and todays loss is from mark to market. Still, I didn't see this coming thats for sure.

Sold another unit of GBP/JPY but thats moving way too fast which is a shame. Didn't want that down here already.

Missed a sell limit in Crude by 13 ticks too.

Oh well, that's trading for you.

On the plus side, the S&P has pretty much sliced through this cobweb of s/r. I cut one unit just ahead of 1092 because I'm trying not to play like too much of a tw*t today.

If I can get an updated screenshot out later near the EOD I will but I'm off to watch 24. Third season, baby!

Hi Trader_Dante,
Any reason why you are trading such small size?

Previously you have stated that you hit max across all your accounts to get "your size" on?

So this account you are showing us is hardly worth it for you surely?
Opportunity cost and all that.

your forgeting to mention all the acounts you have blown up dante. i bet you arnt even profitible!

LOL. All the accounts? I haven't blown an account for years.

The nearest I came to blowing an account recently was the one for charity which I took from £40 to £1500 and back to £300.

Come on mate.

That accusation is so last year.

;)

really? you posted otherwise on your blog.. "going from one ruined account to another" i think was the line!

Hi Trader_Dante,
Any reason why you are trading such small size?

Previously you have stated that you hit max across all your accounts to get "your size" on?

So this account you are showing us is hardly worth it for you surely?
Opportunity cost and all that.

Hey, a few thousand per week all adds up!

I do max across some accounts but not on the main ones I use for a living.

I might even show you the size on those if you give me a break and stop criticising everything I do :)

uh-huh..thats not really what you were portrying in the post..more about how u always wanted to turn a small sum of money into a fortune and turning a fortune into a bigger fortune didnt have the same appeal..(wanting to be like your hero) and in your quest for this you move from one blown out account to another trying to turn a few 100 quid into a fortune..

damn wish i could remember the link for your blog so could post it word for word, but thats the gist anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.