Plain Vanilla Options Trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Socrates professes that writers have the edge then I believe him, unquestionably, and I don't need to know anything about Options trading
You have an interesting philosopy on life, I'm sure many Nazis believed unquestionably, as do many fundimentalists. There is nothing wrong with a questioning mind, indeed it will be a much more enlightened one than the one that does not. Of course the method of questioning is a whole other issue.

roguetrader said:
You have an interesting philosopy on life, I'm sure many Nazis believed unquestionably, as do many fundimentalists. There is nothing wrong with a questioning mind, indeed it will be a much more enlightened one than the one that does not. Of course the method of questioning is a whole other issue.

I remember reading somewhere that if someone makes a refernce to Nazis during a debate in forum then they have lost the debate :)

There is a BIG difference between inqusitive questions, accusations and demands for secrets to be revealed. I have no intention of trading options based on Socrates' words. I simply can't undersatand why he is the target of such scorn and contempt. But I suppose it is how he says, his reluctance to reveal methods only serves to infuriate those who don't know how to trade.

This post is dedicated to Glenn.

#########################

Trade 15 was left blank.

I am going to activate it....imminent.

You have 10 minutes to tell me when to put a trade in within this timescale.

I am going to write 3 or 5 FTSE INDEX 100 Puts 6225 @ 1000 or thereabouts.

I am giving you this opportunity so you can pick the moment and then you can look on your screen and see them going in, live.

If you do not respond, i am going to do it anyway.

It is up to you, because I have already done the number crunch and I have decided.

Notice:~

######

Post 885 above., re Trade number 15

The contract month is MAY

The 1000 refers to £1000 in money.
I thought it better to leave it untouched and to correct the two typos with this post. Thank You.

new_trader said:
1) I have no reason to think Socrates is a liar
2) I have every reason to believe Socrates knows a great deal about options trading
3) I have every reason to believe Socrates is an Elite Trader with an edge.

I have come to the above conclusions based on what I have witnessed in this and other threads.

If Socrates professes that writers have the edge then I believe him, unquestionably, and I don't need to know anything about Options trading nor does he require providing me with "proof". I take what he says on face value and with faith. In the same way that I (and I suspect many people here) don't need to see a pilots credentials, or the Boeing aircraft blueprints and aerodynamic calculations before boarding a flight.

new_trader,

you dont need to see Boeing blueprints, because the aircraft has to go through a design/build/test phase, prior to certification for airworthiness.
then, all other aircraft built from those blueprints would have the same level of standards etc.
(you would still need to be able to decipher the blueprints!)

by the time you step onto one, you know they have been flying successfully anyway.
unfortunately, checking blueprints wouldnt have prevented the Comet crashes (due to metal fatigue around the windows)

A pilots flying credentials does not prevent him from having a heart attack either.

looking at blueprints would not have highlighted the outlier black-swan event of icy-cold night prior to a space shuttle flight that caused the O-ring seal failure that resulted in the catastrophic Challenger event.

I have commended Socrates on posting his trades, but the issue is of him holding them to expiry (since 85% expire worthless) hasnt been addressed.
As has been mentioned before, other issues arise regarding margin requirements, and volatilities, that ducati has addressed somewhere. (also DashingBlade)

Although I "feel" the writer has the edge, and have voted "W", I want to quantify the outliers and have a plan in place for them.

I applaud Socco for posting his trades, and better still, for making profits.

It has already been asked, if he is just good at picking market direction, and are options the best vehicle?

SOCRATES said:
It goes deeper than that. Being able to call the market direction is not enough of itself, it is a help but it is not everything.

It is having a complete understanding on a holistic basis of the scenario as a whole rather than aspects of it that makes the difference.

socrates

Yes, I go along with that. However, on that very same basis, is it not difficult to isolate one potential edge from another in the overall scene? I suppose one way would be to assume that all else is without edge and equal. On that basis, would it be right to say that your position is that writers have the edge over buyers all other things being equal?

jon

Here goes...

Trade number 15. ~ ( four more trades left to complete the series )

Writtten 3 X FTSE 100 INDEX puts May 6225 @ 110 = £3300 = Thank You.

Just written this minute ~look at this timestamp and look on your screen right now.

barjon said:
socrates

Yes, I go along with that. However, on that very same basis, is it not difficult to isolate one potential edge from another in the overall scene? I suppose one way would be to assume that all else is without edge and equal. On that basis, would it be right to say that your position is that writers have the edge over buyers all other things being equal?

jon

Yes, correct.

new_trader said:
I remember reading somewhere that if someone makes a refernce to Nazis during a debate in forum then they have lost the debate :)
What a quaint world you live in.

new_trader said:
There is a BIG difference between inqusitive questions, accusations and demands for secrets to be revealed.
Already covered......
roguetrader said:
Of course the method of questioning is a whole other issue.

new_trader said:
I have no intention of trading options based on Socrates' words. I simply can't undersatand why he is the target of such scorn and contempt..
I have no contempt for Socrates, or anyone else on these boards for that matter. My point was that if indeed you are a "new trader" you will encounter a great deal both written and spoken in an authorative manner, you cannot accept it all at face value, you should question all of it. Of course how you present your questions may go a long way to determine what sort of answer you get.

Since this has nothing to do with the thread I will desist from further comment.

SOCRATES said:
I amassed a huge collection of works and everntualy it became surplus to my needs......I got fed up with having to cart around every time I moved house.......I decided... to include them in a huge bonfire at the weekend, and so the whole lot went up in smoke. It took five hours to burn the lot.

If history has taught us anything it is that the most reasonable way to deal with an excess of books is to bung the whole lot on a ruddy big fire.

And then invade Poland.

Attachments

• hohum.JPG
    hohum.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 422
CYOF said:
I am sorry to say, as it will disappoint a lot of my Irish colleagues, but MY OPINION is that:

Murphy's Law Is Flawed

http://www.murphys-laws.com/

If you like I will show you how it is flawed, but only if Socrates agrees to it to be posted on his thread - if not, I will post on another thread, as there is enough side tracking as it is here.

I will not debate it, nor ague it, nor tit for tat it, I will show how a simple extract from a writing, many years ago, shows how everything that happens in the world is not Fixed - and as Murphy said, "if it can happen, it will happen", is not true for all things.

It is MY OPINION - you can of course draw your own, for it is a democratic society we live in.
If you don't mind, will you please post this on another thread,

The Little Circle would probably be just fine. Thanks, CYOF.

roguetrader said:
What a quaint world you live in.

Already covered......

##########################################################################
I have no contempt for Socrates, or anyone else on these boards for that matter. My point was that if indeed you are a "new trader" you will encounter a great deal both written and spoken in an authorative manner, you cannot accept it all at face value, you should question all of it. Of course how you present your questions may go a long way to determine what sort of answer you get.
###########################################################################
Since this has nothing to do with the thread I will desist from further comment.
Yes exactly and what happens is that when fundamental truths are laid out in front of you lot, somehow....:LOL: ...you manage to mess up your own reasoning and come up with the most incrdible and arcane conclusions.

Why is this ? All of it, I am sure, is attributable to not thinking correctly, and what is more, those who are not able to think correctly seem to take a delight in trying to corrupt those few who are.

I have witnessed this many times...it is phenomenon of crowd behaviour which I find horrific.

Just read below about what I have to say about the majority and their ideas....:LOL:

Spam Man said:
If history has taught us anything it is that the most reasonable way to deal with an excess of books is to bung the whole lot on a ruddy big fire.

And then invade Poland.
Those are not books, they are Reichbanknotes of 1000 Marks denomination.

I would hazard a thought in your case, you are not in any condition to burn either books or banknotes anyway.

So it is better for you to inwardly reflect as to the true causes of the spam you generate.:rolleyes:

SOCRATES said:
Here goes...

Trade number 15. ~ ( four more trades left to complete the series )

Writtten 3 X FTSE 100 INDEX puts May 6225 @ 110 = £3300 = Thank You.

Just written this minute ~look at this timestamp and look on your screen right now.

Socrates, I was just online with the other work, so, I take it this is the trade, for clarity, that is.

SOCRATES said:
If you don't mind, will you please post this on another thread,

The Little Circle would probably be just fine. Thanks, CYOF.

No problem, will do.

Regards,

CYOF said:
Socrates, I was just online with the other work, so, I take it this is the trade, for clarity, that is.

Don't you start as well/

All of them are very clear.

All of them are displayed in real time with a timestamp and a corresponding live entry on screen.

For the goodness sake. Really really hard work this is becoming.

I wish I had never started this.

SOCRATES said:
I would hazard a thought in your case, you are not in any condition to burn either books or banknotes anyway.

You're right, I'm not in the condition to burn books or banknotes. The condition you refer to, presumably, being that of utter derangement. Or were you just very drunk?

I see we have moved no further forward.
More trades have been placed, but no evidence as to who called or placed them, just Socrates posting them. Sir, if you think that this is evidence then you are either fooling yourself or others, or both.
For example, there has been some conjecture by others here that someone called bulldozer is calling and executing the trades. If that were so, then he could quite easily be on the telephone, or Skype or mobile etc priming you and telling you what to post.
You have to accept that this is a possibility given that your 'evidence' does not disprove it.
Anyone can see the Liffe 15 min delayed prices for free - here is the link.
www.liffe-data.com/PricesPageAll.aspx?t=OESX/O.LI
Just change the expiry month to whichever one you wish to see. There is no need to post pictures of it when it is freely available to all.

And then there is the matter of proving writers edge, which seems to have got lost despite it being the topic in hand. Any arguments put forward to demonstrate that no proof has been provided have just been dismissed out of hand and therefore those arguments remain unaddressed and the edge unproven.

Glenn

SOCRATES said:
Don't you start as well/

All of them are very clear.

All of them are displayed in real time with a timestamp and a corresponding live entry on screen.

For the goodness sake. Really really hard work this is becoming.

I wish I had never started this.

You can always stop, soccy. No one is twsting your arm. You are too funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.