http://www.infj.org/typestats.html

http://209.15.29.56/myersbriggs/personhome.htm

Some more facinating reading about the types and how they
cope under stress..

http://psy.rin.ru/cgi-bin/eng/razdel.pl?r=28

Some more links (by Van Tharp)

http://www.iitm.com/Weekly_update/Weekly_155_feb_4_2004.htm

http://www.iitm.com/Weekly_update/Weekly_157_feb_18_2004.htm

Ill post the next few Van Tharp links as they become available..

BTW im an INTJ..

Last edited:
hmm, im an ENFP:-

You are:
slightly expressed extrovert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

slightly expressed feeling personality

very expressed perceiving personality

pretty spot on :)

FC

darrenf,

Yes it does.. I think the INTJ might get most votes, lets see..

Taken from one of the above links:

The Portrait of the Mastermind (iNTj)

Of the four aspects of strategic analysis and definition it is the contingency planning or entailment organizing role that reaches the highest development in Masterminds. Entailing or contingency planning is not an informative activity, rather it is a directive one in which the planner tells others what to do and in what order to do it. As the organizing capabilities the Masterminds increase so does their inclination to take charge of whatever is going on.

It is in their abilities that Masterminds differ from the other Rationals(NTs), while in most of their attitudes they are just like the others. However there is one attitude that sets them apart from other Rationals: they tend to be much more self-confident than the rest, having, for obscure reasons, developed a very strong will. They are rather rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population. Being very judicious, decisions come naturally to them; indeed, they can hardly rest until they have things settled, decided, and set. They are the people who are able to formulate coherent and comprehensive contingency plans, hence contingency organizers or "entailers."

Masterminds will adopt ideas only if they are useful, which is to say if they work efficiently toward accomplishing the Mastermind's well-defined goals. Natural leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command of projects or groups, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once in charge, however, Masterminds are the supreme pragmatists, seeing reality as a crucible for refining their strategies for goal-directed action. In a sense, Masterminds approach reality as they would a giant chess board, always seeking strategies that have a high payoff, and always devising contingency plans in case of error or adversity.

To the Mastermind, organizational structure and operational procedures are never arbitrary, never set in concrete, but are quite malleable and can be changed, improved, streamlined. In their drive for efficient action, Masterminds are the most open-minded of all the types. No idea is too far-fetched to be entertained-if it is useful. Masterminds are natural brainstormers, always open to new concepts and, in fact, aggressively seeking them. They are also alert to the consequences of applying new ideas or positions. Theories which cannot be made to work are quickly discarded by the Masterminds. On the other hand, Masterminds can be quite ruthless in implementing effective ideas, seldom counting personal cost in terms of time and energy.

Last edited:
In view of the fact that up to 95% of traders lose money, does that imply if you are an "NT" you have a higher chance of being a net loser ?

I would be more interested to know what the 5% of consistently successful traders are so does anyone know ?

Paul

I'm an INTP, so another NT.. (fascinating stuff, and soo true!)

Portrait of an Architect (iNTp)

Of the four aspects of strategic analysis and definition it is the structural engineering role - architechtonics - that reaches the highest development in INTPs, and it is for this reason they are aptly called the "architects." Their major interest is in figuring out structure, build, configuration - the spatiality of things.

As the engineering capabilities the INTPs increase so does their desire to let others know about whatever has come of their engineering efforts. So they tend to take up an informative role in their social exchanges. On the other hand they have less and less desire, if they ever had any, to direct the activities of others. Only when forced to by circumstance do they allow themselves to take charge of activities, and they exit the role as soon as they can without injuring the enterprise.

The INTPs' distant goal is always to rearrange the environment somehow, to shape, to construct, to devise, whether it be buildings, institutions, enterprises, or theories. They look upon the world - natural and civil - as little more than raw material to be reshaped according to their design, as a formless stone for their hammer and chisel. Ayn Rand, master of the Rational character, describes this characteristic in the architect Howard Roark, her protagonist in The Fountainhead:

He was looking at the granite. He did not laugh as his eyes stopped in awareness of the earth around him. His face was like a law of nature-a thing one could not question, alter or implore. It had high cheekbones over gaunt, hollow cheeks; gray eyes, cold and steady; a contemptuous mouth, shut tight, the mouth of an executioner or a saint. He looked at the granite. To be cut, he thought, and made into walls. He looked at a tree. To be split and made into rafters. He looked at a streak of rust on the stone and thought of iron ore under the ground. To be melted and to emerge as girders against the sky. These rocks, he thought, are here for me; waiting for the drill, the dynamite and my voice; waiting to be split, ripped, pounded, reborn, waiting for the shape my hands will give to them. [The Fountainhead, pp 15-16]

Many regard this attitude as arrogant, and INTPs are likely, especially in their later years, after finding out that most others are faking an understanding of the laws of nature, to think of themselves as the prime movers who must pit themselves against nature and society in an endless struggle to define ends clearly and adopt whatever means that promise success. If this is arrogance, then at least it is not vanity, and without question it has driven the design engineers to take the lead in molding the structure of civilization.

I'm an iNTp - under stress.

