nostradamus

andrewmooton

nostrdamus

Whilst perusing the spreadtrade2win forums I came across something called nostradamus:

http://www.nostradamus.co.uk/

This is what it is/does:

"Nostradamus gives neural network based predictions of the high and low in your chosen market for the next two and 8 hours - couple this with our COMPASS indicator which gives you the direction and strength of any market move - you have an ideal intraday trading tool to predict future levels, and to show you how long to run a profitable position."

They are all raving about it over at spreadtrade2win and I was wondering if anyone here has any knowledge/experience of it.

Cheers
Andrew

a couple of folk in the T2W Forex room 'observed' it for a while Andrew. I had a peek at it for a while, but didn't really find it that awe inspiring.....sure, it signalled potential turns in market activity, but I guess it needs to be accommodated alongside 'other' signals to work effectively (if at all).....as with most other indicators, it's a guide to reflect market sentiment & used as a stand alone tool won't really offer you anything that observing price action would?!......but, I guess I'll stand corrected should someone confirm otherwise :|

I started a thread about something called nostrdamus in the commercial systems forum but noone seems to know much about it, anyway maybe here is a better place to ask about it:

www.nostradamus.co.uk

Please tell me what you know about it.

:cheesy: may as well follow you across the board & add a further comment Andrew!!.....read the blurb carefully, it uses phrases like "help confirm/assist in/combined with" etc.....at £100pm it's a tad steep as a trade confirmer imo....call me a cynical so & so, but these sexy looking gizmo's have a tendancy to divert the trader away from the very thing they should be immersing themselves in.....price study!

as I said over on the other thread, it didn't really tell me anything I didn't already see forming with my own eyes on the charts, the compass looks very nice on the screen, but would you actually lay your hard earned down on the swing of the needle??...plus it's "something else to look at" and by the time you've worked out whether you're gonna take the trade, price has either whipped thru your entry or the needle has swung back to it's original position! :confused:

take the 'trial'.....I guess it'll offer you a better perspective as to whether it's worth shelling out on?!

As usual not much for Johnny T to say apart from his sarcastic comments.
Whats up mate? Did you have a bad childhood??
There seems to be nothing pleasant in any of your posts.
I guess your just p!ssed with the performance of your B/O strats.
Smile and be happy!
We live in a wonderful world.. :)

Andrew.

Iv used Nostradamus for a while but found i could get the same signals by using a 15 min chart. Im not saying its not useful but i feel there are certainly limitations by using Nostra on its own.
As Buk was saying there are a few of us in the Forex chat room who have used the software.
If you want to pop in sometime im sure myself and a few others will be happy to answer any questions

Happy Trading
Faris..
:) :)

Faris said:
As usual not much for Johnny T to say apart from his sarcastic comments.
Whats up mate? Did you have a bad childhood??
There seems to be nothing pleasant in any of your posts.
I guess your just p!ssed with the performance of your B/O strats.
Smile and be happy!
We live in a wonderful world.. :)

Come on, calling an indicator nostradamus tells you all you need to know about it.

Great marketing but is there any substance?

My comment was meant to be a joke and certainly wasn't meant to be sarcastic.

JonnyT

I spent quite a lot of time looking at a Neural Network package called NeuroShell Trader. It was not simple to configure and I did not have much success with it despite many many hours of fruitless work. A friend however who works for a big Energy trading company has used it to predict day ahead energy settlement prices with great success but I should add that he is a very clever ******* .