Oliver Valez Trade for Life Program

met this guy at the london money show, looked like a clever guy who knows how to scam people. great lecture though

This guy has been in the business for quite some time. First came across him at Pristine where he was a co-founder some 12-15 years ago. Authoured several books and has been doing training for a long time. His companies have been successful. The question is whether you think you can benefit from his "wisdom" without risking too much of your own money....

TCA training ?

**P.S. Arb I constantly get TCA ads on my gmail as well... They don't annoy me but just thought you might like to know **google seems to be quite good at targeting them at the correct audience... since we're on the subject ;)

Has anyone heard something bad or something good about TCA remote training ?
And does anyone have any experience with them ?

Cheers,

Shone

Velez 7 day training course

LuckyBucks,

I have taken the seven day course and have found it to be worth every penny, before I had taken a different course and was trading the e-minis and lost $7k of my $10k and I decided I needed more education. I am still a newbie even with the Velez, I have only been trading 2 months. The experience you get and the trading fees can't be beat. I am still in the learning phase but this is a new career for myself. Truly when Velez says trade for life....they mean it. You can retake any course you want as many times that you want. I have already retaken courses. Velez, does want you to do well because he will do well, the difference is... you are also doing well and is a win win situation. As with anything in life, you must work and become discipline at any task to do well. If you want to lose weight and stick with a plan then you will lose, Tiger Woods did not become a great golfer by occassionally hitting the ball. If you have any other questions, I will be happy to answer.

Thanks,
Kevin

Has anyone taken this seven day program and now making larger and larger profits?
Wondering if its the same old wine in a new bottle.

I like the way they impose risk management on their traders with a maximum loss per day.

Velez Capital Management, LLC - A Private Equity Trading Group

I was at the free seminar last night, and all seemed good , better than what most of the other educational companies are offering. Most here are saying its a scam etc etc, but where should one go for good education and mentorship.
Most here say go alone, do it yourself, etc etc.. Yes that would take a long time, what if you do and miss alot of things out, then what. At least with education packs you know what u need to do to start off with instead of blindly going it alone not knowing what to do or where to start,

If not this, does anyone else recommend any education material to shorten the learning curve etc etc..
At least with VCM you trade their money, and prices do start from around $2k...

Any info appreciated.

The key attraction of companies like VCM for most of us would not be just to learn the recommended methods, but the fact that they might have enough funds to allow you to mess up in the early days and then get to a stage where their supposedly massive funds would allow you to break through and in time become more consistently profitable.

So I was just going to say that a search on Velez on Amazon would give you two or three books to learn the methods, but the attraction really is the offer of stumbling in the early days, but hopefully with them being sufficiently forgiving to allow you to eventually become a good trader.

But you can't determine how forgiving they're going to be, or how likely it is that you'll eventually become a competent trader, without paying the training fees upfront.

So it all seems a bit of an impasse really.

I'm also mystified by how difficult it is to get people who've been on these courses to report about their experiences on bulletin boards like these. You'd think they'd be encouraged to share their experiences, wouldn't you? Or am I missing something?

It's so sad that threads like these almost always end up just atrophying because we can't get access to truthful, reliable information.

It's most annoying and frustrating because their advertising is effective in getting us talking about it, and also seeing it, initially, as an interesting and plausible way to recruit traders, but then we end up all being disenchanted.

Velez is planning to go global, and London (plus China) are all on his list of target cities and countries.

Here in UK, Greg Secker is seen as an important "pay for mentoring" provider (although without giving you access to funds), and even with Sally Nicoll claiming his training revolutionised her profitability while trading (in her book "Bets and the City: Sally Nicoll's Spread Betting Diary"), still new potential recruits who go to the preliminary seminars are still not sure about agreeing to hand over the thousands to pay for it.

We really do need an independent trusted assessor, much like people look to "Which?" to report on the reliability of refrigerators and vacuum cleaners.

