Pepperstone manipulation?

I actually found it hard to track down 5 min chart from the period, i would like to have seen it mt4 obviously but doesn't appear to be carried by sb providers, even the offshore ones I have. yahoo finance recorded the spike, so it did exist!

While it can be speculated as to why the unregulated brokers did not appear to record this event, I believe this may be due to the historical nature of the original posting and a live view may have shown something different.

Capture78.PNG

Who cares about hugosway here......surely the issue is the manipulation from Pepperstone! Not the first time I have heard about it from this particular broker either!
The original post in this thread was stating the price feed from Hugosway was accurate. The point being made is that it doesn't matter if the price on a chart is accurate if you cannot close the trade at the price displayed as has been the case with many of those who tried to close a trade and were prevented from doing so based on supposed "Liquidity provider issues" which as previously stated is total nonsense for any bucketshop.

It is also clear that most of those posting in this thread use Hugo, Cedar or Eagle as you keep promoting them. The original poster says he uses Hugosway and elsewhere in the past said he used Cedar which is another bucketshop based at the same address.

The agenda to promote offshore bucketshops by trawling through charts to find price discrepencies for regulated brokers is blatantly obvious.

So @LuckyMac, how long did it take you to even find the Pepperstone discrepenecy as it would have required you opening a demo account with them and then trying to find an example where price doesn't match?

It is also noticeable that there is no scale on any of the charts posted which is needed for a direct comparison and the scaling doesn't look right. So some time in the next week I will see if I can post a DMA price chart that will be accurate from the broker I use which isn't any of the above including Pepperstone.

Pepperstone are not alone in showing this event, it may be just down to individual pricing feed/quote engines. Looking forward to any dma info.

spikes occur with

yahoo finance
netdania charts
idc (international data corp)
easy markets
wh selfinvest
pepperstone
forex.com
city index
oanda
saxo
capital.com - down spike only
currency.com - down spike only

do not occur with

hugo
ic
global prime
skilling
blackbull

Pepperstone are not alone in showing this event, it may be just down to individual pricing feed/quote engines. Looking forward to any dma info.

spikes occur with

yahoo finance
netdania charts
idc (international data corp)
easy markets
wh selfinvest
pepperstone
forex.com
city index
oanda
saxo
capital.com - down spike only
currency.com - down spike only

do not occur with

hugo
ic
global prime
skilling
blackbull
So what does this mean then?

The original post in this thread was stating the price feed from Hugosway was accurate. The point being made is that it doesn't matter if the price on a chart is accurate if you cannot close the trade at the price displayed as has been the case with many of those who tried to close a trade and were prevented from doing so based on supposed "Liquidity provider issues" which as previously stated is total nonsense for any bucketshop.

It is also clear that most of those posting in this thread use Hugo, Cedar or Eagle as you keep promoting them. The original poster says he uses Hugosway and elsewhere in the past said he used Cedar which is another bucketshop based at the same address.

The agenda to promote offshore bucketshops by trawling through charts to find price discrepencies for regulated brokers is blatantly obvious.

So @LuckyMac, how long did it take you to even find the Pepperstone discrepenecy as it would have required you opening a demo account with them and then trying to find an example where price doesn't match?

It is also noticeable that there is no scale on any of the charts posted which is needed for a direct comparison and the scaling doesn't look right. So some time in the next week I will see if I can post a DMA price chart that will be accurate from the broker I use which isn't any of the above including Pepperstone.

It was actually on FPA if you must know and had nothing to do with Hugosway I then checked Hugos feed and it wasnt there either so i put another comparsion up. I didnt do any trawling whatsoever. I dont have an affiliation with any brokers. I dont post links i dont care who you use. By all means go and get your own charts up. I will try and find a better picture of the 3 areas and it was only a week after it happened that i posted. So it wasnt like months ago. Its obvious you don't use unregulated brokers and thats fine you must have a 20-40K bankroll which i certainly dont have. I have never had a problem with the ones i use and i wont even name them because its irrelevant to this post.

You have literally turned this thread into a hunt about Hugosway. What about IC markets? They were in the picture too. I was just alerting to an obvious anomaly i found on a site and thought id share. I added Hugos as it was another one to make sure it was what it was.

What is your take? I believe this can only suggest steering clear of brokers with dodgy prices, which to me looks indeed like the offshore crowd.
to me this looks like best steering clear of Pepperstone, who I have seen this before with on social media people posting.

to me this looks like best steering clear of Pepperstone, who I have seen this before with on social media people posting.

Yet it's not only pepperstone that show this price activity/anomaly. In fact if you cast your eye from eursgd over to gbpsgd and usdsgd it can be seen there too, but not apparent on eurgbp or eurusd. So what was going on with Singapore dollar? not much I can find in the news other than lunar new year holidays.

Have just spotted it's not at all a one off spike it appears to be a regular occurrence at around 10pm UK time.

20 mins to go :eek:

I am not in disagreement and just noticed that it is MT charts where this spike is seen which switch to a new day at 10pm. Even the chart I just posted shows a gap bang on 10pm which are often seen at session start times.