Paper trading platforms

JRich

Just want to get some opinions on the best paper trading platforms out there... I need something that will allow me to try as many strategies/approaches possible including some of the more advanced strategies like spreads... I just want to paper trade now... any suggestions????

jrich

try these boys :

http://www.poweropt.com/

.......they do a 14 day free trial, quite a good options site I think.

rog1111

JRich said:
Just want to get some opinions on the best paper trading platforms out there... I need something that will allow me to try as many strategies/approaches possible including some of the more advanced strategies like spreads... I just want to paper trade now... any suggestions????

Presumably you mean paper trade as in simulated execution?

maybe look into paying for the velocity futures simulator on the X Trader platform, cant get much moe advanced than that. you get a bunch of simulated futures markets across several exchanges with fairly realistic simulation of fifo fills, and you can spread between markets.

I dont think their sim server runs calendar contracts out further than the front month however, so calendar spreads are out.

Sim X Trader was something like $50 a month, or free if you open an account and put $5k in it.

sorry, just realised this is the options forums... doh!

ignore my previous post, i was talking about futures.