Becoming a stockbroker.


6 0
Hello all, so I know there are tonnes of questions about becoming a broker but I can't find any current up-to-date answers. Originally I thought I had to do the FSA unit 1,2 and 8 to trade but then I read somewhere else that the Bank of England has now taken that over! Can someone please clarify about what exams I need to study for to become a licensed broker in the UK? I'm currently at uni and am about to do my placement year at a small firm outside London.

Pretty much, what exams and where can I do them? How much will they cost if I didn't get sponsorship?

Thanks for your help guys!


Junior member
20 0
Hi, few months late but hopefully it's still helpful. Check out the CISI Masters in Wealth Management, with the provider BPP. When I was in the city couple years back my firm paid for it but I think the cost is roughly £1500 per module with 3 modules if you take the full course option. If you take just the exam and text book I think it was about £400 per module from memory and to be honest you could probably do it with just these.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock