noob question??

investion101

Hi,

Quick question,

I usually just have a volume indicator on my window but would like to know how do I see or where do I go to see how many shares are available at the specific ask?

Hi,

Quick question,

I usually just have a volume indicator on my window but would like to know how do I see or where do I go to see how many shares are available at the specific ask?

Hi,

You’ll need to use a Level 2 platform that give you access to view the SETS order book. This will show you the number of shares available on both the Bid and Offer at particular levels.

Well have the level 2 access and how can I can I check how many shares are available at the specific ask?

Well have the level 2 access and how can I can I check how many shares are available at the specific ask?

If you pull up a SETS stock, say Barclays on the FTSE 100 for example you should see a yellow strip that will have the Bid and Offer price in the middle, then to the left of the Bid and the right of the Offer you will see some other numbers! That is the amount of shares that are available to buy or sell at those levels. If you look down the order book this will be replicated all the way down.

Hope that helps