Perfect trading software!

Heya VolatileN,

Doing research on pairs trading on the net, I found this website which offers programmable software so you can design up your own systems. They've got a tutorial on writing code for a pairs trading system. I don't know if you've seen it or if it might be of any use to you, but check out http://smartquant.com/help/tutorial1/index.htm

Seeya,
Charlesk

charlesk said:
Heya VolatileN,

Doing research on pairs trading on the net, I found this website which offers programmable software so you can design up your own systems. They've got a tutorial on writing code for a pairs trading system. I don't know if you've seen it or if it might be of any use to you, but check out http://smartquant.com/help/tutorial1/index.htm

Seeya,
Charlesk

Thank you for directing me there.

I have actually used one of their programs before and found it to be good. I think it would be of limited use to users without programming / other quant skills though.

If you see anything else please give me a shout!

Cheers,

VN

I have found that Nostradamus and Acetrader are either unreliable or just plain slow. Nostradamus is a lagging indicator and no good to someone who is expert like me (MSTA).
PRONET set at History 100 and with just 2 or 3 ranger bands is a licence to print money when the chart moves out of the congestion bands. 100 or more points a day is easy.

philhackett said:
I have found that Nostradamus and Acetrader are either unreliable or just plain slow. Nostradamus is a lagging indicator and no good to someone who is expert like me (MSTA).
PRONET set at History 100 and with just 2 or 3 ranger bands is a licence to print money when the chart moves out of the congestion bands. 100 or more points a day is easy.

How do you mean? "Licence to print money", you mean it works well for you and you're making heaps of profit? In what way? What do you mean by "set at History 100" and "2 or 3 ranger bands"? I haven't used PRONET before so don't know it's settings. Are you talking about options or stocks, pairs trading or simply movements on the stocks? History 100 of volatility, IV or what?

philhackett said:
Nostradamus is a lagging indicator and no good to someone who is expert like me (MSTA).

Lagging indicators aren't that useful for us plebs either....