Options broker ,, PLEASE

relaxtrading

I'm looking for a options broker that want to take clients in UK. I tried some in usa but none of them want non usa citizen , so right now my only good option is intereractive broker that is good but I need 10K to open an account and right now I haven't got it.
So, any other broker ?

thanks

I'm looking for a options broker that want to take clients in UK. I tried some in usa but none of them want non usa citizen , so right now my only good option is intereractive broker that is good but I need 10K to open an account and right now I haven't got it.
So, any other broker ?

thanks

Quite a few of the spread-betting companies offer the ability to trade options - however with higher transaction costs (in the form of wider spreads) and they don't require you to have a 10k balance.

There is a reason why proper brokers who offer proper options would like to have a proper account balance ;)

I'm trading with XTB but they don't seem to offer Options on their platform. Good luck with your search.

Yes it seems TS prices are significantly lower!!

I also want to trade in stock options and stock futures in UK markets. Can someone please recommend a broker who allows both of these.

In a quick look, both options-express and trade-station appear to be US-focussed.

Many thanks.

I also want to trade in stock options and stock futures in UK markets. Can someone please recommend a broker who allows both of these.

In a quick look, both options-express and trade-station appear to be US-focussed.

Many thanks.

You are right, both OX and TS are US orientated. For a UK focus, I would suggest Interactive Brokers. I have not used them personally but my understanding is that they cover all manners of options markets, as well as an array of futures markets.

Good luck.

ib sound good, except if you have less than 2 yrs option trading experience you must take an online test!

I have just opened a demo acct with saxo bank which seems easy to use.....

No, I chickened out and am in the process of opening accts with optionsxpress and saxo instead 🙈😳

Fair enough. Did you consider though that not being able to pass a test like that might indicate that you might want to do a bit more study first to make sure you understand everything?

Good luck in any case (y)

Fair enough. Did you consider though that not being able to pass a test like that might indicate that you might want to do a bit more study first to make sure you understand everything?

Good luck in any case (y)

Thanks...its a fair point, I thought my lack of knowledge re exotic options might fail me!....I am only interested in trading cash secured puts and selling covered calls (if assigned) on safer blue chip companies as an income strategy...so the risk is the same (or arguably less) than just buying the underlying shares

Great stuff.

So did you know for example that selling covered calls has the same risk profile as selling naked puts? :cheesy:

Well it sounds like as if you are not going to do anything too exotic, so hopefully you should be all right - but don't say I didn't warn you :D

covered calls and naked puts are the beginners trades-you will lose money- get some education

This thread is old, was wondering if you are opening broker accounts in the US but live in the UK, how do you currency hedge your portfolios?