Online-Armor Firewall

Trdr

461 21
the firewall I'd been using scored a 'very poor' 2350 on Matousec's tests versus
Online-Armor's 'excellent' 9625 — the free version no less
I'd been bothered for a couple of weeks because of being hit by a 'trojan' neither my
then firewall or av sw stopped, so last night researched Comodo, Jetico and Outpost
before realizing Online-Armor was free.
I settled on O-A and it was an easy install, the problem is firewall sw is one of those
programs I don't really want to think about, I'm very good at mouse clicking but really
don't have a clue when it comes to trying to understand fw sw, it's just too complicated.
starting my computer today ' freeram ' didn't appear in the system tray and AntiVir was
indicating 'disabled' and I couldn't enable it. I couldn't connect to Google, MailWasher
wouldn't open and I ended up off-n-oning the computer several times to end the hangs
the next restart everything appeared in the system tray and everything worked ok

I haven't tried another restart and will post what happened on O-A's forum but I thought
I'd ask: ' anyone using the free O-A firewall ? any problems ? '

Leak-tests results - matousec.com
Online-Armor Firewall: Firewall Protection, Anti Virus Software, Anti-Keylogger - Online Armor Security Suite
freeram: YourWare Solutions: Quality freeware and home of FreeRAM XP Pro
Mailwasher Spam Filter Software: The Reliable Free Spam Blocker | MailWasher

Trdr

461 21
the O-A rep didn't know what was going on but I just uninstalled AntiVir and replaced it
with PCTools free av: PC Tools AntiVirus - Free Anti-Virus Download
think it's a known that PCT's fw and av cause a slowing when programs first open which
is why I tried but didn't use their fw; I believe their av is 'stronger' - more dependable
than AVG and AntiVir at preventing nasties getting on the system
yet to read the O-A Help but ramfree has risen from a usual 260 to 300MB of available
ram out of 375 at idle, not sure why, is O-A that efficient or was the computer 'leaking'

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock