Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
daily total: 2 trades

+10 full points

Weekly total:

trades: 10

+40.5 full points

not to bad for 3 days trading, next week i am working on and off so will be trading on and off not sure exact times yet

have a great weekend everyone

daily total: 2 trades

+10 full points

Weekly total:

trades: 10

+40.5 full points

not to bad for 3 days trading, next week i am working on and off so will be trading on and off not sure exact times yet

have a great weekend everyone

Thanks Pocrel for everything,have a great weekend.

thanks KLW,

sorry just got back in the door and had a look at this s and p trade which i got out of by the skin of my teeth, i will talk about why i really got out next week but here are the other trades that if we had the chance to take all worked pretty well and the loss on the s and p would have been nothing to your nice healthy profit from the others

so you had eur/usd or eurgbp and brent also

charts
eurusd.gif
eurgbp.gif
brent.gif

afternoon, unable to trade due to work but just managed a look at the charts

ftse chart

great trade
ftse.gif

aud/usd
audusd.gif

did anyone catch these trades?

Just got in on this silver trade and its moved extremely fast.

*Got out at 4320 for +55*

Attachments

• silver1.png
    silver1.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
thanks for the post people, just waking up and taking a look at my charts, i dont have all my lines drawn so if i am missing trades please let me know

i cant see many losses out there,

usdjpy would have got 1 to 1 r/r
usdjpy.gif

nice winner on eurjpy
eurjpy.gif

and i am sure some oil traders took this double pins giving an idea where oil is heading today
wti.gif

Hi pocrel, body of pin going through the pivot on USDJPY a valid trade? (on graph you posted).

Hi pocrel, body of pin going through the pivot on USDJPY a valid trade? (on graph you posted).

you right geewcee, the body is border line but that positive close of the pin makes me pay attention to it, if it was slightly lower i would have dismissed it, but the close is above the S1 so its good enough for a long for me, if you want to be picky then you could dismiss it

Hi pocrel, I'm just learning your system so I can maybe take trades like that one in future.
Thanks for your feedback.

I wasnt around much today and managed to take 3 trades and lost money on all:( one of them brent 8:30 in the morning that turned into a winner but gave me too much pain initially that I came out with a loss.

then I took the usdjpy trade pocrel highlighted but typically didnt come out at 1:1 and the news on USA downgrade did me

and finally went long brent and got stopped out (the only failed trade out of 7 set ups today).

Chart attached shows both brent signals.

from the 7 set ups I see there were 4 winners (going much further than 1:1): aususd, eurjpy, brent, ftse.

2 x 1:1 : usdjpy and audusd (12 - 12:30 pm)

1 loser: brent that I took (n)

Attachments

• Daily Brent Crude (Jun) 1 (18-APR-11).png
    Daily Brent Crude (Jun) 1 (18-APR-11).png
    24.3 KB · Views: 339
I found another 2 set ups - on wti - one winner and one loser (which I missed!).

Attachments

• Daily US Light Crude (May) (18-APR-11).png
    Daily US Light Crude (May) (18-APR-11).png
    21.7 KB · Views: 219
you right geewcee, the body is border line but that positive close of the pin makes me pay attention to it, if it was slightly lower i would have dismissed it, but the close is above the S1 so its good enough for a long for me, if you want to be picky then you could dismiss it
Interesting point...I think given my failed brent trade yesterday (same set up as usdjpy but much longer bar), its best to take the set ups where the bar is relatively short.

morning all from chicago, a wet cold one too, shame as london is nice and warm. Not really able to trade this week due to all the travel and wont be trading next week due to holidays in marbella so the journal will be slow till then

as for today i can see the system has had a few losers and my autopivots are way off from live charts so always double check the levels

wti chart
wti fail.gif

loss of -27 full points

eur/usd chart
my auto pivots way off from live charts so going with live chart levels
euro fail.gif

loss of -21 full points

silver chart
silver winner.gif

win +17 on half a position, other half still on

thats all i can see so far, if anyone has any trades or win or losses please add, i will try to update later if i see anymore, all good for learning

trade alert folks short wti crude now 10947 stop 10981, better enty on retrace of pin

morning all from chicago, a wet cold one too, shame as london is nice and warm. Not really able to trade this week due to all the travel and wont be trading next week due to holidays in marbella so the journal will be slow till then

as for today i can see the system has had a few losers and my autopivots are way off from live charts so always double check the levels

wti chart
View attachment 111098

loss of -27 full points

eur/usd chart
my auto pivots way off from live charts so going with live chart levels
View attachment 111100

loss of -21 full points

silver chart
View attachment 111102

win +17 on half a position, other half still on

thats all i can see so far, if anyone has any trades or win or losses please add, i will try to update later if i see anymore, all good for learning

Been safe so far today (but bored). I was out getting the bike MOT sorted so missed the wt and EUR trades (wouldnt have taken the EUR though as on my charts the bar looks too short and squat. More like a drawing pin than the sort of pin i like to take). Dont watch Silver (shame).