Poking the ER2

Its uncanny how you pick the exact lows and highs every day, and never have a loosing day :?: :

Bill,

You really are a dozy twat aren't you...read posts 8, 9, 18, 27, 52, 61, 79.

If you can't accept that there are people who have a way of getting fairly tight reversal signals in specific markets then you are demonstrating your total ignorance.

A lot of people would say you have already, based on your posts on this site.

:LOL:

jessop said:
Bill,

You really are a dozy twat aren't you...read posts 8, 9, 18, 27, 52, 61, 79.

If you can't accept that there are people who have a way of getting fairly tight reversal signals in specific markets then you are demonstrating your total ignorance.

A lot of people would say you have already, based on your posts on this site.

:LOL:
Ho Dear dear, what did you call me :rolleyes: We live in a diverse nation and backgrounds. That kind of variety can make all our lives a lot more fun and interesting, but only if we get along with each other. And to do that we have to respect each other.I hope you can control you anger If you cant you wont be in this game long.

The mantra in my trading plan is ‘Calm, Decisive & Never Give Up’. Well that is the exact opposite of what I demonstrated today. I made some points on one trade, but I’m getting really down on myself for the lack of decisive action on my signals and its becoming a vicious circle at present. The signals are there and calling out to me, but the rational part of my brain seems to be vetoing them at present.

I’m going to go back to 5min charts because my performance has dipped since I started on 3min charts (more signals, but more noise, and currently more missed signals!!). I’m not blaming 3min charts because I know my fear levels seem to have risen in the last week – not sure why. Last Wednesday didn’t help because walking away in a sulk is not the way forward for sure. I need to get back to a more carefree attitude I had 2-3 weeks ago.

S1 (L) - signal not taken - incredibly my bias was short
S2 (L) - signal not taken - clear signal but 14:57 candle freaked me out of long
S3 (S) - signal not taken – poor concentration
S4 (S) – nice entry at 641 and I exited just before 639 support at 639.2 – not an exit signal – but there was no selling on this pullback and so I was keen to lock in quickly
S5 (L) – nice continuation long – but I just watched it and didn’t act.
S6 (S) – ditto S5 – circle pretty viscous at this point.
S7 (L) – signal not taken – local powercut meant I was out of action for 20 minutes.
S8 (L) – signal not taken
S9 (L) – ditto S6

One out of 9 signals taken……what a mind f**k
Points +1.8pts (not inc commissions)

Onwards and upwards……….

Attachments

• 241005 Signals.png
    241005 Signals.png
    40.5 KB · Views: 149
I like your posts Jessop. They make me laugh. It's like watching myself 4 years ago. You're beating yourself up too much.

I trade the e-mini Russell, I haven't studied your system closely, but it looks like you might want to step back for a week and paper trade it, to get your confidence up a bit. If you're scared of losing on your positions then you'll short change your system.

It's all too easy to be too eager early on. Take a deep breath, have a good look at what you're doing right, and wrong, maybe try adding a alternative filter to your system, you should try reducing the number of trade signals your system gives, leaving better reward/risk signals, avoid jumping between time frames, 5 mins works fine for me, then jump back in with the cash.

What you're doing here is admirable, but self destructive, you don't have to commit hara-kiri in front of everyone. There's a time for charging around like a bull in the proverbial China, and there's a time for consolidating what you've learnt to date. A few days paper trading and reflection will re invigorate your trading and get you back on course.

Pace yourself and chill. You're cleverer than most *******s, realize it!

Hi Ziggle,

Thanks for that. Sounds sensible to me.

I just can't understand where all this fear has come from ?

I think my expectations are getting unrealistic again. Because I have reduced the amount of time available to trade, I feel I have to chase the market a bit more than I did 2-3 weeks ago.

I think a move back to basics to get the confidence back is probably a sound move.

Cheers

Jessop,

since you have an IT background, have you considered taking the emotions out of your trading completely and programming your system for full automation - through a platform like TradeStation or Neoticker?

