Pin Bars

galvinjoe

Hi,
New here so please excuse any repetition of previous posts or naivety.
I trade Forex and I've been looking at a lot of price action trading and regarding pin bar formations,
If a pin bar (or what looks to be a pin bar) forms within a 15 minute time frame but is not entirely clear within a 60 min/30 min/10 minute time frame does this mean it should be ignored? Should a real and strong pin bar show across multiple timeframes for it to be acted upon?
Thanks

Last edited:
Hey G

welcome..........

man o man did you pick the right candle shape to discuss

lookup "james 16" who built a business around pinbars and his followers.......

see you in a couple of months after you read all of his work
N

A simple answer would be just stick to one time frame and avoid the confusion :)

I use the 1hour tf , I check the charts at 5 to the hour, if there is a trade I take it, if not I walk away and get about my other business/life/drinking/excercising/dog walking etc lol.

It a fairly stress free way of trading.

Eye balling charts is a fairly stressful way, IMO

Sticking to a one time frame is asking for disaster!!!
specially for the lower time frames like 1 hour.
A lower time frame (like 1 hr) should be used to time entry and not for analyzing it.

The idea of pin bars is good, combine that with support/resistance levels and price action at these levels and you have something to work on.

Hi,
New here so please excuse any repetition of previous posts or naivety.
I trade Forex and I've been looking at a lot of price action trading and regarding pin bar formations,
If a pin bar (or what looks to be a pin bar) forms within a 15 minute time frame but is not entirely clear within a 60 min/30 min/10 minute time frame does this mean it should be ignored? Should a real and strong pin bar show across multiple timeframes for it to be acted upon?
Thanks

A pin bar is a renamed rehashed candle stick formation , all these gurus who talk about pin bars are confused with snake oil in their minds .These phucked up traders are deluded and can't trade , so they rehash p/a and get knobs more confused .

Just learn how to google maybe you will get clean unbiased information , free from snake oil ,confusion and delusion.

The first thing is to clear the head of this shat!Secondly keep away from these failures who can't trade for a living.Go back to basics and accept a simple candle stick ..as a candle stick ( not some snake oil name)

Introduction to Candlesticks - ChartSchool - StockCharts.com

If you don't succeed at trading , then start using fancy names and become a guru.

A lower time frame (like 1 hr) should be used to time entry and not for analyzing it.

The idea of pin bars is good, combine that with support/resistance levels and price action at these levels and you have something to work on.

Excellent summary(y)

I agree with 15 min tlb, for every one pin bar that worked you can find 10 that did not. read price action form the whole chart not one candle.

I agree you should watch different time frames. For example if there is a strong resistance on 4H chart then probability is high that we have at least a small correction on 5 min and 15 min charts.
It also depends on your trading style of course