Other fx systems

I have ordered Linda Foresters "Perfect Forex trading" for under £30!!!!!!!!!!!!
It wooks on candle formations and she gives a live blog every day.
You need to read up on candlesticks first but you don't use other indicators

I will let you know how I get on

I have ordered Linda Foresters "Perfect Forex trading" for under £30!!!!!!!!!!!!
It wooks on candle formations and she gives a live blog every day.
You need to read up on candlesticks first but you don't use other indicators

I will let you know how I get on

Good luck mate - I've had nothing but grief and confusion from that system. Willing to accept that it could be me who is as dumb as cheese. :|

Good luck mate - I've had nothing but grief and confusion from that system. Willing to accept that it could be me who is as dumb as cheese. :|

I'll send you some e-books on candlesticks if you want which helped me understand the mechanics because I'm no rocket scientist either:LOL:
Send me your e-mail and I will get them over to you (y)

I'll send you some e-books on candlesticks if you want which helped me understand the mechanics because I'm no rocket scientist either:LOL:

Hey Piphead,

I'd be really interested in reading those e-books if you'd be so kind.:D

Have just PM'd you.

Thanks in anticipation
Chris

Forex Gold Trader

Hi There

I'm very tempted to purchase the following EA:

http://forexgoldtrader.com/

The EA basically takes advantage of the current strong up-trends in Gold and Silver - it only places buy orders, and never sell orders.

Since it only places buy orders, I'm wondering if things could turn very nasty with this EA if a correction in Gold and Silver takes place.

I'm wondering if some of the more experienced traders can spot any pitfalls associated with this EA?

Cheers
Winnerman

Re: Forex Gold Trader

Hi There

I'm very tempted to purchase the following EA:

http://forexgoldtrader.com/

The EA basically takes advantage of the current strong up-trends in Gold and Silver - it only places buy orders, and never sell orders.

Since it only places buy orders, I'm wondering if things could turn very nasty with this EA if a correction in Gold and Silver takes place.

I'm wondering if some of the more experienced traders can spot any pitfalls associated with this EA?

Cheers
Winnerman

The obvious one being what happens when the bull run ends?

I've been looking for a method that trades the Tokyo range and came across this method on Forexfactory, it originates from a guy called Craig Harris. It looks very promising it gets you in sync with the markets natural flow. Best of all it's free and if you read through the thread you'll find some very useful indicators.

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=211188

ive put my version here:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex-net-trap/99944-net-trap-variants-explained.html

.... I have some tweaking of my own and have live trade data on what i did (but after looking at Marks Spreadsheets, I think I better tidy mine up... the data is for me to understand only).

However, what i did was to use a two trade approach (my intention was to minimise any losses should the market reverse) ie I would use the normal "VNT" (as you all now call it) BUT another trade double the stake what your VNT is but on a 10pip SL and 10L (a 1:1 ratio). However, do watch your total MM% may need it to be higher.

As a simple Example:

£1 per pip VNT 30:50
£2 per pip (R- Reducer) 10:10

* Should you win all 50 pips Profit = 50+20= £70 profit (or whatever profit after 10pips).

* Should it go in your direction atleast 10pip but reverse = -30+20= -10 loss (compared to -30: hence why the higher MM% if it did this)......

BUT

* Should it totally go wrong>> its -30-20= £-50 loss (now as some variant have changed SL to 40... this is 10 more of the loss in value).

It like the "G-Code" or the "Nixus" method of trading.

Ill get my spreadsheet on when I have made it more presentable.

PS have trading data since min June 2010 to Nov 2010

I was aked about the 3 ducks in a pm, but i may as well put my answer on here.

The 3 ducks is a fairly simple system and you can get 80% of what it is all about from the free e-book.

The 2 or 3 hour course, i can't remember how long, is very useful in that it goes over all the aspects of what you need to do and then throws in a few extra things as well so that you can make it set and forget.

It is KISS

From the private chatroom over at systemsfortraders (you have to have done the course to get in) it seems a lot of people have trouble making it work profitably.

It is very discretionary along with the entry and exit points, it's a strategy rather than a system.

I papertraded 8 different currencies with 3 different entry and exit strategies.
All the currencies lost money except the EUR/USD (all 3 strats won money) and USD/CAD (1 strat made money)

I will be trading 3ducks live with real money on the EUR/USD with small stakes from next week on the EUR/USD and USD/CAD(maybe).

I'll let you know how it goes.

Hi Piphead - would really appreciate a copy of those candlestick e-books too iff poss - have PM'd you :)

Maz

I think that was another person called Jacko on forex factory.
i'm not sure though.
i think i read a thread about it on the main board here somewhere

James 16 doesnt have a 'system' as such he just uses price action and fibs, s/r etc to trade. He likes 'pin bars' (there's another name for them but they are those long pointy ones) at points of confluence. The trick is spotting the confluence. He has a website that is still up and running. Havent visited it for a while. You pay for a year's access and then you're a free member for life. I dont think it was worth the money but there are some, I am sure, who will disagree.