Not staying logged in

blackcab

Established member
About half the time I click a thread link I have to log back in. That's never happened before.

Add it to the list. A pile of problems that should have been tested before going live.

About half the time I click a thread link I have to log back in. That's never happened before.
It's still happening. Roughly a quarter of the time that I click a link to a thread I get the login screen and after logging in again am then returned to the top-level forum page, from where I have to click two or three links to get back to where I was before being logged out, with the random logout happening again anywhere along the way back. It's making the site pretty difficult to use. It suddenly started happening a few days before I posted at the top of this thread, and I hadn't made any changes to my browser setup, cookies, etc.

It's still happening. Roughly a quarter of the time that I click a link to a thread I get the login screen and after logging in again am then returned to the top-level forum page, from where I have to click two or three links to get back to where I was before being logged out, with the random logout happening again anywhere along the way back. It's making the site pretty difficult to use. It suddenly started happening a few days before I posted at the top of this thread, and I hadn't made any changes to my browser setup, cookies, etc.
As if to illustrate, it happened when I clicked the link to this thread to write my post just then, and happened again when I clicked 'Submit reply'. Maybe it'll do it again when I submit this reply.

As if to illustrate, it happened when I clicked the link to this thread to write my post just then, and happened again when I clicked 'Submit reply'. Maybe it'll do it again when I submit this reply.
Yes, it did!

The same has been happening to me too. I mentioned it to Sharky yesterday and the tech guys will be looking into it next week.

Yup, me too.
Additionally, I sometimes get a completely blank page when I log on. The only way around that is to access the site via the e-mail links to subscribed threads or via a Google search. I've had to do this on average once a day for the last 3 or 4 weeks or so. Never had a problem until now and I'm not experiencing any issues with other sites.
Tim.

well technically leaving aside the technicals that firefox3 is 3 words without any spaces, I make that 7 words and query 9, er nine !

Last edited: