Paper trading

min6485

I know that it is good to paper trade until one has a system, or set up that has consistent wins.
My problem is I can paper trade, paper trade, but not having the consistent wins as needed if anything I keep breaking doing set of twenty trades.
I am very detail with my journal entries on what I am doing I feel that it is something very small keeping me from having consistent wins.
I understand that there will be losses in trading that I understand clearly because the market will do what it wants to do
I live trade for years micro currencies and did okay nothing to brag about, but there was no volume.

Just thought I will vent off a steam
Thank You

Paper trading is artificial and is of limited use once you have a working system. A 40% win rate is fine so long as you run the winners, and cut losses.

Paper trading is essential, but only if used properly. You registered nine years ago. If you haven't made sufficient progress and you've been maintaining a detailed journal, then perhaps you should consider soliciting comments from other members. That is after all what a forum is for. Open up a journal in the "journals" section. These are self-moderating, so you don't have to worry about trolls. Otherwise you may well be in this same position nine years from now.

Db

Last edited:
forget paper trading

trade real small with real money and learn the right way

Paper trading is important as it helps to try skills without financial risks and without any influence of psycological issues.

Trading real small with real money, actually, should be the next step, when the trader already has general understanding of what is going on.

What you are saying is so true, my problem has been me not being consistent on what I am doing such as going from system to system, market to market giving them a chance. What that did was made me look at my personal life, and see other areas that I am inconsistent in. Therefore I have to be consistent in my personnel life, and the trading will follow suit. There comes a time in everybody's life when they get sick and tried, sick and tried. Then the change will follow in my case it's being consistent, and treat my trading like it's a JOB.
Thank You

Paper trading is useful, but not definitive.
I always advise people to paper trade first to gain experience of the market and confidence in methodologies. However, once you trade for real then emotions take the front seat all too often and paper results might not be replicated as a result unless you have strong self discipline and control.
BUT, if you cannot be "profitable" paper trading, then you have as much chance of being consistently profitable in the real world as of maintaining your sanity reading or hearing about Brexit.

Paper trading is useful, but not definitive.
I always advise people to paper trade first to gain experience of the market and confidence in methodologies. However, once you trade for real then emotions take the front seat all too often and paper results might not be replicated as a result unless you have strong self discipline and control.
BUT, if you cannot be "profitable" paper trading, then you have as much chance of being consistently profitable in the real world as of maintaining your sanity reading or hearing about Brexit.

It's all about consistency I have found that has been my problem not the markets, but me. This round of paper trading had done me all the good in the world because I have the little nitch that has been the problem. Some time we can be our own worst enemy for greed I am learning you have to take what the market gives you and that's it regardless of the amount, and be consistent with your risk.
God Bless

It is widely used by first time traders who want to practice and learn how to trade before they trade with real money. Other users of paper trading are experienced traders who want to test new strategies and most importantly learning about themselves as traders. Needless to say this is a very useful tool in the trading world.

The transition from paper to real trading is usually a disaster as it does not represent your actual performance. Give me one hour and I'll show you where you have gone wrong

I know that it is good to paper trade until one has a system, or set up that has consistent wins.
My problem is I can paper trade, paper trade, but not having the consistent wins as needed if anything I keep breaking doing set of twenty trades.
I am very detail with my journal entries on what I am doing I feel that it is something very small keeping me from having consistent wins.
I understand that there will be losses in trading that I understand clearly because the market will do what it wants to do
I live trade for years micro currencies and did okay nothing to brag about, but there was no volume.

Just thought I will vent off a steam
Thank You

After 10 years, that's all the steam you're going to vent? Just one steam? And you, you coming from Compton, CA? The boys in Compton can let out a blizzard of super-heated steam that can scare the daylights out of the clowns in Beverly Hills - and they can do this in one salvo.

Mom's burger on Alondra blvd., guzzle some whisky at the back door and knock down a burger and put on a trade man.

After 10 years, that's all the steam you're going to vent? Just one steam? And you, you coming from Compton, CA? The boys in Compton can let out a blizzard of super-heated steam that can scare the daylights out of the clowns in Beverly Hills - and they can do this in one salvo.

Mom's burger on Alondra blvd., guzzle some whisky at the back door and knock down a burger and put on a trade man.
What do you know about Mom's burger? Good trading to you

What do you know about Mom's burger? Good trading to you

Been there and loved it. Go into Compton to play basketball with some of the meanest cats. Burgers and beer after. Never been shot at. :)

Been there and loved it. Go into Compton to play basketball with some of the meanest cats. Burgers and beer after. Never been shot at. :)
Compton is not what people think it is in fact; it's no worst than any other U S city. Within this city you hard working men, and women.
I use to live in Detroit trust me Compton is a paradise compare to a lot of those eastern cities.

Compton is not what people think it is in fact; it's no worst than any other U S city. Within this city you hard working men, and women.
I use to live in Detroit trust me Compton is a paradise compare to a lot of those eastern cities.

Yes Sir, agree with you completely. Its a fine place. Compton = down-to-earth people = my kind. Ditto for Gardena, CA - shocked when I went there - all sorts of multi cultures, all sublime, had coffee and a pastryin a Korean bakery off of Western Ave. So pleasant and down to earth I didn't want to leave. Its now on my once a week visit