Outages; VirginMedia; Backup broadband; Failsafes

trendie

Legendary member
Yesterday, I was one who had his VirginMedia broadband fail. At 1:17pm, and still wasn't available at 11pm.
All good today, back to normal.
I have the normal fallbacks: For each of my active accounts, I have a print-out of my account number, and direct phone lines to the broker, in case a trade is left hanging.

What back-up systems do you have in place?
Do you have a back-up internet provider, in cases of an outage?
I am guessing stick, as your normal one is a cable or fibre coming into the house?

Are there any failsafes you have in place, in case of power or broadband outages?

Any modern day smartphone allows its use as a modem and it is pretty good when I have used it as such. It is more than adequate for closing trades etc and is very easy to use.

Yes, have contingencies in place.

Backup power for short duration periods that safeguards against critical data loss.

Backup Internet provision (very basic as not intended for use in anything other than emergencies).

Backup Access via mobile apps in case all else fails !

& if all that is out of action, well, then there is a bottle with wax seal to break open ......

Actually, Vigin and Vodafone and many others become really expensive with bad services this year, it’s better to find other providers or a back-up provider. I can recommend a cheap back-up internet. I have tried many different providers. And in the end, I was advised to use https://usave.co.uk/broadband/. I used it for two months and the benefit was very large. Now I only use it. And if you are looking for something cheaper that you should consider this option. There are different packages there. You can choose the one you like.

Last edited: