Remember that most level 2 players are also very good chart readers. Thats how they tend to find the stocks to trade in the first place.Then they use level 2 to zoom right in and understand exactly whats going on and get their edge.
My experience of trading NYSE stocks put me off. I didnt like the following:
1) It can take 30 seconds to get filled
2) You cannot see what is going on in the same way as you can on level II Nasadq stocks
3) Whilst one stock was moving nicely up it suddenly dropped 30c and with no warning at all, (something that you would get a warning with trading Nasdaq with Level II)
Based on that I decided not to trade NYSE stocks and my mind has not been changed.
....b*gger....this might sound a little crazy, but i used to actually go through the whole thread every few nights. It seemed to put me in the right frame of mind for trading, and reminded me of, as Mr. Charts put it, 'what is out there, waiting to be taken..'
I hope with the help of Naz, and others that we can create a similar thread.
Good trade Naz. Do you use any scanning software to find charts for a particular set-up? Cheers
I agree, this was one of the best threads on here with some great examples of trades and an insight in to how various members enter/ exit / manage trades.
As far as I can see this thread can only have been closed for 1 or other of the following or other reasons:
1. The main 'professional' posters (MrCharts & Naz) are considered by someone to have been using the thread for advertising their wares. If this is the case why have the long running threads opened by Naz not similarly been closed and why has this thread not been shut down much sooner?
2. Those posters are thought by someone to have been less than wholly frank about their posted achievements. IF that is the case perhaps Naz & MrCharts would care to scupper such assertions by posting extracts from their brokerage accounts appropriate to the posted charts / trades. They have nothing to lose or hide as their trades are already, via this site, in the public domain. Their so doing would demolish in a stroke any allegation(s) against their bona fides.
3. Some other cause as to which there is no reason to be evasive. If there is a good and proper basis upon which to close this excellent thread Sharkey ought to be wholly frank as to why this action has been taken.
Unless there is some good reason not to, in which case the reason should be published, the thread ought to be reinstated forthwith
1. Naz's wares have been advertised on the front page of t2w as long as I have been a member so can't see a problem there. Also, this is likely to be the start of a v similar thread, we already have postings of a trade from Naz.
2. I dont remember Naz or Mr C making any outlandish claims about their overall ££ trading profits/ success. Just good examples of individual trades (from others as well).
Must be 3 then but this could be any reason really??
I realise the moderators have every right to remove posts/ threads if they are offensive etc but in this case, when the thread was so useful, popular, highly rated and with no obvious offensiveness/ wrong doing, I really would appreciate a frank reasoning as to it's demise.
It's a shame as obviously a lot of time and effort was put in to creating such an educational thread in the first place.
This may have something to do with a thread posted a few days ago by a character calling themself MikeT. It was very controversial and was quickly removed but it did relate to the original thread of this name and I had better not say any more than that.