Regarding the last post, you are "mystified", why people do not report their experiences on a board like these. I can tell you why. The reason is because all of the VCM Prop traders have found a trading home, enjoy the program, work at their trading/trading plans, advance through the levels, take multiple re-takes for the a-ha moments that occur after trading thousands of shares of stock over time, and gain the trading experiences of time in trades that count.

The people in this program are busy being traders and feel no need to be on any boards or seek any approval, or search for their next holy grail trading program. I have been in the program since July 2008, am a Level 3 trader, very close to advancing to Level 4. I am consistently profitable week after week. The program is absolutely legitimate and Oliver Velez, Dan Miercowski, Paul Lange, Malcolm Murray and staff have created a program that removes many of the barriers to becoming a successful trader.

It is not easy, as trading is not easy, and quite frankly most traders will stay at the bottom of the advancement ladder unless they develop the proper discipline to advance. It absolutely cracks me up to see the people on this board, which is why I come here every now and then, bash Oliver Velez like he is "the trading devil".....evil, corrupt, dishonest. Trade 2 days with Oliver in lab one time and you realize he is the real deal. He doesnt care what you think. This is a trader who can put you in just about any trade and make money. His 20 plus years as a trader, with the first 6 as a losing trader, and now as a highly successful trader comes through loud and clear when you are mentored by him.

You disbelievers can scoff all you want, all I know for certain is that the program has given me the solid foundation, education, account size, instituitional commission rate, removal of many barriers, to give me a shot to become a trader trading big size with thousands of shares. There is no fairy tale to this program. There are prop traders from the Practice Level up to Level 10 now.....over 1800 traders....do you see many complaints on the internet from 1800 traders on what a scam it is.....so then the question becomes, like the trader in the above post mentioned, why dont you hear anything? Quite simply because all of us are quite satisfied and working hard week after week to improve and grow as traders and no one feels the need to go outside the walls of VCM. I am doing it this one time only just in case someone wants the straight scoop from a very happy VCM Prop trader. This is a program worth every penny...For Life!

In reply to this email, I am a VCM Prop Trader, I have gone from the training level to Level 1 back to the training level and back to Level 1. This is not Velez fault but my own. They have given me the education and the ability to go further, but my stubborness gets the best of me. As I become disciplined and follow my trading plan and listen to what the moderators are saying, I will start to consistently start to make more money. The experience is unbelievable and while I'm not sure who Greg Secker is I can tell you Velez has been everything mention on his website and more. Velez does have parameters but they have only been there for my benefit. If I did not have those parameters then I would have lost thousands and thousands of dollars, with the parameters and daily loss limit I have done over 9,000 fills to equal over 55,000 shares and I am only down a couple of hundred dollars. Again not VCM's fault, my own. As I start to trade my plan (and not just guess, which so many of us do) those couple hundred dollars will be made back very quickly. With those 9,000 fills my total commission, fees, SEC tax, Taf/Act tax equals about 175.00 dollars. How many traders here on this forum or others can say the same thing. With the fees being so cheap I am able to get more experience without losing my shirt. I am learning to be more disciplined and as I work my way up the different levels I will given enough buying power and shares to make a tremendous amount of money. Many traders will go through Velez program and then open an independent account through Velez where you trade your own money and he gives additional buying to exceed what you put in yourself. There is a percentage shared with Velez, but you still get unbeatable fees and commisions and excess buying power of the money you put in. I do come here from time to time and try to follow up if anyone has questions or comments they can email directly at [email protected] and I will be happy to answer any questions that I can.

Regards,
Kevin

The key attraction of companies like VCM for most of us would not be just to learn the recommended methods, but the fact that they might have enough funds to allow you to mess up in the early days and then get to a stage where their supposedly massive funds would allow you to break through and in time become more consistently profitable.

So I was just going to say that a search on Velez on Amazon would give you two or three books to learn the methods, but the attraction really is the offer of stumbling in the early days, but hopefully with them being sufficiently forgiving to allow you to eventually become a good trader.

