One Trade a Week

BARC.L Exit

Pat your trade in BARC.L has hit your target exit of 325 @ 12:13:55 today. Here's the trade details:

Closing Trade

So therefore:

Entry: 315
Exit: 325

Percentage Gain: 3.17%

ATR Adjusted Percentage Gain: 0.85%

Well done Pat, another good trade, and I'm especially pleased with this one as I followed you this week and got in on Monday morning in Barclays in my spread betting account. (y)

Thanks guys. Glad you made some money. Soon as I put any money on meself, it's the kiss of death usually.

Blessings on yours tho

Well done Guys. Nice going.

I was right about eurcad weakness, but it just broke down without a pull back so consider me out this week.

My premier foods is up 18% today though, just backed the wrong horse here. Been in it a couple of weeks from 21p - 26p today.

180 points in GBPUSD today too.

Gold broke out nicely so looking forward to some moves in my gold stocks.

Mike Hamilton

Ok Mike, I'll scratch your trade for this week.

So Pat494 is out in front this week with his BARC.L trade of 3.17% (0.85% ATR Adjusted), which puts him up to 8.40% in total for the first three weeks. My trade in MLC.L is sitting around the breakeven level going into earnings tomorrow. There was a few decent sized buy orders today and minimal selling, so I decided to wait it out through the earnings tomorrow. Lets hope it was the right call.

SlipperyC and Pingvin123 are yet to enter their trades this week. Is still three days to go, so let me know if you want to make any changes to your entry level or scratch the trade like Mike did.

I was going by the rules on page 1 - 'must have trade posted by Sunday'. I will wait in future if that's ok.

Mike

I was going by the rules on page 1 - 'must have trade posted by Sunday'. I will wait in future if that's ok.

Mike

Ok Mike, I'm happy for you to do that. But let me know by the Sunday night if you will be participating in the following week so I can put it in the weeks spreadsheet.

Or maybe, we have the option to change your trade midweek if you want to scratch your initial trade?

The main reason for setting the trades for the week ahead was that it makes the admin easier for me as I have to set up alerts and the spreadsheet, and also it gives us a list of high conviction trades to mull over at the weekend and decide if we want to trade any others on the list as well as our own. For example this week I liked Pats Barclays pick better than my MLC pick, so I decided to trade that in my actual account instead and have made a nice 5.15% so far.

My aim with this group is, as well as being a bit of friendly competition, is to help us all with our research, as finding good trades each week takes a lot of work and it's easy to miss good opportunities.

Last edited:
Ok your entry price for the DAX at the close of 9.25am was 7436.77

Do you want to move your stop loss as currently you have a stop of 7255 and target of 7500? Let me know and I'll do your full trade details

Last edited:
Thanks isa.

Laughing at myself because it looks like I've just bought at top-tick!!!

Can't believe it - thought it was breaking out!!

Dumbass. Ok, I'll move the stop to 7365.

Pretty sure I'll get stopped out today though.

Grrrrrrrrrr...

Thanks isa.

Laughing at myself because it looks like I've just bought at top-tick!!!

Can't believe it - thought it was breaking out!!

Dumbass. Ok, I'll move the stop to 7365.

Pretty sure I'll get stopped out today though.

Grrrrrrrrrr...

I'm sure it will work out, probably just a pivot. Have moved your stop for you to 7365.

Open position update

There are two open positions at the moment. MLC.L had a small up today and closed just above the open price at 584.5 and SlipperyC entered his DAX trade at 7436.77 and that closed down slightly today at 7414.30

Pats trade in Barclays earlier in the week made a 0.85% ATR adjusted gain, so to beat that MLC.L needs to get to 597 and the DAX needs to get to 7522 to take the win this week.

Pingvin is yet to enter his trade, but there is still 2 days to go, so is all to play for still.

Cheers