Oliver Valez Trade for Life Program

10K for a week with Oliver Velez? Dont' go for this scam. He is another Wade Cook in different clothing. The law suits will come.

He was thrown out of the co foundeed. That should tell you something.

Dont' go for this scam.

Unfortunately not a scam. Just a great EXAMPLE of the Arcades/Props/Educational trading companies. Private Equity Prop firm Set up as an Arcade allowing you to trade your Training Money. Give him 10k for "training" and they will allow you to trade only 5k of it, leveraged up to 50k (10:1) with their max daily loss of -5% risk management.

Last edited:
leveraged up to 50k (10:1) with their max daily loss of -5% risk management.

actually, they set a daily loss limit of $30, that is in fact risking only 0.1% of the supposed "$50,000" he's meant to be giving each "trader"

If you blew up every single day for a year, including weekends, you'd still only do their a rse for $11k

Last edited:
Reactions: BSD
actually, they set a daily loss limit of $30, that is in fact risking only 0.1% of the supposed "$50,000" he's meant to be giving each "trader"

If you blew up every single day for a year, including weekends, you'd still only do their a rse for $11k

I must have been thinking of another firm on the -5% daily risk.

You know dang well VCM (or anybody else for that matter) wouldnt keep "traders" for that Whole year either if they are blowing up daily.

Say they keep ya for 6months. 26 weeks time 5 days a week. 130 business trading days. Maybe one of you math guys could tell me, Whats the total loss VCM would take on a rolling -0.1% daily loss???

All I know its not nearly anywhere near their 10k "Training".

I must have been thinking of another firm on the -5% daily risk.

You know dang well VCM (or anybody else for that matter) wouldnt keep "traders" for that Whole year either if they are blowing up daily.

Say they keep ya for 6months. 26 weeks time 5 days a week. 130 business trading days. Maybe one of you math guys could tell me, Whats the total loss VCM would take on a rolling -0.1% daily loss???

All I know its not nearly anywhere near their 10k "Training".

13%, or £6500.

actually, they set a daily loss limit of $30

Traders give them 10k for training. In return they give you 5k leveraged up to 50k w/-$30 a day risk management and tell you to go trade for a living.

52 weeks x 5 days a week. @ 260 trading days a year

260 x -$30. VCM would be out = -$7,800 if they kept the trader for the whole year.
-$3,900 if they only kept the trader for half the year.

It's a big win/win for them and thats what this arena has become if you dont get hired on and given a desk inside corporate headquarters.

Non-Props calling themselves Props.
Disguised as a Educational Training shop.
Almost all are setup as a remote Arcade.

Learn for yourself and Trade for yourself!

AND IF YOU MUST, I would only go to a shop if you can afford to lose your shirt and you just want to play with the leverage.

They don't keep you at $30 forever. Once any profit target is hit consistently for two weeks you go to the next level as per the table below. In any case my original question was about the quality of the training. If anyone has been through I'd like to know what they thought about it, and if they are actually making more and more money or not. Its easy to slam all the prop firms out there. They all offer a different package, some much better than others in terms of training. Also some people might do very well having to stick to very tight profit and loss targets with all the risk control it forces on the trader.

Table from
Velez Capital Management, LLC - A Private Equity Trading Group
Master Trader Advancement Program

Level Maximum
lot size Daily
loss limit Minimum
weekly target
Payout % Minimum
trader annual
1 100 $30 $30 60% $300
2 200 $60 $60 60% $1,200
3 300 $90 $90 60% $2,100
4 600 $150 $200 65% $5,900
5 1,000 $250 $350 65% $10,775
6 1,600 $400 $600 65% $18,900
7 2,400 $600 $1,000 65% $31,900
8 3,600 $900 $1,500 70% $51,900
9 5,200 $1,300 $2,275 70% $79,025
10 8,000 $2,000 $4,000 70% $139,400
11 12,000 $3,000 $6,000 70% $209,400
12 18,000 $4,500 $9,000 75% $336,900

Traders give them 10k for training. In return they give you 5k leveraged up to 50k w/-$30 a day risk management and tell you to go trade for a living.

52 weeks x 5 days a week. @ 260 trading days a year

260 x -$30. VCM would be out = -$7,800 if they kept the trader for the whole year.
-$3,900 if they only kept the trader for half the year.

It's a big win/win for them and thats what this arena has become if you dont get hired on and given a desk inside corporate headquarters.

Non-Props calling themselves Props.
Disguised as a Educational Training shop.
Almost all are setup as a remote Arcade.

Learn for yourself and Trade for yourself!

AND IF YOU MUST, I would only go to a shop if you can afford to lose your shirt and you just want to play with the leverage.

Hello LuckyBucks, I am also doing some research on VCM (Velez Capital Management), so far I haven't found enything bad, only opnion from other people that do not didi the training. I'll let you know if I find something fish. Yes the levrage can be right, but so far I like what I see. There is videos of him trading live, you can check at VCM Videos. Good luck and good trades. Santanausa

Hello LuckyBucks, I am also doing some research on VCM (Velez Capital Management), so far I haven't found enything bad, only opnion from other people that do not didi the training. I'll let you know if I find something fish. Yes the levrage can be right, but so far I like what I see. There is videos of him trading live, you can check at VCM Videos. Good luck and good trades. Santanausa

Santana,

Dont get me wrong I have nothing against VCM.

