Other fx systems

Short Spreads isn't and MT4 platform,
Smart Live Markets is the only spread betting MT4 platform out there.
Contact Mark and he will give you a refer a friend link which will get you some extra money form your initial trading.

Sorry RT I got it wrong. I have opened Smart Live Markets. Yet to sort my way through it all. Getting some very detailed e mails regarding the system Xtreme Pip Poacher so if no one else has tried it I will get to grips with it and report back.

i think I'm going to join in on Tomorton's FTSE BB thread.
He's up to version 3 of the system and it is now much much simpler, which is what stopped me before.
It now has a negative RRR but the strike rate is between 70 & 80%. 10TP & 15 SL

Could be a source of some simple pips

He's up to version 3 of the system and it is now much much simpler, which is what stopped me before.

I feel unqualified to be so cheeky to you - but is there really anything as some simple pips :innocent:

hah!
no there isn't. but we can dream...

also, we're all equal on this forum. mutual help to our goals!

Hi RT. How do I find this Tomorton's FTSE BB Thread? I'd like to find a system on the FTSE again. Last year I traded John Piper's Profit before Work on the FTSE with some initial success but then it failed (like so many do).

Anybody still trading FX Friday? Bought it myself and like many others decided to send it back and
certainly don't regret that decision, would be interesting however to see if anyone kept it and
made any profit over time using it.

Has anyone come across:
The DMC Forex Strategy by Neil Leitch published by Canonbury Publishing Ltd
I just had a marketing email about it, seems to trade using an alert set up in Meta-trader, it sounds rather like Autofocus FX..
Any info most welcome, thanks....

Review has been posted today over at Systemsfortraders. Doesn't look good from their tests, but that was just Dec/Jan so I'm willing to reserve judgement for a few months.

Has anyone come across:
The DMC Forex Strategy by Neil Leitch published by Canonbury Publishing Ltd
I just had a marketing email about it, seems to trade using an alert set up in Meta-trader, it sounds rather like Autofocus FX..
Any info most welcome, thanks....

I bought this system some time ago (possibly 18months -2years ago) and I wish I had got a refund when I still had the chance. Neil Lietch seems to be an honest enough sort of chap and really tries to make it work, but sadly the losses always outweighed the gains. He kept coming up with alternative strategies to improve results, extra indicators etc but without much success and I eventually just gave up with it. For all I know it might now be working quite well, so by all means give it a go, but I would strongly suggest that if it is not working satisfactorily by the end of the trial period, return it for a refund. Don't leave it too late!

I bought this system some time ago (possibly 18months -2years ago) and I wish I had got a refund when I still had the chance. Neil Lietch seems to be an honest enough sort of chap and really tries to make it work, but sadly the losses always outweighed the gains. He kept coming up with alternative strategies to improve results, extra indicators etc but without much success and I eventually just gave up with it. For all I know it might now be working quite well, so by all means give it a go, but I would strongly suggest that if it is not working satisfactorily by the end of the trial period, return it for a refund. Don't leave it too late!

There is no strategy , fixed time or price action based, that will not run into a loss period at some point. However some of the better one's like JW's AutofocusFX will be pulling profit on at least a few instruments it is capable of trading on when one main one is hitting a losing streak.

GBP/USD had it first poor run in Janauary after 12months + of success, but EUR/JPY made great profits in January and EUR/USD made nice profits January too.

I have traded it on a lower 1 to 1 RRR on EU for late Jan / Feb and it is doing ok. Not sure how GU is doing again as I stopped trading / following it. I actually cuaght a Affx GU trade for 25 pips friday while waiting outside MacDonalds Friday morning while the wife was getting us some late breakfast. Got an email allert, hooked the Laptop to the Blackberry, logged into SLM, refreshed the Affx EU chart, waited 10 mins for a Pending short adjuted a fews times to grab entry. Shut down laptop, finished breakfast drove to DIY stores, drove home. 25 pips made @ £5 pip. Official trade at 50 pips target never made it and stopped out eventualy later in the day. It's about being flexible.

But as IMHO Affx being price, not time based is one of the best out there it does show that if the instrument traded is hitting a "funny, eratic" compared to the trading method it will start to take losses. Our modded FNT made profit in January on GU, only one other similar did too, all others lost money.

This is why being flexible, good MM and not overtrading is crucial for the long term.

M

I agree entirely with your post beau, I've had exactly the same experience with DMC.

I'll send you some e-books on candlesticks if you want which helped me understand the mechanics because I'm no rocket scientist either:LOL:
Send me your e-mail and I will get them over to you (y)

Good morning Piphead,
maybe cheeky but could Ihave those ebooks as well please.
Will PM you.
Thanks. J

I actually cuaght a Affx GU trade for 25 pips friday while waiting outside MacDonalds Friday morning while the wife was getting us some late breakfast. Got an email allert, hooked the Laptop to the Blackberry, logged into SLM, refreshed the Affx EU chart, waited 10 mins for a Pending short adjuted a fews times to grab entry. Shut down laptop, finished breakfast drove to DIY stores, drove home. 25 pips made @ £5 pip. Official trade at 50 pips target never made it and stopped out eventualy later in the day. It's about being flexible.

Hey Mark,

Do you run MT4 on the laptop or do you remote desktop back to a main workstation/VPS? Only, being a bit of a geek, I'm thinking of doing a little guide for people wanting to trade from many locations reliably and just wondered what you're preference was?

Marcus

Hey Mark,

Do you run MT4 on the laptop or do you remote desktop back to a main workstation/VPS? Only, being a bit of a geek, I'm thinking of doing a little guide for people wanting to trade from many locations reliably and just wondered what you're preference was?

Marcus

I have my SLM MT4 live account on my home office PC and my laptop too. I use my Blackberry Torch as a tethered modem within the 500mb momthly data plan. Works a charm. But obviously that means manual entry trades only, no EA's as the blackberry net connection is mobile 3G broadband not ADSL.

However even with a fair bit of MT4 and shedloads of Affx email alerts in January along with normal blackberry email and net use still did not go over 500mb inclusive Vodafone data use. But if you used it for Laptop net connection for several hours a day you would use it up before months end i'm sure and have to pay £5 for another 500mb ( or two!)

M

Hi Chaps

Have a read through this :-

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=275947

A very interseting system, based on probability and risk/money management, very interesting and similar in a lot of respects to VNT

Nice one stricky1967, this looks like a very interesting approach. I'm not sure how robust a system is if it depends on the scaled MM approach this one uses, unless there is an underlying characteristic that the market moves more at the start of the week/month, but it did tweak my interest too.

Yes I found it interesting too ....

' For Clarity... I would NOT expect this system to work without the money management.'