I'm way concerned at my abillity for selfdoubt under stress, Or at least I thing I am. Well most of the time I'm almost pretty certain on the whole.

Scary.

Trader333,

Perhaps some of the succesfull traders here could take the test
guys like Naz and Mr Charts and others.. Then you might
get an answer to your question..

I think Richard Dennis was an NT..

Curtis Faith (a Turtle) says he is an NT.

Last edited:
The Portrait of a Fieldmarshal (eNTj)

"I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?"

Of the four aspects of strategic analysis and definition, it is marshalling or situational organizing role that reaches the highest development in Fieldmarshals. As this kind of role is practiced some contingency organizing is necessary, so that the second suit of the Fieldmarshal's intellect is devising contingency plans. Structural and functional engineering, though practiced in some degree in the course of organizational operations, tend to be not nearly as well developed and are soon outstripped by the rapidly growing skills in organizing. But it must be said that any kind of strategic exercize tends to bring added strength to engineering as well as organizing skills.

As the organizing capabilities the Fieldmarshal increase so does their desire to let others know about whatever has come of their organizational efforts. So they tend to take up a directive role in their social exchanges. On the other hand they have less and less desire, if they ever had any, to inform others.

Hardly more than two percent of the total population, the Fieldmarshals are bound to lead others, and from an early age they can be observed taking command of groups. In some cases, Fieldmarshals simply find themselves in charge of groups, and are mystified as to how this happened. But the reason is that Fieldmarshals have a strong natural urge to give structure and direction wherever they are -- to harness people in the field and to direct them to achieve distant goals. They resemble Supervisors in their tendency to establish plans for a task, enterprise, or organization, but Fieldmarshals search more for policy and goals than for regulations and procedures.

They cannot not build organizations, and cannot not push to implement their goals. When in charge of an organization, whether in the military, business, education, or government, Fieldmarshals more than any other type desire (and generally have the ability) to visualize where the organization is going, and they seem able to communicate that vision to others. Their organizational and coordinating skills tends to be highly developed, which means that they are likely to be good at systematizing, ordering priorities, generalizing, summarizing, at marshalling evidence, and at demonstrating their ideas. Their ability to organize, however, may be more highly developed than their ability to analyze, and the Fieldmarshal leader may need to turn to an Inventor or Architect to provide this kind of input.

Fieldmarshals will usually rise to positions of responsibility and enjoy being executives. They are tireless in their devotion to their jobs and can easily block out other areas of life for the sake of their work. Superb administrators in any field -- medicine, law, business, education, government, the military -- Fieldmarshals organize their units into smooth-functioning systems, planning in advance, keeping both short-term and long-range objectives well in mind. For the Fieldmarshals, there must always be a goal-directed reason for doing anything, and people's feelings usually are not sufficient reason. They prefer decisions to be based on impersonal data, want to work from well thought-out plans, like to use engineered operations -- and they expect others to follow suit. They are ever intent on reducing bureaucratic red tape, task redundancy, and aimless confusion in the workplace, and they are willing to dismiss employees who cannot get with the program and increase their efficiency. Although Fieldmarshals are tolerant of established procedures, they can and will abandon any procedure when it can be shown to be ineffective in accomplishing its goal. Fieldmarshals root out and reject ineffectiveness and inefficiency, and are impatient with repetition of error

Training worked :cheesy:

CJ

Attachments

• greenspana.jpg
    greenspana.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 2,922
Last edited:
Considering that only 2% of the population are supposed to
be INTJ and 3% INTP, we have got a lot of votes for them so far..

My computer crashed half way through! Then it started laughing at me and called me a wierdo.

I'm always a bit sceptical about these things, as I believe your answers depend on how you feel at the time. Maybe we should take the test several times - once every other day to see what a consistent result is? Maybe its just because I dont like what I see/ in denial?

Im an infj:

Beneath the quiet exterior, INFJs hold deep convictions about the weightier matters of life. They tend to be mistaken as super human at times due to their all round ability and skill, not to mention their sexual prowess in the bedroom and trading floor. They are often able to consume gigantic quantities of beer and fine wine.

People who come into contact with infj's are often awe inspired by their ESP abilities, especially their ability to see the unknown. They are not known to suffer from ego problems - honest - lol!

Nice post DD well done.

ENTP.....just!

When I did this test last year all areas were pretty conclusive, except the P & J section, where I only slightly leant towards the P side.

I bet this indicates that I have a split personality! "No it doesn't."

Rgds

Marcus.

Rgds

Me too.

I'm an eNTj, a "Fieldmarshal".

It's news to me but I've taken to strutting around with one hand tucked inside my shirt. :cheesy:
All I need is some shiny leather riding boots and a crop!

I share BBB view on the sceptical thing.

I believe a test can only be as good as the person or people writing it. And 'Jung Type' is more theory based than actual fact. What sort of sample of data has been used to make descriptions of 'this type of person does this, in this situation' The only way people could really find out is if they found God/Mother Nature's blueprints for how the human brain works! And i haven't heard that proclaimed on the news lately. All other work is just theory as were not in a position to be all and know all about ourselves.

Interesting a320 - I'm an ENTJ too, but not happy about the connection with Sir Alan! :confused:
Great thread DD.
Cheers
Quercus