But you can't determine how forgiving they're going to be, or how likely it is that you'll eventually become a competent trader, without paying the training fees upfront.

So it all seems a bit of an impasse really.

I'm also mystified by how difficult it is to get people who've been on these courses to report about their experiences on bulletin boards like these. You'd think they'd be encouraged to share their experiences, wouldn't you? Or am I missing something?

It's so sad that threads like these almost always end up just atrophying because we can't get access to truthful, reliable information.

It's most annoying and frustrating because their advertising is effective in getting us talking about it, and also seeing it, initially, as an interesting and plausible way to recruit traders, but then we end up all being disenchanted.

Velez is planning to go global, and London (plus China) are all on his list of target cities and countries.

Here in UK, Greg Secker is seen as an important "pay for mentoring" provider (although without giving you access to funds), and even with Sally Nicoll claiming his training revolutionised her profitability while trading (in her book "Bets and the City: Sally Nicoll's Spread Betting Diary"), still new potential recruits who go to the preliminary seminars are still not sure about agreeing to hand over the thousands to pay for it.

We really do need an independent trusted assessor, much like people look to "Which?" to report on the reliability of refrigerators and vacuum cleaners.

People have asked for the information, why is that funny? I rarely visit here because of the smug, cynical, and belittling attitude many of these posts portray like the two above. As I said, this is for the people who want some legitimate feedback on the program. I wont waste any more time on you "senior and legendary members". We really do not care what you think. Over and out.

People have asked for the information, why is that funny? I rarely visit here because of the smug, cynical, and belittling attitude many of these posts portray like the two above. As I said, this is for the people who want some legitimate feedback on the program. I wont waste any more time on you "senior and legendary members". We really do not care what you think. Over and out.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Let me put this categorically:

THIS IS A COMPLETE SCAM.

IF OLIVER VALEZ DISAGREES, HE CAN SUE ME. EVEN BEFORE JUSTICE EADY IF NEED BE.

VELEZ, not Valez..... someone who can not spell the name right calling it a scam, whatever. Oliver would not waste his time responding to you let alone sue you.

You have done an excellent job showing your overall ignorance. Enough of you..... your negative, degrading attitude really needs to be looked at...not constructive at all. Their is a constructive way of saying things and there is the moronic way. I guess thats why you say "Only morons take your advice". How true!

:LOL:

Are you going to attack me with a limp wrist, or are you going to support your demiurge valez?

Your time starts now

Just out of curiosity arabiannights, are you saying Velez is a complete scam because you have been through the course and felt you have been cheated in some way? Or are you just basing this on your perception? Where did you get your information from?

Regards,
Kevin
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Let me put this categorically:

THIS IS A COMPLETE SCAM.

IF OLIVER VALEZ DISAGREES, HE CAN SUE ME. EVEN BEFORE JUSTICE EADY IF NEED BE.

Just out of curiosity arabiannights, are you saying Velez is a complete scam because you have been through the course and felt you have been cheated in some way? Or are you just basing this on your perception? Where did you get your information from?

Regards,
Kevin

Of course I have not been on the course as naturally I am not a complete moron.

Meaning you are only a.... partial moron.

Arabiannights, I understand you are an advisor on T2W, but I would have to question both your success in life and trading. Successful people don't need to condemn or belittle in order to rise up, in fact quite the opposite. Successful people will help and encourage others and teach them what they know thus creating other successful people causing the "other" people to lift you up to success and surrounding yourself with success. I am not saying someone may have different views about various programs whether it be Velez or others that you may have in Europe, but successful people would use tact and intelligence in addressing the programs, instead of just saying "They are Scams" without knowledge to back it up with solid proof and presenting it that way.

"Money (or success) only makes you more of who you are. If you are an ass before money (or success) then you only become a bigger ass with it. If you are a giving and sharing person before money (or success) then you become more of a giver with money and success"

?
Of course I have not been on the course as naturally I am not a complete moron.