I suppose it depends largely how subjective your rules are and whether you could explain them effectively to a computer, but if they are clear cut then why not take yourself out of the equation since your system seems to pick great entries and you would seem to be the weakest link, no disrespect intended.

Hi Arb,

I have considered this long and hard and just can't see how my entry /exit rules could be automated. The issue is price relative to the three other data feeds. There are no easily definable trade entries such where value X drops below 80, when MACD crossover is completed etc. They are clearly discretionary in nature and not 100% objective.

Thanks for the feedback.

Jessop

Can you tell us what the other data feeds are? I ask because in software like TradeStation it is possible to reference data other than that you are trading, in order to generate signals. It does depend on what data you require though.

Simon

jessop said:
Hi Arb,

I have considered this long and hard and just can't see how my entry /exit rules could be automated. The issue is price relative to the three other data feeds. There are no easily definable trade entries such where value X drops below 80, when MACD crossover is completed etc. They are clearly discretionary in nature and not 100% objective.

Thanks for the feedback.

Jessop - making me dizzy

Hello Jessop,

You are making yourself ill and me dizzy.
Just come back to basics and forget the fancy stuff and focus on making consistent points.

If you want me to tell you a simple way to start doing this, just ask, no PM´s
It is 5 lines long and you can vary it to your own satisfaction.

Commander,

I've certainly valued your quality feedback to date.

What is the 5 lines back to basics message you would advocate ?

Cheers

jessop said:
Commander,

I've certainly valued your quality feedback to date.

What is the 5 lines back to basics message you would advocate ?

Cheers

Well, having made that provocative statement concerning the 5 lines to basics,
you may well be flooded with a variety of "tune ups" after this posting.

1 Trade only in the direction of your moving average, so your accuracy>66%
2 Trade only in the direction of your MACD, it may be a shorter TF or = ma, but never longer
3 Wait until your momentum indicator turns against your MACD. It may be a shorter TF or =
MACD, but never longer.It may need to cross a threshold. ie stoch(2,1) +/-50
4 Set stops so av. W >2.5*av. L and never let win trade back into a loss trade.

There you, I have done it in 5 small lines!!!
That is a good mornings work.

Just one more thing Jessop

Just one more thing Jessop.
I bet you cannot turn these 5 lines into a consistent money maker.
I bet your brain is pitched at such a level that the sheer simplicity of these 5 lines
slides start under your radar.
I bet your brain is screaming to you that there is a hook in all this. After all, it is FOC

This is an exchange between Soc & I yesterday. You might find it engaging.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=17095&page=3&highlight=trade+journals

Well time to call it quits in turns of journal writing. I need to concentrate on the basics and not flogging myself over every missed signal.

Going back to 5mins today felt good and it resulted in a few nice entries:

S1-S3 – at work
S4 – nice entry and exit
S5 – nice entry – wanted to enter in 20:20 bar - exit a little too early (a few points left on the table) :cheesy:

See blotter for details…

Many thanks for all those posters who have made the journal certainly rewarding from my end.

I will still be posting on a US daytrading thread elsewhere with fellow ER2 groupies.

Cheers

Jessop

Attachments

• 251005 signals.png
    251005 signals.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 216
  • blotter 25-10.png
    blotter 25-10.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 217
jessop

I see you are finishing on here and Elite trader. are you going back to you day Job?

jessop said:
Well time to call it quits in turns of journal writing. I need to concentrate on the basics and not flogging myself over every missed signal.
Cheers
Jessop

Hi Jessop.
PM me anytime if you just want to chew things over.
I have changed my bet. I reckon that you will become consistently profitable

Saludos

Hi DT,

Obviously english comprehension is not one of your core competencies.

You'll have to reread my posts and check in on ET.

Maybe you could convince the yanks that Moon Cycles are the next EW theory :eek:

Cheers its been emotional DT

Thanks Commander.

Your feedback has been one of the big pluses of writing this journal.

I'll keep in contact for sure.

Cheers