Pepperstone manipulation?

LuckyMac

Just seen this from Pepperstone, 50 pip manipulation so I checked my Hugosway and IC Markets and both nothing like that. So much for regulated brokers being so great. I’ll avoid Pepperstone for sure.
Pepperstone manipulation FB.png

I feel sorry for those who were in a trade with Pepperstone when this incident took place. It is a thought provoking thing for those who believe that investing with regulated brokers means they are 100% safe. Things go wrong with regulated brokers too. In fact, off shore brokers are better here if we consider these three charts.

If you look for issues with any broker then they are easily found and how do you know anyone was even in a trade at the time as all you have there is a MT price feed. Price cannot be manipulated by DMA access brokers who are regulated because you are not trading against the company as you are with any other set up. Also this review completely crushes one of the above brokers you have listed as being better than regulated ones.
1644412397900.png

That's shocking! I don't trade with them personally but I have a friend that does, so I'll be sure to ask him if he's aware of this. Good to see them getting called out for it.

If you look for issues with any broker then they are easily found and how do you know anyone was even in a trade at the time as all you have there is a MT price feed. Price cannot be manipulated by DMA access brokers who are regulated because you are not trading against the company as you are with any other set up. Also this review completely crushes one of the above brokers you have listed as being better than regulated ones.
View attachment 313148

Dude, you can literally find 1 star reviews about any company on the internet if you look for them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_6934.png
    Screenshot_6934.png
    144.2 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_6933.png
    Screenshot_6933.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 313148
that is just one review though. I have used the above broker and never had an issue. Personally I would take an offshore broker all day long over a supposed better "regulated" one.

Never been a fan of them personally and this is more reason not to use them, I’ve used Hugosway quite a lot and never had an issue with them or seen manipulation like this. I’ll be sticking off shore.

Dude, you can literally find 1 star reviews about any company on the internet if you look for them.
True story, there are many disgruntled customers and traders that hold the broker responsible, it's like a way to remove blame from their crappy trading strategy.

It's a little different when brokers are running rogue on the charts and adding moves that didn't happen. This needs investigation but will be passed over by the regulating body for sure.

View attachment 313148

How do you know someone wasnt in a trade? Im so surprised you are defending them so much. Thats the real issue retail traders like all of us take it lying down constantly just because a broker is 'regulated'

Also ive used Hugosway for years. I have never had a problem. I like Hugosway and ICM. You know anyone can write a review on Trustpilot with no evidence, them 3 charts are what is happening at that time and i would of rathered been with Hugosway than Pepperstone

Just seen this from Pepperstone, 50 pip manipulation so I checked my Hugosway and IC Markets and both nothing like that. So much for regulated brokers being so great. I’ll avoid Pepperstone for sure.View attachment 313140
LOL, the candlestick movement on that is CRAZY. From a normal ranging market to complete chaos in a short period. Not good for scalpers. Just goes to show doesn't it, a supposed top broker has big problems with their feed's. ill steer clear from them after seeing that

While I think this probably happens with quite a few brokers I didn't think Pepperstone were one of them. Poor form.

the MT4 or platform candles show the manipulation happening from the broker clear as day. with regard to broker reviews any one can write good or bad ones of these but the candle movement just shows a clear difference in price which is not good when using them as a broker. i understand spreads and stuff like that but this looks like a clear manipulation in favour of the broker.

There are a “LOT” of negative reviews about your preferred brokers (which aren't even a proper broker anyway) There are also a lot of obvious fake reviews about how great they are and they are easy to spot.

Trade2Win also has a lot of the same type of one to two line posts that have no value and then start promoting the same 3 brokers all of which are connected to each other. It is noticeable that the negative reviews say the same thing and that an email was sent after money was lost blaming “Liquidity provider issues” which is total nonsense. All these companies are Bucketshops which is the same as a Bookie and means that any trade you take with them is against them and so they must hold all the money of their clients and therefore cannot have liquidity issues.

If they really did have liquidity issues then you would be insane to use them as it means they don’t have the funds to cover their clients trades. Of course we can expect all the above listed gang to immediately jump on board the “I would never use a regulated broker” nonsense etc so to give a fair chance to all of you who are using these 3 same bucketshops, then why not post a screenshot with your details removed showing that you really do have an account with them? That way it will prove that everyone saying they use them actually do.

Also when people post negative reviews that are false they don’t go into the level of detail that this guy did who got the “We have had a problem with our liquidity provider….” excuse that so many others have also said they got as well.

The only way to ensure that you are not trading against the company you are using is to go to a Direct Market Access (DMA) broker.

Scammers. Robs you of your funds and claims 'no liability' ALWAYS
VERY SUSPICIOUS activity. Won't let you close trade in profit. Either due to 'liquidity provider' is 'down,' or 'server' is 'down,' or etc... This is the second time in the past year something like this has happened.
Despite the plethora of 'bad reviews' and what appears to be 'fake reviews' found online on hugosway, I wanted to believe they were legitimate because of the variety of assets to trade on their platform and especially due to being able to fund and withdraw via bitcoin. However, having experienced 'not being able to close trades' TWICE within a year, for the same very 'suspicious' reasons stated as 'liquidity provider' issues.... I now report this online. So, what happened this time is;
*I couldn't close a trade in profit, whilst getting the error 'off quote' being displayed.
*I contacted them via their ONLY AVAILABLE MEANS of contact which is their 'live chat' on their website. Upon explaining the situation, and asking many many questions demanding some sort of actual feasible answer, after the very generic 'the investigative team has been notified and they will look into it and respond by email...' answer, after more questions, finally they responded 'the systems are down and the teams are aware of it..... our liquidity provider is also aware of it.....' And 30 minutes or more later, no response by email, no fix to the problem, nothing...
*I specifically asked them to answer "what happens to my funds while i wait for your team to answer via email? what is the trade goes against me? what if my account gets liquidate?....." To which, NO ANSWER AT ALL. Only a constant repeat of 'our team is looking into it right now and will follow up via email....' again and again and again.
*While i still wait with no follow up from this 'investigative team' to answer via 'email,' my account is about to get liquidated as markets move, and now the trade has gone against me
***I have ALL OF THIS DOCUMENTED via screen capture both pictures and video recording the live chat conversation via their website, and recording my mobile phone screen proving hugosway not letting me close my trade in profit on MT4
****FYI, this is NOT THE FIRST TIME SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAS HAPPENED. It happened either earlier this year (2021) or late last year (2020) as well. But last time something like this happened, they actually DID follow up relatively quick via email, rectified the situation, and made right with my funds lost as a result of the incident. HOWEVER, this time round, it is a much larger amount, a much bigger of a problem and situation, and apparently is happening to EVERYONE USING HUGOSWAY AT THIS EXACT CURRENT TIME SIMULTANEOUSLY.
Also, maybe i'm mistaken, but if it's really a 'liquidity provider' system down issue, it shouldn't take more than a few minutes if that at all for them to contact them to alert of a system down issue and to rectify it immediately. And as it's clear as day, it's all a lie, they are manipulating peoples' trades, i.e. highway robbery of peoples' live funds.
It seems i cannot upload screenshots and videos here, which i wanted to share with the world, to prove how blatantly hugosway is a illegitimate broker, displaying extremely suspicious behavior, all pointing to blatant 'robbery' of peoples' money.
>>> UPDATE: a few hours later..... Hugosway emails me;
They email after all of this, more than 4-5 hours later, NO APOLOGY, NO SOLUTION, NO ACCOUNTABILITY, AND DEFERRING THE BLAME ONTO THEIR 'LIQUIDITY PROVIDER,' CLAIMING NO LIABILITY FOR ANYTHING AT ALL. In addition, by this time, I went to bed only slept for 3 hours due to anxiety from this matter, the trade had gone way far against me and my trade was auto-closed and account liquidated. To which, again, hugosway claims 'NO LIABILITY. IT WAS THEIR LIQUIDITY PROVIDER, THUS, THEY ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE.' Serious!!!!?????
To prove, this is their actual email text copied and pasted here = "Dear Jung,