I just want everyone to know, It is what it is.

And each to their own.

Hopefully their program's training makes everyone rich. But if people want 10:1 on there whole $10,000. (instead of 10:1 on 5k) leverage there's other ways to get it without sacraficing the 5k and the 70-80% profits sharing back to them.

Confession here: I was getting pissed off with their constant nuisance adverts on CNBC so reported them to the ASA and they disappeared from CNBC the next day. That said the ASA haven't actually contacted me about my complaint so it may well be a coincidence.

P.S. Arb I constantly get TCA ads on my gmail as well... They don't annoy me but just thought you might like to know google seems to be quite good at targeting them at the correct audience... since we're on the subject ;)

P.P.S. Of course VCM are a scam. Absolutely hilarious website though - they claim to have a charity teaching the third world to trade to bring it out of poverty - I'm not making this up!

Confession here: I was getting pissed off with their constant nuisance adverts on CNBC so reported them to the ASA and they disappeared from CNBC the next day. That said the ASA haven't actually contacted me about my complaint so it may well be a coincidence.

P.S. Arb I constantly get TCA ads on my gmail as well... They don't annoy me but just thought you might like to know google seems to be quite good at targeting them at the correct audience... since we're on the subject ;)

P.P.S. Of course VCM are a scam. Absolutely hilarious website though - they claim to have a charity teaching the third world to trade to bring it out of poverty - I'm not making this up!

lol

First VCM then Spanish.
Man, You get everyone booted.

Santana,

And each to their own.

Hopefully their program's training makes everyone rich. But if people want 10:1 on there whole $10,000. (instead of 10:1 on 5k) leverage there's other ways to get it without sacraficing the 5k and the 70-80% profits sharing back to them.

I know you have nothing against them. But just so you know every other company out there charge a lot of money for their training. The diference with VCM is that they have the lowest paid commision on the market ($0.20/1000 shares) and that is a lot of advantage. And about the profits, I think you got it wrong, on the first level they pay you 60 %, and it goes up to 90% as you become profitable.
I also want you to know that I am not advocating for them, all I want to know is that is they are legit and not going to take people's money and them desapeared.

Santana,

And each to their own.

I know you have nothing against them. But just so you know every other company out there charge a lot of money for their training. The diference with VCM is that they have the lowest paid commision on the market ($0.20/1000 shares) and that is a lot of advantage. And about the profits, I think you got it wrong, on the first level they pay you 60 %, and it goes up to 90% as you become profitable.
I also want you to know that I am not advocating for them, all I want to know is that is they are legit and not going to take people's money and them desapeared.
Good trading.

Good trading.

Yes VCM is real. Are they a broker? No. Are they legit? Some would argue. Will they Disappear? Not by choice but the SEC is investigating these types of business models.

You need to differentiate between technically legit and properly legit. If I tell you I'll write you a put on a free range egg for fifty quid with a strike of two pence so long as you are able to answer a maths question of my choice and I actually keep my half of the deal then that's technically legit but it's not what I would consider properly legit since it's a total scam.

VCM, that so called "major private equity firm" are basically saying they'll stick a hedgehog up your **** for a silly fee. In the sense that they are doing what they say they will do they are technically legit... But I don't think a sane person would consider them a legit company.

You need to differentiate between technically legit and properly legit. If I tell you I'll write you a put on a free range egg for fifty quid with a strike of two pence so long as you are able to answer a maths question of my choice and I actually keep my half of the deal then that's technically legit but it's not what I would consider properly legit since it's a total scam.

VCM, that so called "major private equity firm" are basically saying they'll stick a hedgehog up your **** for a silly fee. In the sense that they are doing what they say they will do they are technically legit... But I don't think a sane person would consider them a legit company.

Exactly - no-one is saying they'll take your money and run, it's just a terrible deal.

Well, this thread prompted me to check on the status of my complaint.

ASA said:
Dear Mr arabianights

Velez Capital Management

Thank you for your recent complaint.

I’m afraid that we are unable to proceed further with your complaint without further information. We cannot investigate claims in ads on speculation alone and need good grounds before we can ask the advertiser to substantiate the claim. Before we can look into your complaint further we will need you to give us reasons why you believe the company isn’t a private equity firm and why you think the ad may mislead viewers. Once we have this information we will be able to assess your complaint fully. If I don’t hear from you I shall assume you don’t wish to pursue the complaint further.

Kind regards

Hayley Fletcher

Complaints Executive

Maybe next time my complaint shouldn't include the phrases "gullible idiots", "lying *****", or "complete bull****".

I'm sure someone who really cared could formulate an appropriate complaint, but I don't...

Reactions: BSD
I was at the free seminar last night, and all seemed good , better than what most of the other educational companies are offering. Most here are saying its a scam etc etc, but where should one go for good education and mentorship.
Most here say go alone, do it yourself, etc etc.. Yes that would take a long time, what if you do and miss alot of things out, then what. At least with education packs you know what u need to do to start off with instead of blindly going it alone not knowing what to do or where to start,

If not this, does anyone else recommend any education material to shorten the learning curve etc etc..
At least with VCM you trade their money, and prices do start from around $2k...

Any info appreciated.