noob questions

jimbo99

Becoming licensed broker noob ?

Ok, so im aware in order to be a broker you need a series 7 and 63 license and must be sponsored by a firm, some firms offering training sponsorship and no experience required. others want degrees etc..

How exactly does this work?... Are these firms willing to consider high school grads with little or no college just as long as they pass the state series exams they are qualified?

and another issue.. In an interview with a firm scenario, having no degree/qualifications would make for a stressfull interview agree?. how would you go about this, or do they not even care just looking for motivated sales people.

Last edited:
I needed a manager to register me for my series tests. I think it is just a basic requirement so not everyone can take it.

jimbo99 said:
Ok, so im aware in order to be a broker you need a series 7 and 63 license and must be sponsored by a firm, some firms offering training sponsorship and no experience required. others want degrees etc..

How exactly does this work?... Are these firms willing to consider high school grads with little or no college just as long as they pass the state series exams they are qualified?

and another issue.. In an interview with a firm scenario, having no degree/qualifications would make for a stressfull interview agree?. how would you go about this, or do they not even care just looking for motivated sales people.