Just to clarify for my own understanding:
1. Only futures are exempt from PDT considerations.
2. So any opening AND closing activities on the same day and same symbol are considered to count. Stocks AND options.
3. If I open 16 positions stocks and close 16 positions options no PDT counting is involved.
4. If I buy 600 shrs IBM, sell same day 200 shrs and write options on the remaining 400 PDT count is 1.
5. If I sell or buy 16 different positions (Symbols) and due to US opening 3 get stopped out at 9 pm - thats it, ´finish finito, cash injection to gain > 25K acctn size or stopping of new openings for 90 days. Only closing transactions permitted. Or you sell options, as premium will be added to your accnt instantly - even if it will definately be a loss-trade (like DIM).
So: any 2 opposite trades in the same symbol on the same day with stocks or options will be counted.