Please note that you can close your trade now. There was a disconnection on the side of our liquidity provider and some crypto pairs were not available during that time.
"
>>> FACT = HUGOSWAY IS A SCAM 100%, HUGOSWAY LITERALLY CAN ROB YOU OF YOUR FUNDS 100% AS PROVEN 100% FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS,T HUGOSWAY WILL REFUSE TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR SYSTEM ERRORS BY BLAMING EVERYTHING ON THEIR 'LIQUIDITY PROVIDER' (THEY'VE DONE THIS LITERALLY EVERYTIME ANYTHING WENT WRONG WITH THEIR PLATFORM, ALWAYS THE SAME ANSWER OF 'THE LIQUIDITY PROVIDER IS DOWN' FOR ANY AND ALL PROBLEMS, MEANWHILE THEY ARE DOING WHAT > TAKING YOUR MONEY!!!!!! AGAIN, I SAY ALL THIS FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE USING HUGOSWAY FOR OVER A YEAR (SINCE JULY OR AUGUST 2020). SO AGAIN, TO BE CLEAR > "HUGOSWAY IS 100% A SCAMMING BROKER, THEY WILL ROB YOU OF YOUR MONEY."

I heard about this..not a currency pair I trade nor a broker i use. But nonetheless disgusting to see. I remember hearing how pepperstone being an Australian based broker had opened regulated offices in the Bahamas and joking around I thought, matter of time they'll be manipulating prices soon enough if theire trying to slip tighter Australian regulation.... not so funny to see for real though. 50 pips may not seem alot to some traders, but to a scalper trading larger positions over a smaller range, could have been a devastating blow.... not one to judge peoples risk management but it happens, and for it to be just an in house movement making it even worse. Really look forward to hearing any public address regarding this tbh, be interesting to hear what that have to say about it, or notas the case may be. Hope no one here who uses them got caught out by this.

There are a “LOT” of negative reviews about your preferred brokers (which aren't even a proper broker anyway) There are also a lot of obvious fake reviews about how great they are and they are easy to spot.

Trade2Win also has a lot of the same type of one to two line posts that have no value and then start promoting the same 3 brokers all of which are connected to each other. It is noticeable that the negative reviews say the same thing and that an email was sent after money was lost blaming “Liquidity provider issues” which is total nonsense. All these companies are Bucketshops which is the same as a Bookie and means that any trade you take with them is against them and so they must hold all the money of their clients and therefore cannot have liquidity issues.

If they really did have liquidity issues then you would be insane to use them as it means they don’t have the funds to cover their clients trades. Of course we can expect all the above listed gang to immediately jump on board the “I would never use a regulated broker” nonsense etc so to give a fair chance to all of you who are using these 3 same bucketshops, then why not post a screenshot with your details removed showing that you really do have an account with them? That way it will prove that everyone saying they use them actually do.

Also when people post negative reviews that are false they don’t go into the level of detail that this guy did who got the “We have had a problem with our liquidity provider….” excuse that so many others have also said they got as well.

The only way to ensure that you are not trading against the company you are using is to go to a Direct Market Access (DMA) broker.
Who cares about hugosway here......surely the issue is the manipulation from Pepperstone! Not the first time I have heard about it from this particular broker either!

You would hope they would but the uncertainty until the money is back in your account must be unnerving. Bet it makes a few people stop and think.

I really hope they are sorting this issue out for their loyal customers, reimburse them and make concerted efforts to not let it happen again .
Like seeing a doctor brokers can be wrong or misleading that's why I use a second got to have a plan B ready to go

Who cares about hugosway here......surely the issue is the manipulation from Pepperstone! Not the first time I have heard about it from this particular broker either!
I was thinking the same...Pepperstone has obviously been caught manipulating prices and I think people should be well aware of that. Not sure why it turned into an argument of Hugosway or whatever broker being a bucketshop. This also isn't the first complaint I've seen about Pepperstone in general over the past few months on various forums, so this seems to be a pattern with them.

Not good from them. I hear they have history of this. Pleased that the other brokers mentioned are not doing this