Tradefair....Possibly Serious issue

jungerns

Established member
Never one to be alarmist but thought this was appropriate....

Logged in at 21.05 to note closing prices last night etc and closed down. Tried to log in this morning and home page viewable as normal and logged in to be met with unsecure connection with page certificate having run out in 2010.....

Switched browsers will same result on IE and Chrome with similar warnings not to proceed further.

Immediately went to my bank accounts (as you do !) but fine. Switched on back up laptop not used since aquiring the one am using to type this to be met with same result on all browsers.

Tried ringing on basis office might be manned Saturday morning but shut until Monday......

If anyone else has a Tradefair account can you try logging in if you believe it wont compromise yourself ??

Never one to be alarmist but thought this was appropriate....

Logged in at 21.05 to note closing prices last night etc and closed down. Tried to log in this morning and home page viewable as normal and logged in to be met with unsecure connection with page certificate having run out in 2010.....

Switched browsers will same result on IE and Chrome with similar warnings not to proceed further.

Immediately went to my bank accounts (as you do !) but fine. Switched on back up laptop not used since aquiring the one am using to type this to be met with same result on all browsers.

Tried ringing on basis office might be manned Saturday morning but shut until Monday......

If anyone else has a Tradefair account can you try logging in if you believe it wont compromise yourself ??
I wont even try as you are worrying over nothing<its a tchnical problem. They are FSA regulated and a white label for London capitol group. even if LCG went under,Im sure betfair would pick up,the tab

I wont even try as you are worrying over nothing<its a tchnical problem. They are FSA regulated and a white label for London capitol group. even if LCG went under,Im sure betfair would pick up,the tab

As sure you're right........Really should in my opinion be an out of hours number to call re issues like this.:|

Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies? I've had these problems before when logging into some sites and this usually resolves it.

Although since you tried more than one browser this might not be the case.

Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies? I've had these problems before when logging into some sites and this usually resolves it.

Although since you tried more than one browser this might not be the case.

Hadn't tried that till you mentioned.

Same same still, and have used two laptops as per OP.

It was worth a try. They're probably just doing server maintenance out of hours over the weekend.

Good Luck!

Edit: Just tried logging in and got the same error message.

Assuming that you connect to their server your connection is technically still secure. I.e. the connection between your computer and the server is encrypted, nobody in the middle can see the data you send/receive. Expired certificate does not make a connection unsecure.

This happens every couple of weeks at weekend ,its maintanence or something ,it will be back up later on today id say

Back to normal now as just logged in normally......

Capital Spreads had part of their home page displaying same problem early afternoon likewise.