What trading system or method do you guys use?

I use my awesome 1billion% profitable system.

You can find it in this forum somewhere. Thread title is something along the lines of "Never lose ever! 1000% Winning system blahblahblah"

You sure can! As long as you include a few seasons of Top Gear I'll be pleased as punch to share it with you.

I am just interested to see what trading system or method you guys use and how successful both the systems/methods are as well as how successful you are as a trader.

Do you trade purely price action, a combination of indicators, do you scalp or do you use a system you bought etc?

I am quite new to trading and there are loads of systems/methods out there and many good ones. Some times when trying to find a system that suits me it seems a little like information overload due to the number of systems, methods, forex forums, review sites, etc.

I would like to get maybe 3-5 proven systems to trade on an account and was hoping you may be able to advise me on systems you use. I can only really trade part time so cant really use anything that requires lots of screen time and research.

Some of the systems I have liked so far are:
- Sniper forex, although requires a lot of screen time
- 3 Ducks System, lots of good reviews on here and seems like a solid system
- Forex Retracer EA, lots of great reviews although the cost is $299
- Signal service, I have trialed a few signal services with good results

Have any of you used or do you use these systems? Can you recommend a signal service?

I dont think I will be able to use sniper as it requires too much screen time. 3 Ducks says that you can set trades at the start of the say and then forget about them although Im not entirely sure how this would work as the moving averages may move in a way that may not make the entry conditions (3 ducks) valid but still trigger the trade. There are many good reviews on Forex Retracer EA however I know in general EA's have a bad reputation.

It would be interesting to know what methods you professional traders use.

I don’t know if I should be replying, I am not a professional trader.
Could not comment on systems, like the ones you have mentioned, I have never looked at any systems at all.

I use candle stick patterns to aid entering established trends on a cycling pullback or news pullback (often the same thing.) Working on daily and 4h charts. If I hold for less than a quarter (ie 3 months) I feel like I have failed.

Sometimes entering on momentum, if so then I have a tighter initial trailing stop.

I think there are thousands of methods and even more permutations that can be profitable but it has to be the right method combination, permutation and time frame for each individual person.

Jason

Last edited:
Lol ain't that the truth !!!

:LOL:

In a way I guess I'm a trend trader too, looking for trend alignment of multiple time frames, and entering on pullbacks, OB/OS, patterns, and then riding the trend till it bends or till it stalls at s/r or pivot levels, but on relatively short time frames, and basically in one market at the time, mainly bund right now.

"OB" - outside bars, as in bearish engulfing??

"OS" - ??