Open Out Cry Trading

Fillyerboots-

Yes Eubank came down. I remember the day well as the MPC just released their figures for that month. Needless to say no one really had the time of day for him as the proverbial hit the fan....

BEEEEVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR!

The famous cry of the locals when an off floor chick walked by the pit. heheheheh!

Notice to sharky

Hi, I'm new to the boards here. I work the CME eurodollar pits at the moment. Get in contact with me. I'll see what I can do to get you a floor tour.

take care.

Eamon.

One VIP? visit I remember well was Jamie Redknapp. A guy from the stirling pit rushed up to him and declared " I'm your number one fan, I've got all your records",

I, too, remember that day, when Jamie Redknapp came down to the floor. I used to be a pit policeman on the GILT options pit (when it was all traded in 64ths), which was a pain in the a**s when you were trying to work out prices for guts, flys, straddles, strangles etc. You, did fail to mention the 'get up' JR had on. Yes wait for it....it was one of those crappy Manadarin style jackets with and matching trousers with a Peter Andre barnet for good measure. Then again that was what I was paid to do "observe"!!!!!!!!!!

FTSEBOY

Chimaera said:
Did you know my good friend Mr Matt Valentine? He's now a thousand up trading bund options. We discuss the bund market profile every day and he still doesn't really understand it.

C

Sorry big guy I was only on GILT options for about two months being mentored by 'Sniffer-an GNI trader'. The rest of my time was spent on the 'back wall' in Equity Options. I remember some funny things down there:-

Shark-which was where someone would fold a trader card in half and place it underneath the traders' collar and people was just start shouting "shark". All of a sudden everyone would just stop whatever they were doing an doing a quick check for any 'fins' on their collars

Albatross-when someone attached a paper clip to someones collar with a trading card on either side. After a few minutes, more were added and before you knew it the bloke had a pair off wings like on a B52

Can't remember what this one was called but-traders would staple a trading card to the hem of a jacket at the bottom of someones back, and before you knew it the poor sod would be pacing up and down the floor with a 20ft length of trading cards all stapled together to make a tail

Flatulence-being an Observer I had a good panoramic view of the 3000 or so people on the floor and you could always tell when someone had 'horse and carted' (thats Cockney for farted for any of you U.S guys on this thread) as trading in the pit would cease momentarily as traders buried their faces in their jackets until the stench of Gandi's Revenge, no doubt brought upon by copious amounts of lagers down someone Minsters followed by a Ruby (curry) down Bricklane.

Oh the good old days
FTSEBOY

fillyerboots said:
I seem to remember Ali G interviewing Matthew Fosh from SGF on the Stirling balcony, don't think it ever made it on TV or his video's Foshy must have sussed him.

I miss the atmosphere, to old to get involved down at the IPE though.

I was there that day (in the Sterling pit which was just below the viewing gallery) - what actually stopped the interview was that they opened the soundproof windows to let the noise from the trading floor be in the background. Unfortunately for them, it was quiet that day and there had been a buzz around the floor about who he was (Ali G wasn't all that famous back then - I certainly didn't know who he was) anyways, once the windows opened the chanting of 'who the hell are... who the hell are... who the f**king hell are yooooouuuu' started... And it didn't stop! It was a magic moment although I guess you had to be there... Would *love* to see any footage of that. Cohen was smiling that he'd been caught out, but the production team looked everso miffed - they packed up and went straight afterwards!

Pobster

ipe is shut.ice bought them 2 yrs ago. they have trading electronically since Apr 05.the NYMEX/COMEX would be good place .they also have a viewing galerie. Hurry up though !!!