OzFx System :) 100-800 Pips Per Trade

Firstly this looks really interesting and thanks for sharing!

Just wondering if anyone has done any significant back testing of this method (in the region of several years).

Thanks, Ben

I just scrolled 4 times over this thread and no where did you enter any of the following positions.

eur/jpy, aud/jpy, nzd/jpy: shorts eur/gbp: short.

.. let alone a few lots.

G'mornin Augustus :)

Looks like you might have to slip a blindfold on one or two of your customers?

They might just wander in here, cast a lazy eye at young Oz Fx's performance & switch camps?? :-0

I hope all that Cowboying & fence mending isn't taking it's toll on your back over yonder? Nice to see you're retaining your good spirits.

Not sure what you referring to, can you post some charts.

Are you taking about the AES entry I took. you can refer here Advance Entry Signals (AES) | OzFx Forex System

I am sorry currently I could not link to any charts, so I will use your original chart in the first post, which started this thread. In words I meant that unless I missed some additional rules, but one more short signal had to be generated on 23rd of November, 2007 and another one on 18th of December, 2007. Both of them satisfied the condition: AC and stot are below 0. But both signals were generated in the low of swing and, therefore, it would be more difficult to trade in such situation. I assume that you could filter those signals with some additional filtering rules, though they were not shown or mentioned. If your system did not generate short signals on the mentioned dates, then I'd like to know "why".
Thanks a lot.

I am sorry currently I could not link to any charts, so I will use your original chart in the first post, which started this thread. In words I meant that unless I missed some additional rules, but one more short signal had to be generated on 23rd of November, 2007 and another one on 18th of December, 2007. Both of them satisfied the condition: AC and stot are below 0. But both signals were generated in the low of swing and, therefore, it would be more difficult to trade in such situation. I assume that you could filter those signals with some additional filtering rules, though they were not shown or mentioned. If your system did not generate short signals on the mentioned dates, then I'd like to know "why".
Thanks a lot.

I see what you saying. We use 200SMA as a filter. It basically says if the price is above 200SMA then only look for longs and vice versa for shorts.

Perhaps in the Sample trade I pointed out only the obvious trades. Look at my blog now we follow each trade day by day.

Hi oz

Hi Oz,
Didnt think i'd see you posting on t2w, you must be pretty tired keeping up with all these different forums. Just an ote to the guys on here I've been folowing this sytem over on another forum from pretty much the the first thread and it really is worth your time looking further into this. There aren't many sytems which hold more water than this one.

Once again good on you oz

Hi Oz,

First of all, thanks for sharing your strategy, it is really interesting. I'm pretty new to FOREX so I hope the following questions won't sound very stupid.

When do the transactions actually take place, at the opening of the first bar after the signals? The application that I use for back testing won't let me use 2 indicators on the same sub-chart, so the 0 for the AC is it equivalent with 50 for Stochastic?

Also to make sure that I programmed correctly the AC, is this right? : AC = AO - average(last 5 AO), where AO =average(last 5 median price) - average (last 34 median price).

Thanks,
Diez

How do i place d stochastic on the AC,great system.joe

1. Apply AC from indicator menu.
2. Click on Navigator on the toolbar.
3. Locate Stot under Indicators.
4. Click on Stot , hold the mouse key...drag it on top of AC.

That should do it my friend. :)

When do the transactions actually take place, at the opening of the first bar after the signals?
The open of the signal bar.

The application that I use for back testing won't let me use 2 indicators on the same sub-chart, so the 0 for the AC is it equivalent with 50 for Stochastic?
Not sure...but you can try.

Also to make sure that I programmed correctly the AC, is this right? : AC = AO - average(last 5 AO), where AO =average(last 5 median price) - average (last 34 median price)

It looks ok but I would ask why re-invent the wheel. I recommend using ODL demo for charts and place trades on your choice of broker.

OzFx

hello

Hello Oz, just a quick couple of questions.

Firstly, do you mind telling me how long you have been using this system. I find it very productive indeed and am just looking to find out more on it's longevity.

Secondly, would you say this system works just as well on other markets e.g indices, commodities etc.

Thanks.

The open of the signal bar.

Not sure...but you can try.

It looks ok but I would ask why re-invent the wheel. I recommend using ODL demo for charts and place trades on your choice of broker.

OzFx

Thanks for your answers,

I was trying to back test your method and I needed that stuff for my own backtrack application. I already installed ODL and using your strategy things look good. I guess I will test it manually:p.

odl

Hi Oz -- The odl demo platform is only available for 30 days any suggestions for after that period ?

Please see my blog for updates. I post signals at 7PM EST every day on my blog. These trades were entered on Fri last week :)

Check out the attachemnt. Also note that profit shown is in PiPs not $ :)
Your a complete liar.

DT
(n)

Please see my blog for updates. I post signals at 7PM EST every day on my blog. These trades were entered on Fri last week :)

Check out the attachemnt. Also note that profit shown is in PiPs not $ :)
So where are the additional 'lots' ?

The attachment still only shows 1 'lot' for each of the pairs mentioned.

DT

Hi,

Anyone who's testing this system, did you catch the latest move of GBPCAD? If you check it on the 2.27 you can see how the AC went under 0 (red lines) and the STS was under 0 in the same time. The filter won't affect the trade here since the sma is well above the price so using the oz.fx system this would be perfect for a short position. However I was curios of when everybody would see the entry for this one.

Oz, I think I managed to find your blog ,the problem is that I didn't saw any entry for gbp/cad between 21F and march. Did you have any reasons to neglect this trade or did you simply had to many trades in progress?

Thanks,
Diez

Hi Oz.Fx,

I just came across your post and I would like to say thank you for sharing your system with us. It looks pretty impresive. Good work.

I just check your last alert on GBP/USD pairs. Sorry if I am asking stupid question but I am new to this and still learning. What set up did you use for this alert? Why did you go long?

Regards
Sneja

Hi Oz.Fx,

I just came across your post and I would like to say thank you for sharing your system with us. It looks pretty impresive. Good work.

I just check your last alert on GBP/USD pairs. Sorry if I am asking stupid question but I am new to this and still learning. What set up did you use for this alert? Why did you go long?

Regards
Sneja
Hi Sneja,
This topic was extensively discussed on my forum and can I ask you to read it over there.

Cheers,
Oz

Hi,

Oz, I think I managed to find your blog ,the problem is that I didn't saw any entry for gbp/cad between 21F and march. Did you have any reasons to neglect this trade or did you simply had to many trades in progress?

Thanks,
Diez

Yeah you are right...there was an valid signal..It think I choose to trade other pairs that day.

So where are the additional 'lots' ?

The attachment still only shows 1 'lot' for each of the pairs mentioned.

DT

If you notice that image is from ODL demo account, where I don't place 5 lots. I put 5 lots on my real account with MBT.

Hi DT,
You have complete right to your opinion however comments like that need to be based on facts. :)

I am happy to clarify any doubts you have and help you get started with the system.

Cheers,
OzFx