NYMEX Light Crude July

tradesmart

Experienced member
With the markets tracking the price/outlook for oil just now, a handy chart symbol for SierraCharts with a MyTrack data feed:-

NYMEX Light Crude July - CL`N

:cool:

Thanks for that TS - all useful info for the "Bigger Picture"!
I have a question for a fellow Sierra/MyTrack person with seemingly some symbol knowledge! :cheesy:
I am trying to chart the Nasdaq Futures, for which I use ND`M for the current contract. This gives me a number of problems however - firstly the volume seems erratic and exceptionally low, and secondly my data is delayed by about 10/15mins! (MyTrack say this is because I need to be paying a higher CME subscription, although I receive ES data with no problem with the existing subscription fee!)
My questions are as follows:
1. Is there another symbol for another exchange that I can use?
2. Is this the only Nasdaq futures contract that is traded?
3. Do I really need to pay a higher subscription to get real-time data?
4. If there is not another Nasdaq futures contract, then how to people trade this with such erratic volume, and hence unreliable liquidity?
Hope you can at least shed a little light on this problem! ;)
Cheers
Q

Hi Quercus,

I had a look at ND`M and reckon that there’s a “feature” (helpdesk speak for an almighty glitch….! :( ) on the volume …..I track the Dow futures on Q`M and experience a delay but the volume seems ok.

There may be an exchange premium on realtime Nasdaq data that doesn’t apply to ES. It could be worth paying the MyTrack upgrade charge if you want to trade ND`M seriously.

ND`M (U/Z etc) is the only relevant futures symbol listed on the MyTrack symbols lookup that I could see, but a call to the helpdesk [email protected] might shed some more light on the subject.

If you’ve got a direct access account, check out the QQQ’s (Nasdaq 100 index tracker stock) which I believe are tradeable pre and post market.

HTH

Regards

Thanks for all that TS, I appreciate the efforts you went to. :)
You're probably right about the premium for realtime Nasdaq data. I'm just after it for comparison to ES, I guess I'll stick to the Comp as my MyTrack fees are as high as I'd like them to be for now!
The volume on NQ must be a problem from MyTrack as , like you say, it just seems too low to be an accurate reflection of the activity!
It's always reassuring to get a second opinion so thanks again.
Cheers
Q

Last edited:
Quercus me old china, why not just chart it on ur IB feed? You've got ur PC on most of the time anyway (except when it blue screens on ya! LOL)

You cannot chart it via IB as I beleive it is Pit traded and thus not tradeable via IB

JonnyT

Unless I've misunderstood, Quercus was asking for the symbol for Nas futures, which on IB is NQ - although his question was posted on a thread about Nymex Light Crude.

quercus,

why don't u try nq`m for emini nasdaq, the equivalent to es`m n q`m - es n dow emini. n if u want realtime ftse its ukz.x

Just to keep the NYMEX Light (Sweet) Crude July interest going, chart attached...

Clearly in a highly volatile,tradeable state just now, and likely to remain so for the foreseeable future.........!

Attachments

• 04-06-04.gif
    04-06-04.gif
    17.9 KB · Views: 384
Anyone know what the NYMEX crude light symbol is on Mytrack these days?

I know it used to be CL , then it changed to QM for a while , now i cant get either of them to work.... :rolleyes: